SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford invited to USA Men's National Team

siouxperstar

Neighbors who attended the Sioux-Per Gala last Sat., heard Drew's announcement (& saw a poster congratulating him) during an interview there that he's been invited to partake in the World Championships in Latvia May 5-21 as part of Team USA. Mike Eaves will be the coach--Eaves coached Drew on the Gold Medal team that won the 2004 World Jr.'s as you may recall---bring back the gold Drew!! :)

Neighbors who attended the Sioux-Per Gala last Sat., heard Drew's announcement (& saw a poster congratulating him) during an interview there that he's been invited to partake in the World Championships in Latvia May 5-21 as part of Team USA. Mike Eaves will be the coach--Eaves coached Drew on the Gold Medal team that won the 2004 World Jr.'s as you may recall---bring back the gold Drew!! :)

Go Drew!! Have a blast bud!

I wouldn't take him missing finals as meaning anything as I would assume he plans on taking them before he leaves. Why else would he still be in school right now? He's not going to go to class all the way until finals week and then quit. If he was going to quit, he'd have already.

I wouldn't take him missing finals as meaning anything as I would assume he plans on taking them before he leaves. Why else would he still be in school right now? He's not going to go to class all the way until finals week and then quit. If he was going to quit, he'd have already.

Ditto, this is one smart kid!! I could see him taking finals early and ace-ing them.

I had a small class with Drew last fall. As far as his classes are concerned, the guy is smart. He knows his stuff. There is no way he would not take them early. And he will still do them very well. Drew is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I am glad that he hasnt gone to the NHL yet, as he would be a great cadidate for Captain next year. Congrats Drew, on your naming to the team. And hopefully you will be back next year. Thanks for the chance to meet and talk with such a standup guy. It will be nice to see ya on the ice in the future and say: "I had class with that guy, and have talked with him. He deserves to be out there as much as anyone else does"