SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's court filings

jimdahl

What time does the hearing start today?

10 a.m.

Now it's looking like I won't be there. :lol:

I've been fighting a cold for the last few weeks. I thought I was getting better, but I woke up this morning feeling awful. Damn.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Looks like the parties had a telephone conference with the Judge and they pushed the trial date back to December 2007.

UND v. NCAA: Dec. '07

First, mksioux thanks for the information on this latest development. Second, as I readed the article in the Herald (I think I spell that right if not please forgive me for my lousy spelling.) The judge suggest to me was an idea of a out of court settlement. Hey that's how I see it. My spin on that is simple. NO. The day UND & the NCAA reach a settlement is when hell freezes over & the devil goes ice skating. After all let's agree on one thing the NCAA wouldn't know the truth even if they were standing in a fresh pile of it. GO GATORS CHOMP ON OHIO STATE ON JAN 8.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

First, mksioux thanks for the information on this latest development. Second, as I readed the article in the Herald (I think I spell that right if not please forgive me for my lousy spelling.) The judge suggest to me was an idea of a out of court settlement. Hey that's how I see it. My spin on that is simple. NO. The day UND & the NCAA reach a settlement is when hell freezes over & the devil goes ice skating. After all let's agree on one thing the NCAA wouldn't know the truth even if they were standing in a fresh pile of it. GO GATORS CHOMP ON OHIO STATE ON JAN 8.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

I wouldn't read too much into the settlement comments. Judges encourage settlement in nearly every lawsuit. In Minnesota, it is mandatory (with a few exceptions) for the parties to engage in alternative dispute resolution before the case can go to trial. I'm not sure if North Dakota has the same rule though.

Found this on the front page of MSNBC.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16238546/

The only compromise is for the NC$$ to recognize that they are not the social conscience for colleges, athletes and fans. God gave us free will and the First Amendment gave us freedom of speech. If you choose to be offended by words and pictures, that's your choice. If we want to use a particular name and logo, the constitution gives us that right.

Jahnke said he does not believe either side wants a trial, and suggested they consider changing the logo or nickname in a way acceptable to both.

NO F'ING WAY!

The only compromise is for the NC$$ to recognize that they are not the social conscience for colleges, athletes and fans. God gave us free will and the First Amendment gave us freedom of speech. If you choose to be offended by words and pictures, that's your choice. If we want to use a particular name and logo, the constitution gives us that right.

NO F'ING WAY!

I agree with that 100%. Furthermore like I said befor & I'll say it again. The day both sides have an out of court settlement is when hell freezes over & the devil goes ice skating. That's the only way. Let's face it thing is going to trial in Dec 07. You can take that to the bank. GO GATORS CHOMP ON OHIO STATE.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.