SiouxSports.com Forum

Who will be Captain? Alternates?

julie795

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way that Porter and Fabian won't be our captain and alternate captain. They are our leaders on the ice and lead by example. They will do so again this year like they did last year. The second alternate captain could be a toss-up between a few guys I believe. Here's my choices:

C - Porter

A - Fabian

A - Bina/Oshie/Kaip

Captain: Bina or Fabian, both have been spoken about in regards to their leadership on and off the ice.

Alternates or Assistants: Porter, Kaip, or Radke. Porter, i think could surprise me and be Captian, but you don't hear too much about his leadership like Bina or Fabian. Kaip and Radke are both really respected on the team and I could see them as being selected.

I do think though that we could be shocked and see someone like Foyt, who you don't hear a lot about being selected. Though, he would have to play a little bit more than also.

Captain -- Porter -- Fabian would be just as good in this role, but last year every interview that had a reference to Porter's role as an assistant captain (whether being spoken by a teammate or a coach) was positively glowing. From this fan's perspective, how can they rationalize not giving him the 'C' this season unless he declines?

Assistant -- Fabian -- DUH. No need to explain this one.

Assistant -- Bina -- Ok, this slot will be a wild card because there really is no other clear cut upperclassmen leaders on this team. Yeah, I like Kaip and Radke, but seriously, they need to concentrate more on their roles as players (even though Radke was Captain of his junior A squad). I don't think Hakstol would put a sophomore as a captain even though Toews could definitely handle it. Yeah, I know the team votes on it, but I don't recall the last time a sophomore wore a letter for the Sioux. So, I selected Bina because he has overcome adversity and brings a "feel good" story to the lockerroom. Yeah, his on ice play pre-injury wasn't exactly unworthy either. ;)

I like our leadership this season.

• 3 weeks later...

I would think that Mr. Porter is a strong candidate to wear the "C". After that is only specualtion, perhaps Fabian, and Bina wear "A's". Again just a guess. A side note, and this may have been posted elsewhere, but Porter won the annual Ironman for the third (that's right folks) third year in a row. That speaks volumes to the kind of dedication he has for being in the best shape he can be. Congrat's on that Chris.

I would think that Mr. Porter is a strong candidate to wear the "C". After that is only specualtion, perhaps Fabian, and Bina wear "A's". Again just a guess. A side note, and this may have been posted elsewhere, but Porter won the annual Ironman for the third (that's right folks) third year in a row. That speaks volumes to the kind of dedication he has for being in the best shape he can be. Congrat's on that Chris.

WOW!!! Great hockey player, role model, leader, good looking and IRONMAN times three years in a row!!! Yep, he is definitely Captain material.

Good lord, that is damn hott.