SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Mankato

Let'sGoHawks!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on where said Sioux fan is traveling from there, bro(as you know they are scattered all over the place). But if you start out in GF I would say Bemidji is the closet road game, followed by St. Cloud.

That is a good point. For us that live in Grand Forks, ND

From my Favorite Google Maps its:

Its 112 miles to Bemidji, MN.

Its 251 miles to Saint Cloud, MN.

Its 261 Miles to Duluth, MN

Its 314 miles to Minneapolis, MN.

Its 384 Miles to Mankato, MN.

Its 582 Miles to Madison, WI.

Saint Cloud to Minneapolis is 66.3 Miles

Duluth to Minneapolis is 152 Miles.

SCSU is and then its about a tie with UMD and UMN then probably MSUM.

The great thing about Mankato is there's always thousands of tickets available.

(Hint if you haven't been there before, its a U-shape, with the students on the bottom of the U and most Sioux fans on the tops of the U. Of course if you're feeling feisty, go sit by the students. I bring kids so we sit as far away as possible.)

That is a good point. For us that live in Grand Forks, ND

From my Favorite Google Maps its:

Its 112 miles to Bemidji, MN.

Its 251 miles to Saint Cloud, MN.

Its 261 Miles to Duluth, MN

Its 314 miles to Minneapolis, MN.

Its 384 Miles to Mankato, MN.

Its 582 Miles to Madison, WI.

Saint Cloud to Minneapolis is 66.3 Miles

Duluth to Minneapolis is 152 Miles.

This may sound stupid to some of you, but I didn't realize Duluth was that close to Minneapolis.

The great thing about Mankato is there's always thousands of tickets available.

(Hint if you haven't been there before, its a U-shape, with the students on the bottom of the U and most Sioux fans on the tops of the U. Of course if you're feeling feisty, go sit by the students. I bring kids so we sit as far away as possible.)

There won't be thousands of tickets available for these games. Last weekend they drew just over 4000 people, and the capacity is 4800. This weekend might draw a few more just because the Sioux always seem to draw big crowds in Mankato. My guess is that some tickets will still be available at the door, but I'd get there as early as possible.

RW: How come you've never prefaced any of your other comments that way? (Just kidding! But it was soooo easy.)

Goon: Maybe for someone who drives like a Grandma... I've made it in under 2 hours.

Yeah me too- from St. Paul. Even in rush hour you can do it in 2. But I didn't think we were playing in Duluth this year? So Mankato, Uof M, or SCSU are the best bet if you live near the Twin Cities.

RW: How come you've never prefaced any of your other comments that way? (Just kidding! But it was soooo easy.)

Goon: Maybe for someone who drives like a Grandma... I've made it in under 2 hours.

Ha Ha. :glare:;)

I don't know why it was so much easier than my other comments. It seems as though it never stopped people otherwise. ???

Depends how many times you stop, or if you get caught in traffic or get lost.

I ussually have a rule of 5 if the speed limit says 75 I am going 80. I haven't driven on I-35 for some time but I would imagine its only 70 mph. Maybe I need to pick it up a bit eh?

I will be there with two of my brothers. Section 319 baby! I have never been to Mankato, so I am pumped to go down for the Saturday night game. Anyone know a good place to go to before the game? I am sure we won't be welcome anywhere with our jerseys on!

Sure you will, I have been to quite a few games there. Lots of Sioux fans the times I have been there.

Well, What Would Dale Earnhardt do?

For a short while there was a series of product ads featuring some driver's fake school (can't remember who's). But the idea was that folks would ask questions like, "What is a safe following distance at highway speeds," and the driver would respond "6 inches." I loved those comericials, but I digress...

I know there is a Holiday Inn right near the civic center, are there any other hotels nearby? Also what are some recommended restaurants / bars?

For a short while there was a series of product ads featuring some driver's fake school (can't remember who's). But the idea was that folks would ask questions like, "What is a safe following distance at highway speeds," and the driver would respond "6 inches." I loved those comericials, but I digress...

I know there is a Holiday Inn right near the civic center, are there any other hotels nearby? Also what are some recommended restaurants / bars?

depends on what type of crowd you're looking for, but i found that going downtown was generally fun. it's got a grand forks atmosphere there, in which you can walk from bar to bar pretty easily. lots of different options for drinking. i know they have a couple restaurants (bww and i think applebees) right next to a couple bars.

edit: the perkins on the highway into town is open all night long. they have great food at 2am. :glare:

There was an injury update on the Sioux hockey blog about Toews and Forney:

Jonathan Toews did not practice Tuesday and a decision on whether he will make the trip to Mankato will likely come this afternoon. It sounds like Toews wants to play, but the coaches aren't quite as optimistic.

There is better news about Michael Forney, however. Forney shed the no-hit jersey he wore in practice last week. He worked out with full contact Tuesday. It sounds like he's probably going to make his return to the lineup this weekend, should he continue to hold up well in practice this week.

Check back Wednesday afternoon (3:30 to 4) to see what coach Dave Hakstol says about the injuries in his weekly gathering with the media, and check Thursday's paper for more info on the weekend.

From Brad's Blog

Add Philippe Lamoureux to the training room roster.

Lamoureux probably won't make the trip to Mankato, UND coach Dave Hakstol said this afternoon. Haksol said no decision has been made on who will play in Mankato -- Anthony Grieco or Aaron Walski. Lamoureux didn't practice Tuesday or Wednesday.

:glare: