SiouxSports.com Forum

You guys proved yourselves.

TheBisonator

Thanks for the applause! Our guys proved that hard work, a positive outlook, skill and great coaching equals a great win. Unlike some SS.com posters who just prayed the game wasn't a rout, our team went out with a different agenda; to win the game, not to lose it 'respectfully'.

Congratulations Coach Lennon and team!!! Wooooo Whoooooo......

Damn, I wish I had been there!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because you're stuck in the 80's? be classy and say thank you to the bison fans who werent here talking smack.

What??? No. DaveK? Stuck in the 80's? No.

I'm certain it was mentioned elsewhere but how much was UND paid to go down to Cedar Falls to take their whoopin'? :D

I don't understand the hatred towards NDSU fans by some people. I hate NDSU and love to see them lose as often as possible, but when they beat Montana I was happy for them. Some people take the UND-NDSU rivalry way too seriously. I called my huge NDSU fan uncle up last night to gave him crap and we talked about this exact same thing. It's one thing to give good natured ribbing and smack talk, it's another thing to be bitter and mean-spirited about it. It's just a game.

What??? No. DaveK? Stuck in the 80's? No.

I'm certain it was mentioned elsewhere but how much was UND paid to go down to Cedar Falls to take their whoopin'? :D

I don't understand the hatred towards NDSU fans by some people. I hate NDSU and love to see them lose as often as possible, but when they beat Montana I was happy for them. Some people take the UND-NDSU rivalry way too seriously. I called my huge NDSU fan uncle up last night to gave him crap and we talked about this exact same thing. It's one thing to give good natured ribbing and smack talk, it's another thing to be bitter and mean-spirited about it. It's just a game.

Exactly.

And one thing about the NDSU vs. Minnesota thing:

You heard it here folks. I hope NDSU humiliates Minnesota. Anything to get the type of publicity Mason deserves. NDSU can still be a top tier D-IAA power. Minnesota, under Mason, will never be anything better than mediocre. NDSU's defeat of Minnesota would be ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS. Soon thereafter, UND should play the Gophers so that, when an outgoing DII program beats them, MAYBE the UMN admin will wake up and do the right thing: Fire Mason.

Exactly.

And one thing about the NDSU vs. Minnesota thing:

You heard it here folks. I hope NDSU humiliates Minnesota. Anything to get the type of publicity Mason deserves. NDSU can still be a top tier D-IAA power. Minnesota, under Mason, will never be anything better than mediocre. NDSU's defeat of Minnesota would be ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS. Soon thereafter, UND should play the Gophers so that, when an outgoing DII program beats them, MAYBE the UMN admin will wake up and do the right thing: Fire Mason.

I couldn't agree more. But I would put the crosshairs on Maturi on this one. He's not a good AD. Mason's not even his guy....Dienhart hired Mason...but Maturi didn't have the cahones to call Mason's bluff on the contract renewal...what a joke. I have a gut feeling that the Bison have a legitimate shot. And if the Gophers lay a thumping on them, then so be it. As a Sioux fan...it's really a win-win scenario. :D

Another reason to root for NDSU against UMTC is that if the Bison pull the upset Sid Hartman may have a heart attack and die. (Not saying I wish for his death but if it happens it happens.) :D

Nah. If the Bison win, Grandpa Sports will write an article saying that NDSU has an unfair advantage over the Gophers because they are I-AA. Kinda like how UND, SCSU, tUMD have an unfair advantage over the Gophers in hockey because they are DII.

Congrats to the Sioux on the big win! I have to admit I depise UND, but I give credit where credit is due. After reading through the info, here are my thoughts:

1. DaveK may have brain damage, but I admire his hatred for NDSU. THAT is what the rivalry is all about!

2. I have never been one to say UND would get killed against any I-AA opponent. But what Sioux fans have to remember is that your brain dead president and old AD put you in this position to take the abuse even if not fair. You even had a chance to keep playing NDSU to show you are as good and UND said no!

3. I need every Sioux fan to keep putting on the pressure to get the game resumed. Nothing is more special to me in sports than when thsoe two teams play each other. If you promise to keep pushing UND, I will keep pushing NDSU. NDSU is still pretty miffed with the way they were treated when they led the way to D1, but I refuse to stoop to Kup or RT's level. You now are blessed to have such a class act AD.

4. Remember you will need to come to Fargo for the first game. Accept it and lets get it on! Then, get into the GreatWest so NDSU actually has to come up to that tin can you call a football field.

As an aside, I was at NDSU's so called rivalry game with SDSU game last year. On a sad note, I felt like the current students were confused as they had started understanding it is really just a made up rivalry, but on a positive note, they are learning to hate UND from us old folks. Please keep teaching UND students to hate NDSU and we can keep this tremendous rivalry going!

Again, great work and let's start playing for the nickel again!

THEsocalledfan--I promose to be at the first meeting!!! :D

Another reason to root for NDSU against UMTC is that if the Bison pull the upset Sid Hartman may have a heart attack and die. (Not saying I wish for his death but if it happens it happens.) :D

Sid Hartman has been dead for years. He is just a soothsayer and was able to predict all his "friends" doing what they do. By the way what did he ever say about the Fred Smoot incident?

Nice Game Sioux! Like NDSU showed in 2003, you've demonstrated in 2006.

Do everybody a favor, and mop up the NCC this year, and bring a D-II championship back to Grand Forks. BTW, this type of accomplishment also occurred in the 80's, by another Great West team, Cal Poly.

Cal Poly (then D-II), beat the National Champ D-IAA (either Idaho or Boise St.), then went on to win the D-II title.

The Great West members hope that you want to join the toughest conference out west.

Think the Jacks won't benefit from your treatment of the Panthers! :D

The Gopher football team didn't beat the Sioux 12 consecutive years and run the score up every time they were in a position to. Granted, the current Bison players have nothing to do with what happened back in those days, but they're still guilty by association. I have two favorite teams... the Sioux and whoever is playing against the Bison. To think that any Sioux fan would ever cheer for the Bison under any circumstances makes me ill. Sorry if that offends anybody, but that's just the honest truth.

To me it's more of a state pride thing.

The Gopher football team didn't beat the Sioux 12 consecutive years and run the score up every time they were in a position to. Granted, the current Bison players have nothing to do with what happened back in those days, but they're still guilty by association. I have two favorite teams... the Sioux and whoever is playing against the Bison. To think that any Sioux fan would ever cheer for the Bison under any circumstances makes me ill. Sorry if that offends anybody, but that's just the honest truth.

It makes me ill to think about cheering on the Gophers in any sport.

My brother went to NDSU- and as the final buzzer sounded yesterday, my phone rang and it was him calling to tell me how excited he was that the Sioux had won yesterday.

Thanks RR!!! Nice to see a Jack's fan posting positive things about UND right aff?? :D

I see aff up here, but no clue who he is, at www.SDSUFans.com

I try diligently to be the same person (RR) at any sports board.

Again Great game vs UNI. Do well with the rest of the games.

BTW, 89rabbit and aff ARE NOT the same person.

I see aff up here, but no clue who he is, at www.SDSUFans.com

I try diligently to be the same person (RR) at any sports board.

Again Great game vs UNI. Do well with the rest of the games.

BTW, 89rabbit and aff ARE NOT the same person.

I think that things got more difficult for SDSU for this weekend, not that it would have been easy to begin with. UNI will be looking for revenge on Family Day and unfortunately, SDSU will be the target.

I watched part of the webcast yesterday of the SDSU/Montana game and really questioned the call to kick a 60 yard field goal before halftime. The bunnies were lucky that Montana only scored a field goal after that questionable call. Good luck this weekend.

What do I think?

1. I think the gap from the top of DII to the top of DI-AA isn't as big as some would have us believe.

2. I think the Gophers laid a serious smack, on the road, on a MAC team earlier this season.

3. I think the Gophers will be reminded of Montana State over Colorado and New Hampshire over Northwestern many times in the week before that game v. NDSU.

4. I think UND will be reminded of Montana State's flop after beating Colorado many times this week.

5. I think NDSU had better worry about 230-ish pound defensive ends against 330-ish pound tackles for Northeastern. (Rocky would love nothing better than .... )

PS - I hear Northeastern runs a 3-4 defense.