SiouxSports.com Forum

Congratulations Jonathan!

DamStrait

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just kind of weird to me. Vanek seemed to have a lot more pout/temper issues than Kessel has displayed, but I don't ever remember hearing anything negative about his attitude before the draft. Of course he might have just been rolling on cloud 9 during his interviews as well.

If by attitude they mean Kessel's unwillingness to hit or go places where he will be hit, then I'd buy it completely. This to me is what really separates Toews and Kessel.

I don't remember Vanek pouting or losing his temper, but then again, I didn't pay much attention to him off the ice. I remember him being a one-way player, doing circles around the blue line waiting for the defense to get him the puck (similar to Bochenski prior to Parise's arrival). However, Vanek did (and still does) rise for the big game, and makes his team that much better.

To stay on topic, I would agree that there is a big difference between the willingness between Toews and Kessel of wanting to play the puck on the boards, or by the big defensemen.

If by attitude they mean Kessel's unwillingness to hit or go places where he will be hit, then I'd buy it completely. This to me is what really separates Toews and Kessel.

I think this is what THN was talking about, sagard. And I also believe the fact that Toews does go into the corners and both take and dish hits, is why JT is, and will continue to be a better all-around player.

Oh, and yeah, MM, nice going on the Daigle reference. You, sir, are a great hockey mind. :lol:

I was at the Wisconsin game and I do agree the cupping his ear was maybe not called for but with all the crap the Wisconsin fans were giving him they deserved it. At the bar after the game some Wisconsin fans even said we deserved it.

I didn't have any problem with the cupping the ear, the fans were giving him crap and PK just happened to give it back to them.

I don't remember Vanek pouting or losing his temper, but then again, I didn't pay much attention to him off the ice.

I remember the sweep when the Sioux played the Goofers in the REA and Vanek had been checked by Prpich the whole series and I do remember him banging his stick on the ice in frustration because Vanek was generating no offense at all. I also do remember him getting frustrated and taking stupid penatlies from time to time.

I remember the sweep when the Sioux played the Goofers in the REA and Vanek had been checked by Prpich the whole series and I do remember him banging his stick on the ice in frustration because Vanek was generating no offense at all. I also do remember him getting frustrated and taking stupid penatlies from time to time.

Ah, sweet memories!! :lol:

http://siouxsports.com/forums/lofiversion/....php/t1470.html

Sure it would be nice if everything stayed on topic, but you seem to have created the same off-topic discussion that you despise. Seems to me that all the people out there looking for Jonathan Toews info now have more off-topic clutter to sift through. It is what I have come to expect on every message board, this one is no different.

No kidding. Thank you tnt. Hey THETRIOUXPER and Sioux ha-bit: Why don't you two go start a PK/Vanek website somewhere far away so the rest of us can focus on relevant Sioux-related posts that incorporate thought and/or wit. Take all your weak-posting hillbillie buddies with you.

No kidding. Thank you tnt. Hey THETRIOUXPER and Sioux ha-bit: Why don't you two go start a PK/Vanek website somewhere far away so the rest of us can focus on relevant Sioux-related posts that incorporate thought and/or wit. Take all your weak-posting hillbillie buddies with you.

You would be very suprised to know who some of my "hillbillie buddies" actually are. That's the only response you'll get out of me, cause if I say what I really want to I'll be banned like you are soon going to be. Have a great day :lol:

You would be very suprised to know who some of my "hillbillie buddies" actually are. That's the only response you'll get out of me, cause if I say what I really want to I'll be banned like you are soon going to be. Have a great day :lol:

Do they hold private birthday parties and collect vintage Mercedes from the late 1930's?

Do they hold private birthday parties and collect vintage Mercedes from the late 1930's?

Ok, what exactly does this have to do with Toews and the draft. Like someone tried to point out to you yesterday, you complain about people getting "off topic" yet almost every post of yours is always going off in some skewed direction. Quit being part of the problem.

Ok, what exactly does this have to do with Toews and the draft. Like someone tried to point out to you yesterday, you complain about people getting "off topic" yet almost every post of yours is always going off in some skewed direction. Quit being part of the problem.

And now we have come full circle. Thank you for reiterating my point in the first place.

Can't we all just get along .... Rodney King.

Who cares about Phil Kessel ... and all the other UofM products. They showed the true colors of maroon and gold at the Final Five and Western Regionals.

UND could care less about the then, upcoming draft and such. UND is in the business to win National Championships and to bring in the top players in North America.

UofM took Kessel I'm sure because they thought he could be the link to bring in a NCAA title. He proved his worth in the World Jr.'s and now 3-game losing skid at the end of the year. It's not how you start it's how you finish as to what people form an opinion.

I watched PK in Lake Placid, Vancouver and throughout the season on FOX North. Is he a good player. Yes. If you're looking for a player who is self-centered on the ice. Look to see his 34 assists and I bet 25 are off his hogging the puck and shooting and someone knocks it home backdoor. How many tap in assists did he dish out.

And what I remember about Vanek is primarily the same type of player.

Not here to bash UofM but will tell you it's the best "TEAM" that wins and not the best players.

I'm a hillbillie.

Can't we all just get along .... Rodney King.

Who cares about Phil Kessel ... and all the other UofM products. They showed the true colors of maroon and gold at the Final Five and Western Regionals.

UND could care less about the then, upcoming draft and such. UND is in the business to win National Championships and to bring in the top players in North America.

UofM took Kessel I'm sure because they thought he could be the link to bring in a NCAA title. He proved his worth in the World Jr.'s and now 3-game losing skid at the end of the year. It's not how you start it's how you finish as to what people form an opinion.

I watched PK in Lake Placid, Vancouver and throughout the season on FOX North. Is he a good player. Yes. If you're looking for a player who is self-centered on the ice. Look to see his 34 assists and I bet 25 are off his hogging the puck and shooting and someone knocks it home backdoor. How many tap in assists did he dish out.

And what I remember about Vanek is primarily the same type of player.

Not here to bash UofM but will tell you it's the best "TEAM" that wins and not the best players.

I'm a hillbillie.

Not here to bash the Sioux, but before thumping your chest too loudly while screaming "TEAM" you may check to see which "TEAM" other then the Denver Pioneers has won two Nat'l Championships since the Sioux won their last one. Yes, they did lose to Holy Cross this year though. :lol:

My buddies, may seem like hillbillies to a mint julep sipping twinkie like yourself; however, I recently had a peek at your teams fan site and weak would be a very generous description for it. :lol: