SiouxSports.com Forum

Songs

yepdude

I found the a cappella versions of the different school songs. But does anyone have recordings from the band? If not I know I read couple seasons ago that someone was with the band. Please make some recordings and give them to the University to put on the net.

The "Royal Tenor-bums" gave me a headache and just didn't give you the game time feel.

You mock...

UND School Songs

Special thanks to the Pride of the North for sending these recordings and granting us permission to post them, so quickly.

Bummer. The link for the choral versions is no longer accurate. Thanks, though, for posting the Pride of the North versions. I've got them in Itunes and I can listen to Stand Up and Cheer any time I want.

What I really want is to have that be the ring tone on my phone.

Bummer. The link for the choral versions is no longer accurate.
I was in such a hurry to post the files the band sent me that of course I messed up the other link. Try again, should be fixed.

What I really want is to have that be the ring tone on my phone.
I have them as MIDI (.mid) files, which can be set as ring tones for my Sprint phone. If you have Sprint or know how to make a MIDI file a ring tone for your phone, I can point you to them. Those are the versions I actually keyed in from the sheet music like 10 years ago, so while accurate, sound like a piano rendition. If you search the hockey forum, people have also pointed out pay ring tone services in the past that have different versions (multi-instrument) that you may prefer, despite costing a few bucks.

I was in such a hurry to post the files the band sent me that of course I messed up the other link. Try again, should be fixed.

I have them as MIDI (.mid) files, which can be set as ring tones for my Sprint phone. If you have Sprint or know how to make a MIDI file a ring tone for your phone, I can point you to them. Those are the versions I actually keyed in from the sheet music like 10 years ago, so while accurate, sound like a piano rendition. If you search the hockey forum, people have also pointed out pay ring tone services in the past that have different versions (multi-instrument) that you may prefer, despite costing a few bucks.

When I have a little time I will look into this. Thanks!

BTW, dont diss those a capella recordings. i was part of that group singing. we did that because the band was way behind in making their recordings, and everyone was asking how to get the recordings online. it was an attempt to make everyone happy. of course, then the band came out with theirs, which is what everyone REALLY wants, and now ours are the !@#!$ ones. agreed, the band is what everyone wants to hear, but ours are the originals. ok, im done venting haha

BTW, dont diss those a capella recordings. i was part of that group singing. we did that because the band was way behind in making their recordings, and everyone was asking how to get the recordings online. it was an attempt to make everyone happy. of course, then the band came out with theirs, which is what everyone REALLY wants, and now ours are the !@#!$ ones. agreed, the band is what everyone wants to hear, but ours are the originals. ok, im done venting haha

Actually I downloaded the a capella ones months ago. I think they're great. I remember when the Varsity Bards sang the school songs at their concerts in the late 70's, early 80's and I loved it. So, finding these a capella versions was great. Although, I'm still getting used to the "Stand Up and Cheer" Uff-da version :silly:

So UNDinthe NHL, what year were your versions recorded?

As a former member of the band, I loved the Bards version. But then I have a soft spot for male singers and male groups. :silly:

The recordings i did were in 2004-2005. they may NOT be thew ones on there, not completely sure, now, but i know we did do some recordings. i was in the bards and concert choir my freshman year (04-05). of course, the ones on there could still be from way back when, in the 70s-80s, ya know, back when YA'LL were freshmen haha. it was fun singin those school songs, but, haha, yeha, alot of good it does us if everyone only cares about the band, haha.