SiouxSports.com Forum

Did anyone hear Hakstol's post-game comments?

BostonSiouxFan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the college game it's hard to "back it up." One fight a year, maybe two. It gives players the opportunity to act tough without having to throw down.

It Pprich played for a rival the Sioux faithful would have been appalled by his conduct. I wouldn't compare Pprich to Taffe, two completely different players. It was Pprich's role to be a pest, not so with Taffe. We loved Pprich, but don't kid yourself into thinking you'd respect him if he wore maroon and gold.

In the college game it's hard to "back it up." One fight a year, maybe two. It gives players the opportunity to act tough without having to throw down.

It Pprich played for a rival the Sioux faithful would have been appalled by his conduct. I wouldn't compare Pprich to Taffe, two completely different players. It was Pprich's role to be a pest, not so with Taffe. We loved Pprich, but don't kid yourself into thinking you'd respect him if he wore maroon and gold.

Show me where anyone here argued that Prphc was an angel ?

Are you like 12 or something, did you ever watch taffy play. Please explain to me why he got his ass kicked in the AHL, his season ended, and had to have his face put back together ? That stuff happens to most players who are of quality character now doesn't it.

Hopefully that beatdown was a wakeup call and Taffe will get his crap together. I seem to remember an ex-sioux that had a similar incident and he seems to have gone on to have a productive career.

I agree, some of his antics were over the line sometimes. However since he played for the Sioux we put up with it and often overlooked it. I agree that if he was a Goofer we would have been bashing him a lot.

The whole point is bucky is defending him like he was some kind of choirboy, or maybe altarboy, hmmmm, maybe they have something in common.

No I'm not. Maybe he was chippier than I remember. In my first post about this I simply asked what 7>4 was referring to when he mentioned Taffe regarding cheap shots. Like I've said many times now, I've just never heard opposing fans complain about Taffe in that regard so it surprised me some.

Seems like Hakstol rightfully must have been upset about a player deliberately injuring Toews right or am I missing something? Seems reasonable.

Obligatory Gopher talk:

Taffe was a brilliant college scorer who would do some stupid stuff before and after the whistle. I don't honestly think there were a whole lot of college kids challenging him because he was a lot bigger than most. Whether he deserved his broken jaw and I believe dozens of stiches for his chippy play I guess is for you all to decide. I don't think Taffe put anyone out of action with his crap though, of course that may have been a function of luck.

Westrum seemed virtually identical to the game Blake played. He'd score, hack, get hacked, fight, whine at the refs and if he'd have played for the Sioux you all would have loved him. As for him backing down, I don't believe it. I'd always be hoping he'd let some stuff go because the Gophers couldn't afford to have him missing ice time in those days.

Seems like Hakstol rightfully must have been upset about a player deliberately injuring Toews right or am I missing something? Seems reasonable.

Obligatory Gopher talk:

Taffe was a brilliant college scorer who would do some stupid stuff before and after the whistle. I don't honestly think there were a whole lot of college kids challenging him because he was a lot bigger than most. Whether he deserved his broken jaw and I believe dozens of stiches for his chippy play I guess is for you all to decide. I don't think Taffe put anyone out of action with his crap though, of course that may have been a function of luck.

Westrum seemed virtually identical to the game Blake played. He'd score, hack, get hacked, fight, whine at the refs and if he'd have played for the Sioux you all would have loved him. As for him backing down, I don't believe it. I'd always be hoping he'd let some stuff go because the Gophers couldn't afford to have him missing ice time in those days.

I think the kicking incident hurt Westrum's image, but I agree that he and Blake were pretty similar players in many ways. I'd have loved Westrum on the Sioux and hated Prpich on the Gophs. That's part of being a fan, there are some things you don't necessarily have to be consistent about, and some things you have to be. Unless you are talking about actions that are potentially injurious, your "goon" is my "hard nosed player" and vice versa.

We just were guessing, since Hak's comments about Levielle were so out of character that one could only assume that might be the case.

With all due respect Sagaard, taffy's action's did in fact put someone out. That goalie from the Aero's was playing the puck behind the net when taffy came in elbow high and gave him a concussion, thus the ensuing ass-whoopin' he rightfully deserved.

Hard to argue with that. Taffe had to learn at some point guys were going to hit him back. If he'd have learned it in college, he certainly could have saved himself a lot of pain.

Maybe if they let the players police themselves a little more ala five minute major and gone just for that game and not progressive games gone maybe it would eliminate some of that kind of tough guy/turtle act.

Yeah, but that would cut into adam's and shepard's TV time, and we can't have that. :)

Maybe if they let the players police themselves a little more ala five minute major and gone just for that game and not progressive games gone maybe it would eliminate some of that kind of tough guy/turtle act.

Or maybe if the WCHA actually enforced the facewashing and after-the-whistle-hittiing rules already in the book, he would have gotten the message before someone rearranged his face.

Or maybe if the WCHA actually enforced the facewashing and after-the-whistle-hittiing rules already in the book, he would have gotten the message before someone rearranged his face.

You know that's not going to happen. Example in last sats game when Kaip took two punches to the back of his head with no call and not five minutes later Lee gets called on contact to the head for just pushing at a guys facemask, and yes they should have both been penalties but why was the most obvious one not called and it happened right in front on the ref.