SiouxSports.com Forum

Did anyone hear Hakstol's post-game comments?

BostonSiouxFan

What did Taffe ever do? I honestly don't remember him ever being a hack. It certainly wasn't his reputation to be dirty. Just curious, what are you referring to exactly? Are you sure you're not thinking of Westrum? Now he was cheap.

Bucky Bucky Bucky! Taffe used to be all over Sioux players like a cheap suit.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucky Bucky Bucky! Taffe used to be all over Sioux players like a cheap suit.

Of all the chippy players that have come through this league over the years, Taffe seems like an odd choice to mention IMO. If you didn't like Taffe's antics, then you can't defend Prpich's antics either.

Of all the chippy players that have come through this league over the years, Taffe seems like an odd choice to mention IMO. If you didn't like Taffe's antics, then you can't defend Prpich's antics either.

Prpich was always willing to back it up; Taffe never was.

I mentioned Taffe because of the opinion that he was highly skilled, similar to the Maine player. While I don't know what Hakstol was thinking, a coach saying he doesn't respect the way a player plays must have something to do with cheap or dirty play. What else could it be, the guy works to hard???

I agree with Sprig, you can't compare Taffe with Prpich. If I remember correctly, TH was the one that used to get on Taffe constantly during broadcasts on what a wuss he was. Hitting after the whistle and then running for cover.

Just curious, I know he was up with Phoenix at one time but did Taffe ever mature into a full time NHL player?

Whatever, we disagree. I was just surprised that of all the players to choose from, it was Taffe that was compared to a player that Hakstol said "I don't have to give him any credit. I don't like how he plays the game." That's not how other coaches thought about Taffe IMO. Now Westrum on the other hand.... :)

Whatever, we disagree. I was just surprised that of all the players to choose from, it was Taffe that was compared to a player that Hakstol said "I don't have to give him any credit. I don't like how he plays the game." That's not how other coaches thought about Taffe IMO. Now Westrum on the other hand.... :)

The more you continue to defend Taffe and claim to know what other coaches thought of him, the more you damage your own credibility here.

Because I don't think that Taffe was a hack? Sprig just defended Prpich. I hope you'll say the same thing about him or you'll also lose some credibilty.

he didnt say his antics were ok... he said at least prpich would back it up. taffe just ran after he did something. a lot more respect for someone who will hack a guy and then take a beating, compared to someone who hacks a guy and then turtles or runs and hides.

Once again bucky spewing crap. First of all the credibility issue. You will never, and I mean ever be on the level that PCM is bucky, so quit losing sleep over that right now. Now to taffy, one of the biggest hacks ever. That's not to say Prpch wasn't, but like has been pointed out, Prpch never was afraid to face the consequences of his actions. taffy got what he deserved in the AHL a couple seasons ago when he elbowed that goalie behind the net. At some point it all comes around, and taffy got his face beat in, the nice thing was he had no where to run and nowhere to hide, and justice got served.

Once again bucky spewing crap. First of all the credibility issue. You will never, and I mean ever be on the level that PCM is bucky, so quit losing sleep over that right now. Now to taffy, one of the biggest hacks ever. That's not to say Prpch wasn't, but like has been pointed out, Prpch never was afraid to face the consequences of his actions. taffy got what he deserved in the AHL a couple seasons ago when he elbowed that goalie behind the net. At some point it all comes around, and taffy got his face beat in, the nice thing was he had no where to run and nowhere to hide, and justice got served.

Calm down, I wasn't spewing crap. I was just honestly surprised that Sioux fans felt this way about Taffe, I've never heard it before. Triouxper, you take things way to seriously and freak out even when I say something that's not the least bit confrontational. And you of all posters don't have the right to call someone else out about "spewing crap" on a message board. You invented the concept.

Triouxper ... you of all posters don't have the right to call someone else out about "spewing crap" on a message board. You invented the concept.

Not to take anything away from TheTriouxper, but I believe Al Gore invented the concept. :)

Calm down, I wasn't spewing crap. I was just honestly surprised that Sioux fans felt this way about Taffe, I've never heard it before. Triouxper, you take things way to seriously and freak out even when I say something that's not the least bit confrontational. And you of all posters don't have the right to call someone else out about "spewing crap" on a message board. You invented the concept.

You are nothing more than a mis-informed blowhard that comes here to defend everything tinged brown and yellow and create disharmony. Please get your facts in line before you post stupid things. As far as your dislike for me I have nothing more to say than you are just another number on a long and distinguished list of others who share your feelings. You need to invent a concept called "having a clue".

You are nothing more than a mis-informed blowhard that comes here to defend everything tinged brown and yellow and create disharmony. Please get your facts in line before you post stupid things. As far as your dislike for me I have nothing more to say than you are just another number on a long and distinguished list of others who share your feelings. You need to invent a concept called "having a clue".

Taffe being a hack is not a fact, it's an opinion. You being a complete jerk, now there's a fact.

Taffe being a hack is not a fact, it's an opinion. You being a complete jerk, now there's a fact.

Are you like 12 or something, did you ever watch taffy play. Please explain to me why he got his ass kicked in the AHL, his season ended, and had to have his face put back together ? That stuff happens to most players who are of quality character now doesn't it.

Come on buckysieve you should know by now that The TRIOUXPER is the king of SPEW :)