SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Draft!

southpaw

How long do you think it will take before the recruits let us know if they're going pro right away or will go back to school or where ever they come from for another year or more?

I'm guessing some teams will have them go through training camp, and then determine where they want them to play.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize this is a little premature (only 19 picks made as I post this) but all the talk of a big crop of college players being drafter early doesn't seem to have come to pass. A little surprising to me.

new jersey on the clock... hopefully forney goes #25 and makes him the 4th UND player taken in the 1st round by NJ since 2000.

heard this stat today: NJ has drafted 3 UND players since '00 and three non -UND players in the 1st round. Parise and Hale have already played full-time NHL and Zajac will be in a year or so. The other three draft picks? They've played less than 15 combined NHL games.

edit: nj trades 25th to Blues for 30th and 77th? hopefully forney goes to nj at 30!

Forney did not go in the first round as NJ picked an OHL D-man.

Please bear with me as I blow my own horn. This time last year I stated that UND was getting the better prospect in Toews and you can review any old thread you would prefer on the subject. When it comes to a draft 3 is > 5. Thank you very much.

I noticed that the dependable Vancouver jerks booed absolutely everything except Ovechkin. Go figure.

When asked who they believe will get signed immediately from this draft the TSN Announcers only indicated two players, Eric Johnsson and Nicklas Backstrom.

NHL Central Scouting correctly picked four of the top five in order of pick. The only one they got wrong was picking Brassard to go forth. I didn't see Backstrom listed anywhere?!

He was at the top of the European list so perhaps you were looking at their North American list only.