SiouxSports.com Forum

Stanley Cup To Grand Forks?

Let'sGoHawks!

This summer, the Stanley Cup will again log thousands of miles. As plans are being finalized, it appears the Cup will travel to three Canadian provinces (British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario), seven states (North Carolina, North Dakota, Michigan, Maine, Missouri, New York and Minnesota) as well as to the Czech Republic, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland and the Ukraine.

This is from NHL.com at this link:

LINK

This summer, the Stanley Cup will again log thousands of miles. As plans are being finalized, it appears the Cup will travel to three Canadian provinces (British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario), seven states (North Carolina, North Dakota, Michigan, Maine, Missouri, New York and Minnesota) as well as to the Czech Republic, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland and the Ukraine.

This is from NHL.com at this link:

LINK

Maybe it is Commie. More likely it will be Cullen.

brindamour_scj06_01_194x275.jpg

Check out BrindAmour, that dude is in awesome shape.

When he was a Flyer Brindy always showed up to camp in the most fit of any player. He always won the training runs. I doubt his training has changed any since going to Carolina.

Paint him green and it's "Hulk mad! Hulk throw Stanley Cup!"

leave it to a former SPUD (who couldn't win a Minnesota State Championship - btw:-)) to bring the cup to Fargo where there is NO APPRECIATION (from what I'm gathered from "southern" posters on this board) for a "minor' sport like hockey....

Hopefully - Fargoians will take the opportunity to have fun...take a picture or two...and generally revel in having the Stanley Cup in their town....but I'm guessing there won't be much interest and if there isn't....*UCK YOU!!! We'll wait till Commodore brings it to GF and we'll HAVE A BLAST!!!!! (that's what you guys are missing in the whole hockey/no hockey debate......FUN!!)

leave it to a former SPUD (who couldn't win a Minnesota State Championship - btw:-)) to bring the cup to Fargo where there is NO APPRECIATION (from what I'm gathered from "southern" posters on this board) for a "minor' sport like hockey....

Hopefully - Fargoians will take the opportunity to have fun...take a picture or two...and generally revel in having the Stanley Cup in their town....but I'm guessing there won't be much interest and if there isn't....*UCK YOU!!! We'll wait till Commodore brings it to GF and we'll HAVE A BLAST!!!!! (that's what you guys are missing in the whole hockey/no hockey debate......FUN!!)

Uh... I quite disagree with this statement.

Moorhead is quite a hockey town. I would venture to make the argument that the Moorhead High hockey team is more popular than any other sport on campus.

Cullen isn't bringing the cup for Fargoans per se. He's bringing the CUp to town for his charity event he holds. It just so happens that the event is held in Fargo, not Moorhead. Trust me, the event in the F-M area will be VERY well attended.

Um SiouxMeNow, get down off your high horse. Fargo-Moorhead is supportive of hockey, especially of youth. I think the annual Squirt tourney here is the nation's largest, with teams traveling from both coasts to play. And this is not the Stanley Cup's first visit to the city. It was here two or three years ago IIRC. A couple little buddies of mine got their pictures taken with the Cup, but they were careful not to touch it! They didn't want to jinx themselves! :D

Um SiouxMeNow, get down off your high horse. Fargo-Moorhead is supportive of hockey, especially of youth. I think the annual Squirt tourney here is the nation's largest, with teams traveling from both coasts to play. And this is not the Stanley Cup's first visit to the city. It was here two or three years ago IIRC. A couple little buddies of mine got their pictures taken with the Cup, but they were careful not to touch it! They didn't want to jinx themselves! :D

Forgot about the squirt tourney.

Let's also not forget other youth hockey venues. I mean, the Fargo Flyers are quite popular. Youth hockey camps in town and in Grand Forks are well attended by F-M kids.

Fargo South's hockey program is pretty decent. Shanley, West Fargo, and Fargo North's programs aren't that poorly attended either.

Don't let NDSU fans confuse you. There are numbers of F-M residents who many not follow hockey beyond the high school level, sure, but to say that F-M residents don't know hockey is a misnomer for sure.

Uh... I quite disagree with this statement.

Moorhead is quite a hockey town. I would venture to make the argument that the Moorhead High hockey team is more popular than any other sport on campus.

On Moorhead High's campus? Yes, it definitely is.

Or at least was when I was in school.

When he was a Flyer Brindy always showed up to camp in the most fit of any player. He always won the training runs. I doubt his training has changed any since going to Carolina.

Yeah, chick Flyers fans called him "Rod the Bod." Eric Lindros is not the only one to have a Rink Bunny Posse.

Male Flyers fans called him "Hands of Stone." Or, cement....whichever.