SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

AZSIOUX

Good choice. After watching this final series, I will think of the games in Edmonton when both of the Anthems were sung. Such passion from the crowd went into singing those. I get the chills when I think of it. I noticed tonight that Carolina returned the favour to Edmonton, by singing along with O Canada.

The Anthems have definitly been great in this series, thats for sure. I love the crowd singing along. Oh how I love hockey games...

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Anthems have definitly been great in this series, thats for sure. I love the crowd singing along. Oh how I love hockey games...

Nice to see that the NHL appears to be back on its feet.

I have long maintained that there is good reason for The Ralph crowd to develop a tradition of belting the Anthem in form similar. Everything to gain. Nothing to lose. It would send chills up and down the spines, and let opposing fans and players alike know that it is indeed, the Home of the Sioux.

Singing the Anthem at top of the lungs would also, by default, get rid of that stupid and tired fan-ending of the Anthem.

Congrats to the 'Canes! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (Commodore). The way he's been going with the media, and taking a HUGE tablespoon of assumption, Commodore could end up wearing a letter in the NHL if he keeps it up on the ice and all.

It could happen.

Anyways, Commodore might bring it to Grand Forks, but even if he doesn't, the Cup WILL be coming to the Red River Valley as Matt Cullen is from Moorhead, MN so it will be coming to the F-M area eventually.

This is the picture I have been waiting to see since last night when the stupid tv ended coverage before they showed him.

You should have been watching on CBC instead of NBC. They had a lot of coverage of the postgame ceremonies, including an interview with Commodore and most of the rest of the Hurricanes team.

Congrats to the 'Canes! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (Commodore). The way he's been going with the media, and taking a HUGE tablespoon of assumption, Commodore could end up wearing a letter in the NHL if he keeps it up on the ice and all.

It could happen.

Anyways, Commodore might bring it to Grand Forks, but even if he doesn't, the Cup WILL be coming to the Red River Valley as Matt Cullen is from Moorhead, MN so it will be coming to the F-M area eventually.

Are you sure about Cullen? From what I have been reading, he is from Virginia, MN (not Moorhead). He simply came to Moorhead to play for the Spuds and have a chance of going to state. His hometown is listed as Virginia by the NHL. It will be interesting to see.

Are you sure about Cullen? From what I have been reading, he is from Virginia, MN (not Moorhead). He simply came to Moorhead to play for the Spuds and have a chance of going to state. His hometown is listed as Virginia by the NHL. It will be interesting to see.

Very sure. I've worked with his mother. She works at a local elementary school in Moorhead.

My nephew (Fargo South Bruin) was pulling for the Canes. He told me last night there is talk that Cullen said he'd bring it back to Moorhead to have a team pic (former high school team) with the cup. Wouldn't that include Brian Lee?

If it's a picture of the team Cullen played with, it wouldn't include Brian Lee. There's over 10 years age difference between those 2 guys.

KX4 announced last night that Cullen and his wife are hoping to get the cup and bring it to Fargo-Moorhead for their charity event the weekend of July 21st.

here is a pic i took from the parade in downtown raleigh. i was trying to get it up before anyone got the one from the network up, but i was too slow. but here it is. enjoy. oh, and if anyone wants, i can make a post of just pics from the parade. only with requests though will i do it.

n22223150_30788983_2747.jpg

here is a pic i took from the parade in downtown raleigh. i was trying to get it up before anyone got the one from the network up, but i was too slow. but here it is. enjoy. oh, and if anyone wants, i can make a post of just pics from the parade. only with requests though will i do it.

n22223150_30788983_2747.jpg

FANTASTIC!!! Please do make a thread of the parade pictutes. Those that want can go into it and those that don't won't. Thank you!!