SiouxSports.com Forum

Hagemo Done

CVCL

The colors on the jersey don't matter in cases like. I feel bad for him and hope that his recovery eventually is sufficient for him to do whatever else he chooses to do in life.

Good luck and God speed!

Very well put--it expresses my sentiments exactly. The persons on this board have put this into proper perspective and understand that despite our loyalty to our team, this is a game for young men and I hate to see him go out this way. On the other hand, the U of M honoring his scholarship is very classy and Don Lucia should be commended.

Very well put--it expresses my sentiments exactly. The persons on this board have put this into proper perspective and understand that despite our loyalty to our team, this is a game for young men and I hate to see him go out this way. On the other hand, the U of M honoring his scholarship is very classy and Don Lucia should be commended.

I read Lucia use the term "medical scholarship". What exactly does that refer to?

I read Lucia use the term "medical scholarship". What exactly does that refer to?

i think it basically says--you were not able to play any more, because of medical reasons...usually i would assume that they would try to get him to fight it until it was the team that gave up, but i think nowadays the teams are better than that and they are doing the right thing by not making hagemo fight that any more.

on a side note, i have to say what everyone else has said...this sucks! i feel really sorry for him, he was a 2nd round pick and then in one game(essentially), its all over...as far as hockey goes. good luck to him with his academics.

Good move by the U in keeping him on scholarship.

Tough loss for the Gophers (and his pro team). Nate's condition is sad. I truly wish him the best. Don't care much about the Gophers but this isn't a Gophers-related loss exactly. Losing a hockey player to anything other than graduation (college), early departure (college), or retirement (pro) is just a sad event for the sport.

He was talented and no doubt he will be missed.

Best of luck to Hagemo in the fututre. Hate to see any athlete go out like that.

Schools can honor the scholarship for injured players and guys who use up their eligibility and have not finished school. It doesn't count against their 18 scholarships they have for the current team.

If they have another injury I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in a player at Christmas break.

Best of luck to Hagemo in the fututre. Hate to see any athlete go out like that.

Schools can honor the scholarship for injured players and guys who use up their eligibility and have not finished school. It doesn't count against their 18 scholarships they have for the current team.

If they have another injury I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in a player at Christmas break.

No doubt. It seemed coming into the season that they'd filled in the gaps at D. Schack was supposed to be a spot player and now he'll get more ice time. He IS the depth at D for the Gophers now that Hagemo is gone. It's an interesting dilemma to have a player like Schack (who isn't all that heralded and is basically one step up from a walk on) be the depth at a position that had its weak spots in years past.