SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MAINE @ The Ralph

AZSIOUX

I'm guessing that they will rotate.

From reading in between the lines on PCM's recap, I think Friday will be Bishop-Genoway-Miller and Saturday will be Bishop-Genoway-Vandevelde (or some combination).

If Miller doesn't play on Friday, I'd expect to see him play on Saturday. Same thing for Vandevelde. Maybe Martens will make an appearance? Who knows.

How do you know for sure that none of them are on 3rd line? I'm guessing we see Genoway play 3rd line and an all freshman 4th line..thats the way it sounded when Hakstol was on his radio show anyways.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sweep for the Sioux would be HUGE but I am not expecting it. Maine is a top notch program and my favorite program after our beloved Fighting Sioux. We met some really great Maine fans in Columbus. I hope they make this a more frequent meeting between the two programs.

Wish we would be getting these games on TV here in CO. Those of you lucky enough to be in GF this weekend should be treated to some great college hockey. Enjoy.

I read through all of the posts and maybe missed it directly, but the game IS on at Joe Senser's in Bloomington, right?

Also, I agree 100%, but for the Sioux, the best program hands down is Maine... and my mom is from there, so... :)

As good as Maine appears to be, I still think the Sioux get a sweep at home as I honestly think that this may be the best team "on the ice" (i.e. read not just talent pool, rather, but the way they actually play together) since the then unknown guys from 1997.

How do you know for sure that none of them are on 3rd line? I'm guessing we see Genoway play 3rd line and an all freshman 4th line..thats the way it sounded when Hakstol was on his radio show anyways.

i assume the 3rd line will be zajac,fabian,kaip like the last game leaving the other to battle out for the 4th line

here's a question, how do people think about the fatigue factor for maine, yes they have had a weekend home inbetween but the black bears have traveled almost 4500 miles already this year compared to the less than 1000 miles for the Sioux. Just wondering if anyone thinks the black bears might be a little tired even though its early in the season.

OK I have a question for everyone. Did the saturday game get moved to Sunday. I noticed on ESPNU that they are showing the game and it says it is live but is scheduled for 2:00pm on Sunday. I had not heard anything so i am assuming that they are just reshowing the game and it is a replay. But thought I would check.

OK I have a question for everyone. Did the saturday game get moved to Sunday. I noticed on ESPNU that they are showing the game and it says it is live but is scheduled for 2:00pm on Sunday. I had not heard anything so i am assuming that they are just reshowing the game and it is a replay. But thought I would check.

They decided to play 3 games this weekend, just so the fans could really get their money's worth. Just keep your ticket from Saturday's game to get in on Sunday. :)

From the Blethen Maine Newspapers:

North Dakota tough test for Maine

"Our first game was a good test, but was just the first game," said senior wing Josh Soares. "Bemidji was a good warm-up and now going into North Dakota is going to be the real deal. They're a talented team, one of the top teams in the nation. We're going to see where we're at."
The Western Collegiate Hockey League is reputed to call fewer penalties than officials in Hockey East.

"I've got a pretty good idea of where we're at. I do agree there were a lot of penalties called (last weekend)," said Maine coach Tim Whitehead. "We've been told WCHA doesn't call it quite as tight. And if that's the case, we may not see as many power plays and penalty kills. And that's fine."

The Fighting Sioux are expected to be a talented and physical opponent.

"They've always had good teams. They have a great tradition out there," said Soares. "They get highly skilled players and they always seem really strong on their skates, playing the body. It should be a pretty physical game."

They decided to play 3 games this weekend, just so the fans could really get their money's worth. Just keep your ticket from Saturday's game to get in on Sunday. :(

:) espnu is showing a replay. im sure you have figured that out by now. that would be sweet if it was a third game though ;)

I didn't make it out to Sensor's last Friday night, but I did on Saturday. I headed out to the one in Bloomington only to find out it was completely packed and overrun with Nebraska fans. So I headed back to the one in Eagan (near my house) to watch the game and got a seat the bar.

Is the one in Bloomington always that packed or was it just because of the Nebraska football game?

I'd like to head out to Bloomington tonight to watch the game where there are more Sioux fans around.

I didn't make it out to Sensor's last Friday night, but I did on Saturday. I headed out to the one in Bloomington only to find out it was completely packed and overrun with Nebraska fans. So I headed back to the one in Eagan (near my house) to watch the game and got a seat the bar.

Is the one in Bloomington always that packed or was it just because of the Nebraska football game?

I'd like to head out to Bloomington tonight to watch the game where there are more Sioux fans around.

Just Nebraska. Always check when they are playing. Normally, the organizers will try and help Sioux fans find a place to sit, but the pep band and go big red chants get old. I kept looking for their stick of gum mascot, but never saw it.

Just Nebraska. Always check when they are playing. Normally, the organizers will try and help Sioux fans find a place to sit, but the pep band and go big red chants get old. I kept looking for their stick of gum mascot, but never saw it.

Sounds good, I'll come over that way tonight.

What time is a good time to show up to get a seat at the bar for the game?