SiouxSports.com Forum

Agraria

jimdahl

Not quite the Sioux Truck Stop menu is it?! :D

Seems not:

Washington Post's Going Out Gurus

Starters include a thinly sliced beef carpaccio with truffle oil under fresh greens and shaved cheese, a charcuterie plate, lump crab and avocado mash, and mussels in a white wine jalapeno broth. Entrees include three pastas, two sandwiches and a hangar steak. My pasta, though well cooked, was a sadly bland rendition of the promised spicy arrabiata, but the steak was juicy and its accompanying fries were crispy and well-seasoned. The dessert menu showcases delicious seasonal fruit (think strawberries and rhubarb).

Ahhh... memories of North Dakota.

Kona blend!! :D No way, I have the real stuff, Kona coffee beans fron the Big Island!

That's my preference, but it's too hard on the wallet. Besides, I know where The Sicatoka gets his Kona. I think you'd approve. :D

No cream in the coffee. Community Coffee New Orleans Blend with chicory. That's a hearty cup of coffee.

That coffee should be regulated by the FDA, it's addicting!! When I had my first cup in NO, I forced it down for politeness sake. That's all it took! I HAD to have it several times daily after that. I've made it at home but it's just not the same. :D

That coffee should be regulated by the FDA, it's addicting!! When I had my first cup in NO, I forced it down for politeness sake. That's all it took! I HAD to have it several times daily after that. I've made it at home but it's just not the same. :D

It is indeed addictive. I have to drink Folgers at work (company provided and approved by the masses), but nights and weekends it's Community.

Thanks for the link. Mr. Siouxmama and I were in Hawaii this winter, and now thats the only coffe he will drink, other than his morning Frappachino. We are getting low on Kona, so now I can re-order. Would rather go there personally to get it, but this is more cost effective. :D

Someone you know has, oh, about ten pounds of the stuff. Freezes well and tastes just as good after the beans are defrosted. :D

Someone you know has, oh, about ten pounds of the stuff. Freezes well and tastes just as good after the beans are defrosted. :D

Maybe you can build a coffee bean conveyor belt right along side the yet-to-be-completed wine pipeline. :D

Thanks for the link. Mr. Siouxmama and I were in Hawaii this winter, and now thats the only coffe he will drink, other than his morning Frappachino. We are getting low on Kona, so now I can re-order. Would rather go there personally to get it, but this is more cost effective. :D

In my opinion, Kona java is overrated... certainly not worth the $18 or so per pound. Coffee is an acquired taste, so I certainly appreciate those who enjoy the bean. When I lived in Hawaii I preferred Kauai Coffee. I toured the plantation a few years back... would do it again in a heartbeat. We serve up Peace in our coffee/bicycle shop in Minneapolis. Pretty good as well.

In my opinion, Kona java is overrated... certainly not worth the $18 or so per pound. Coffee is an acquired taste, so I certainly appreciate those who enjoy the bean. When I lived in Hawaii I preferred Kauai Coffee. I toured the plantation a few years back... would do it again in a heartbeat. We serve up Peace in our coffee/bicycle shop in Minneapolis. Pretty good as well.

I'll have to try the Peace coffee. I haven't tried Kauai coffee but I do like my Kona coffee. I get mine from the Kona Historical Society. We toured their 'plantation' and liked the coffee and the volunteers. The coffee doesn't have a great deal of caffeine and that may be why it's not acidic. I will definitely try the Kauai coffee next.