SiouxSports.com Forum

2006/2007 Women's Basketball

4siouxnow

I'm not really worried for a couple of reasons. One, all five games this year have been played without one key player (Langen for most of the first three; Maffin the past two). Secondly, Langen has been a slow starter all three of her seasons at UND, but chances are in about a month or so she'll be back to what we're used to seeing. This team does apparently have some flaws--probably not enough outside shooting for one--but I think they'll be very tough once at full strength.

O.K., now I'm worried! :silly:

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I figured. These injuries are starting to worry me. Langen and her ankle could go on all season possibly, which would really hurt her conditioning, I don't think she moved once she got into a lane last night...on either end. If it is Ledger's back, that is pretty much an on going condition since she came to UND. With Sannes, no one knows when that knee is going to act up either. That great post depth the Sioux have is going to be on thin ice, as least in the immediate future.

That's what I heard.

They didn't play that bad. They would have to play worse than that to lose to the Bison. If they get healthy they will be just fine. Last night was a combination of injuries and they had one of those nights where it wasn't meant to be. Just relax...everything will be just fine.

Ledger will have to surgery and she is most likely done for the year.

While the one special Northern ran got them big baskets, they ran a lot of different sets also. Northern played better than UND Tuesday night and deserved the win.

I am more worried about the inablility of guards to make shots than I am post depth. Langen, Kimbrough, Sannes, etc. are plenty of posts. Finding 4 guards who can make shots is scarier to me. I've only seen 1 game though so it is probably an over reaction on my part.

They will be fine..!

Looked tired on Tuesday, However when they get healthy, Langen looked sluggish and a step slow I'm guessing ankle still bothering her a little...Seay banged up a little, she is going t be real good ,we need her play on the ouside, The Ledger injury is going to hurt..But "Buck" to good of Coach and system not to make a run with these Ladies..But do agree with 92,96 he sure is stubborn on zone defense...?

Just a bad nite...happens, and Northern is Good

The thing I like about Northern is 2 nodak kids playing and playing well. UND and NDSU don't always get everyone, whether its because they don't think they can or what, it's good a place like Northern exists for kids like Boepple and Becker to play. They were as good as anyone on the floor for either team Tuesday nite.

What remains to be seen is whether anyone can step forward to be the go-to player. It probably won't work for that player to be Langen, because it's too easy to double and triple team a post player. Over the past decade, it seems like there's always been either a guard or an inside-outside player who could create her own shot--the Pudenz's, Richards, Arndtson, Moen, LeCuyer, Leighton and Boese. Who can step up to fill that role? The most likely candidate is probably Maffin, if she can regain her form from the Disney tournament. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, it appears that this year's team has some major issues defensively. I couldn't figure out what they were trying to do tonight, but whatever it was, it clearly wasn't working. Lewis didn't have a ton of talent by any means, but they had open looks nearly every possession. On the bright side, Langen was back to her old self offensively, and Beck had another excellent game.

I didn't see the game tuesday, but after last nights game I feel better, we will fix our defensive issues, and when Jahner gets her shot going we are going to be OK.

Should be a great game Sunday, I hope there is a better crowd than last night we may need a little help.

I hope the students get back and come to the game.

Saw the game yesterday.

Lewis didn't have a classic post player, instead used the center on the perimeter to set picks, pulling Langen away from the basket. And we never did get the defensive rotations set up to key on their best players, who kept getting open looks until the final buzzer.

I think Gene has a real live conundrum for the first time in a while. Do you play the good defensive players who are simply not scoring (Jahner, they quit guarding in the second half), or do you put in good offensive players who aren't good defensively (Kimbrough, who is magic on offense but failed to box out at least twice and is too slow to rotate on D).

Maffin was solid and looked healthy. Beck played an overall very good game, with the only observation that she passed up a fair number of open looks.

Reportedly, the coaches demanded an increase in conditioning after Tuesday's loss. I think that's another good thing to focus on.

I doubt there's much, if any scholarship money left, but considering the uncertain future of Ledger, and Val Sannes's history of knee problems, I wonder if Roebuck is at all interested in Steve Brekke's daughter, who's 6'2" and a sophomore at Lake Region? It would be nice to have another post player.

:D A little confused as to why no one has any thing to say about the ladies whom seem to be getting it together?:) Last game, it was nice to see the one-two punch in the post kick in. Awesome passes from Langen to Kimbrough...that should work all year long...either from L to K or K to L...it's looking much better...3 pointers are going in and ball movement is much better! Watching the last two games...very impressed with Anna Leigh Brady's passing! Perhaps they should involve her more? Any thoughts??

I just noticed a rather odd scheduling quirk--UND is playing at Bemidji State for the second year in a row. What's up with that?

Unless I'm misreading the schedule, we are playing AT Crookston again too..for the 2nd year in a row...what's up with that??

I believe Bemidji beat both NDSU and SCSU...could be interesting.

Unless I'm misreading the schedule, we are playing AT Crookston again too..for the 2nd year in a row...what's up with that??

I believe Bemidji beat both NDSU and SCSU...could be interesting.

UND played UMC both at home and on the road last year. I know non-conference games are tough to come by since so many of them are needed with just a seven-team conference, but I just can't understand why we would agree to travel to Bemidji two years in a row unless it was part of a home-and-home series like last year with UMC, and like the men have had with BSU the past few years.

I agree the women are looking better each game, the defense seems to have improved alot, and the offense is getting better at working with 2 post as opposed to the one as in the past, you have to be kiding about more time for the Anna leigh, she does fine but is no where near cracking the regular rotation.

Has anyone heard anything about Whitney Ledger I understand she had back surgery last week.

It's awesome to see Val has really picked up her game game is proving to be a great addition to the rotation in the post.