star2city

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dome is good for football.

They need a new bball arena.

The exact situation NDSU is in.

You been in the dome or near it?? Judging by "The dome is good for football", I would guess not. NDSU is in a much better situation facilities-wise then USD is, even without a refurbishing of the BSA.

The dome is good for football.

They need a new bball arena.

The exact situation NDSU is in.

There is absolutely no comparison between the Fargo Dome and the Dakota Dome. Say what you want about NDSU, but Fargo built the Fargo Dome the right way. Fantastic facility.

Seriously, I played there about 15 years ago in high school..... that facility is not impressive (that was before the new roof was added though). As I walked in the first thing one of my buddies said was "What a dump, I would rather be playing on our field". I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who thinks the dakota dome is a terrible facility. A scoreboard doesn't change that. Neither does getting a state bail out to pay for a collapsing roof.

Don't worry though Mlpsbison, Tom Douple today said that USD and UND are in the mid-con, everybody has agreed on it. The new name is going to be "NCC" and there is going to be a huge party for everybody that refused to let go of the past, so I'm sure you'll be invited.

Will UND and USD partner up as NDSU and SDSU did or will they be separate?

UND still seems IMHO, to be playing that they are going D1 alone.

Unless aff links us to the Mid Con.

I still want UND in the BSC. :glare:

Besides USD seems to be leaning more torwards being like SCSU and Dartmouth when it

comes to the nickname so maybe they don't want to partner up. :huh:

I went down to Vermillion last year for the UND/USD game. The Dakotadome may not be the best football facility in the country but it is definately a pretty good one, especially considering it's age. If USD can get a new basketball arena, permanent seating would most likely replace the portable bleacher seating on the west side that is currently pulled out for basketball. And USD is currently remodeling a building on campus to be used as a student rec center. With this happening, capacity could be increased and create more room for football operations.

If UND had the Dakotadome sitting on campus, I wouldn't complain too much.

Will UND and USD partner up as NDSU and SDSU did or will they be separate?

For what it is worth, I listened online to one of the SD radio stations this afternoon after the announcement was made, and USD's A.D. Joel Neilson said that "I think you can expect USD and UND to be joined at the hip for the next several years".

UND still seems IMHO, to be playing that they are going D1 alone.

At the very least, It will be nice to have a recognizable regional school that we have long history with to guarantee a few games before we find a conference home.

I still want UND in the BSC. :D

Me too.

Besides USD seems to be leaning more torwards being like SCSU and Dartmouth when it

comes to the nickname so maybe they don't want to partner up. :huh:

Please elaborate. :glare:

For what it is worth, I listened online to one of the SD radio stations this afternoon after the announcement was made, and USD's A.D. Joel Neilson said that "I think you can expect USD and UND to be joined at the hip for the next several years".

At the very least, It will be nice to have a recognizable regional school that we have long history with to guarantee a few games before we find a conference home.

Me too.

Please elaborate. :glare:

Are they not the one's who decided the "Sitting Bull Trophy" would no longer be played for? :D

I would ask PCM but he's probably typing what was said on the coaches show on another thread... ;)

My memory seems rather fuzzy on this one but I believe their student paper had an article about our nickname debate last year before we played down there. If I recall correctly it had mostly statements by faculty, etc. saying they didn't agree with UND's use of the nickname and logo. But like I said, my memory is rather fuzzy on this and I don't quite remember all of the details.

Official Release - www.usdcoyotes.com

A small correction...as of 19NOV2006 the NCAA changed DI-AA to DI Football Championship Subdivision...someone forgot to tell President Abbott.

Original

The University of South Dakota President James W. Abbott announced today that via letter last week he formally requested Regental permission to begin the process of moving its athletic programs to National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I-AA for football and Division I for all other sports.

Corrected

The University of South Dakota President James W. Abbott announced today that via letter last week he formally requested Regental permission to begin the process of moving its athletic programs to National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Championship Subdivision for football and Division I for all other sports.

Don't worry though Mlpsbison, Tom Douple today said that USD and UND are in the mid-con, everybody has agreed on it. The new name is going to be "NCC" and there is going to be a huge party for everybody that refused to let go of the past, so I'm sure you'll be invited.

NDSU, UND, SDSU, and USD have never = the NCC.

So this part of your post is very odd. I don't get it.

First request, can we end this thread and get our own. Augie isn't going anywhere and we are moving on up.

A few statements in response to some of what I have read here.

I think we may be joined at the hip in this deal. Our AD's talk, they are most surely forming a coalition to help each other through the transition to D1.

The Dakota Dome is a nice football facility, compared to the Fargo Dome or Alerus (never been there but I'll take your word) maybe not as nice, but still more than adequate. Oh yeah, and we OWN our building as well, not the city. All will admit we need a new basketball (and Hockey!!!) venue.

Most Yote fans are in agreement that you should be able to keep the Sioux name. Instead of putting all that money up for the building, Ralph should have just wrote a check straight to the NC$$ and paid them off. Works for Florida State. From down here, I would say to just give up, it's not even about the name for the NC$$ anymore, it's about them being the bully and getting there way. Conform or suffer the consequences. They will never let this go. You should all just come up with another cool name and start a new tradition. I have a few suggestions, but don't want to get banned by the PC police.

Finally, me and the Chief (Sitting Bull) were kicking back having a few beers after we ripped that trophy from you back in '95 (35-0, boy did we party after that). He wasn't upset at all about the whole traveling trophy thing. I don't know who got rid of him, Iheard he is now residing in GF. We wish we could bring him back too, however, I think our two Flagship Institutions should come up with something else, based in our history. It won't be phony, like the "Dakota Marker" that the land grants have, because we have an actual history of a rivalry.

A small correction...as of 19NOV2006 the NCAA changed DI-AA to DI Football Championship Subdivision...someone forgot to tell President Abbott.

Original

Corrected

Well I'm sorry if Vermillion doesn't have all the fancy shmansy luxuries that you northerners do like cable tv and the internet. We just try to turn out the best barristers and healers this side of the territory without them!

Well I'm sorry if Vermillion doesn't have all the fancy shmansy luxuries that you northerners do like cable tv and the internet. We just try to turn out the best barristers and healers this side of the territory without them!

A small correction...

Original

Corrected

Well I'm sorry if Vermillion doesn't have all the fancy shmancy luxuries that you northerners do like cable tv and the internet. We just try to turn out the best barristers and healers this side of the territory without them!

:lol: