SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Augie - Game Thread

SiouxMD

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW. That was darned lucky. Lots of dumb moves (from my football-uneducated mind). I don't know if I would have run an option play on 3rd down on the goalline. I would probably have done something like a toss sweep or something that takes the play AWAY from the pile. Oh well, what do I know. I only listened to it on the radio.

Belmore again has trouble 3 out of 4 quarters. I hope Manke gets healthy soon because if his stats don't bench Belmore, his confidence in himself may. The defense on our team is monsterous and our special teams deserve the game ball. 2 blocked field goals, one nearly blocked punt... They were all over Augie today.

I don't know, but I thought Belmore was much better last year in spot duty than this year. Maybe I'm wrong.

That's a heck of a wake up call. Let's go Sioux! Congrats on the win.

Darn right.

But these close games coming down to the last few plays are going to help if it comes down to the final minutes later in the season.
That is true. It shows that the guys can get it done and don't lose heart.

*breathes a HUGE sigh of relief*

That is for sure. That was nerve-racking.

I wouldn't have let Belmore toss anything. Thankfully, Hellavang has some confidence and hit the field goal.

HockeyMom,

If that is what it has come down to, then it's time to put in Danny Freund until Manke is 100% again. I don't care if he is a sophomore, let him learn from his mistakes on the job. Run the ball more and let the defense and special teams carry more of the load. Anything is better than the crap that went on today. If we go down to Omaha and do this, we'll lose by three touchdowns.