SiouxSports.com Forum

Season Tickets

cjsol

Let's say you're a Diamond member.

Last year --

Membership: $11000

6 at full: $2130

6 at reduced: $1600 (rounded to nearest $10)

Total: $14730

This year --

Membership: $11000

Total: $15260

That's an increase of $530, or 3.6%. I'm not a Diamond member; I can't speak for them; but, in that scale, is that that big of a deal?

Let's look at Coaches (who I think take the bigger hit):

Last year --

Membership: $1100

2 at full: $710

2 at reduced: $530 (rounded to nearest $10)

Total: $2340

This year --

Membership: $1100

Total: $2520

That's an increase of just $180, but 7.7% for Coaches members.

Another scenario:

If last year's posted "$355" for a ticket would be $370 to $385 (4 to 8%), would that be as big of an issue?

I'm trying to understand the thoughts and emotions in this from all Sioux fans.

How many coaches club members give money every year. Alot of you'r coaches club members are year to year members. Rydel, hansen group,acme, just to name a few keep getting asked to give and give and give.Yes it might not hurt them to dish out the buck, but it could get to the point where they STOP.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back in advance to North Country. Glad to have you back. Enjoy going to games!

thanks, it will be nice being so close to most wcha arenas and being able to go to many more games and experiencing more wcha arenas including all games at the ralph. even though it was great flying to denver and cc for games being pretty close to az i will be seeing way more sioux hockey which is never a bad thing :)

They have to pay the bills.

I'm sure none of us are happy about ever-increasing costs, and that includes Tom Buning.

Whether he's personally happy or not wasn't the point of my post.

My point was the arrogance... "We're not increasing ticket costs" is only true to those who AREN'T receiving that letter -- it's tough to argue that taking away my $200 discount (or whatever it was) isn't "increasing my ticket cost." So he's telling me that someone else (those who weren't getting the discount) is being benefited by my paying more.

The extra slap in the face is the "growing demand" comment that says "we can charge whatever we want, there are plenty of people to take your place if you don't like it."

The impression is that fan loyalty and years of continued (and significant, in many cases,) donations and support are of no value to them.

Has any one received their season ticket information yet? Didn't we have to have this done by June 1st last year?

Also, any official word on next year's schedule...

Just received the package today.... Season ticket holders have until June 15th to respond...

I hate to say this, but go ahead...don't renew. The waiting list is still pretty deep to buy season tickets. Sorry, but it is what it is. :)

p.s. sorry to cross post, but DAR was sad that college hockey has turned into a business. We've come to expect a very, very high level of play by our young men wearing the Fighting Sioux sweater. It costs more and more money to recruit, train and educate these kids every day. Think of what Berry's gasoline bill is while he's driving from rink to rink to rink trying to find the next first round draft choice.

We can't expect to enjoy this same top level of play year after year if we aren't willing to pay the piper.

I have no problem paying the piper..But whose is the piper?

Over the last 5-6years (Since REA was DONATED) the tickets prices have TRIPLED, Our attendance has DOUBLED, Concessions have grown at least TEN FOLD....

But Our "Fighting Sioux Club" priviledges have diminished From INCREASED base donation 4 years ago Coaches Club $1000...Now soon to go over $1100....2 Full/2 Half Price then..2/ 1/3 Off....then 2/ 1/4 Off...Now take it or leave it all four FULL PRICE...

REA also sells Suites for over 1 Million a Year, Plus Advertising Dollars (You can Not take a leak without someone saying this bathroom break brought to you by?:))

Our Hockey Team pays to Practice and Play at the REA...

Where has all the Money Gone?;)

5 Years ago at the OLD REA....Dean Blais and Denny Gunderson may have been the only two people with keys to the arena....Now REA may employee more staff then Simplot?

I'll Renew but could I at least this year get the Media Guides I was promised for the last 15 years???

In the past I've stated my displeasure with the Athletic Department changing the playing field a couple of years after the transition to the new arena. In other words, I would have taken advantage of being high on the totem pole as far as transition points to get to pick early on, had I known I would have to pay the extra Fighting Sioux Club bucks down the line anyways.

If they keep changing the requirements for the clubs, I hope they keep that in mind and don't put additional burden on people not expecting to join the club in the first place. After a few years to reflect on it, it doesn't make that big of impact on the budget, but it still strikes you in a negative way. I know that I just cut out my attendance at other sports, especially those games that I attended in the past solely to support the team when I knew a blowout was in order. I no longer shell out money to attend those games. When it is treated just like a business from the Athletic Department, the fans will follow suit in many cases. I realize the Athletic Department have to do what they have to do, but they should also realize the same of the fans, and that there are only so many entertainment dollars that can go around, especially with the addition of women's hockey, nevermind the time constraints.

I will always attend all of the hockey games, but a season ticket looks less appealing with no Minnesota series at home. Wish the Athletic Department could find a way to work with the WCHA to change that. That is the only series that they make money on standing room tickets.

I guess the bottom line is that if we don't buy season hockey tickets someone else will. Hopefully that will always be the case, but you can see it wasn't true of men's basketball when they have struggled.

I am wondering if anyone ever thought that it might not be REA to blame for the new round of Season ticket

prices? The letter is from Bunning and the donation goes to Foundation not REA and the athletic department is in the hole so the cuts may be going to UND Athletics and not REA. It's just a thought. Because if you read the letter it was one of the hardest decissions they had to make (ya right) doing these adjustments. It is just my opinion but I think that this round is UND Athletics not REA. I believe some of it has been REA but maybe just not this time.

Speaking of renewing hockey tickets - has anyone heard any more about any reseating plans? Before I shell out the kind of cash it takes for decent season tickets, I'd like to know where I'm sitting. What's going on with the plans to move the students?

I am wondering if anyone ever thought that it might not be REA to blame for the new round of Season ticket

prices? The letter is from Bunning and the donation goes to Foundation not REA and the athletic department is in the hole so the cuts may be going to UND Athletics and not REA. It's just a thought. Because if you read the letter it was one of the hardest decissions they had to make (ya right) doing these adjustments. It is just my opinion but I think that this round is UND Athletics not REA. I believe some of it has been REA but maybe just not this time.

My Question would be simple then.....Why has UND Athletics been consistently in the RED since we moved into The DONATED REA.

Just a Thought....WHY?

Speaking of renewing hockey tickets - has anyone heard any more about any reseating plans? Before I shell out the kind of cash it takes for decent season tickets, I'd like to know where I'm sitting. What's going on with the plans to move the students?

The plan for student tickets isn't offical yet. However, I have heard that the students will not be moving and that they will remain where they have been.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Doubt anyone can help, but is there anyone else who was on the waiting list and was supposed to get tickets this year? I haven't heard anything else from REA since they called me in May. I want to make sure I didn't get missed or something. Thanks.

Doubt anyone can help, but is there anyone else who was on the waiting list and was supposed to get tickets this year? I haven't heard anything else from REA since they called me in May. I want to make sure I didn't get missed or something. Thanks.

Don't know if they'll know about the waiting list but maybe they can direct you to someone who does.

For NEW orders of SEASON hockey tickets, call: 77-SIOUX today!

http://www.fightingsioux.com/info/ticket/hockey.asp

I got the same call in May as did some other people I know. None of us have heard anything yet, so you haven't missed the call.

I got the same call in May as did some other people I know. None of us have heard anything yet, so you haven't missed the call.

OK. Just wanted to make sure as my current number is different then the number they had on file and you never know with REA. Everytime and I mean everytime it comes to me buying hockey tickets there, I get screwed. :angry: Thanks.

I thought I was in the clear for the Regionals and the streak would be broken. But nope! I was one of the lucky few who's ticket didn't scan. My dad's ticket, which was bought at the same time, for the seat next to mine did work. REA hates me!! ;)

I hope I don't end up like Poe and die in a drunken penniless stupor in the gutter, cause that would suck.

You've already hit four out of five. As long as you don't die, you have nothing to worry about. :angry: