SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

AZSIOUX

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No $hit!!! Those 'Canes were incredible. The Oilers, are the number 2 team in the NHL and I am NOT being sarcastic. They are that good!

I wish it lasted longer.

I agree with every thing stated. The Oilers just did not have the same depth that the 'Canes had but they beet out all other chalengers. Congrats to both teams. And yea, what a series! It was great! Boy, nights like this remind you of why you love hockey so much.

Side note: my 100th post on SiouxSports.

Me: Is it possible for you to turn one of your TV's to the hockey game?

ATLESPNSportsZone Waitress: Turn it to what?

Me: The college hockey game.

ATLESPNSportsZone Waitress: Who's playing?

Me: BC and the Sioux.

ATLESPNSportsZone Waitress: (Long Pause with Blank Stare)

Me: Can I speak to your manager?

Manager: I'm the manager. What game you trying to watch?

Me: College hockey. On EPSN2.

Manager: I dont think thats programmed to be on any of the TVs tonight.

Me: That's super. I just need you to turn one of these 50 TVs from the baskeball game to the hockey game.

Manager: I cant do that. Our headquarters controls which channnels are on each TV.

Me: What about that TV with figure skating or the one with weightlifting. Can you change those?

Manager: No. Sorry.

Me: You're an idiot.

Manager: Excuse me?

Me: I said I have to sneeze. We are done with this table. We're going to take our $200 and give it to the sports bar across the street.

I agree with every thing stated. The Oilers just did not have the same depth that the 'Canes had but they beet out all other chalengers. Congrats to both teams. And yea, what a series! It was great! Boy, nights like this remind you of why you love hockey so much.

Side note: my 100th post on SiouxSports.

Congratulations on hitting the big 'C'!!! I wish you many more, :silly:.

Me: Is it possible for you to turn one of your TV's to the hockey game?

ATLESPNSportsZone Waitress: Turn it to what?

Me: The college hockey game.

ATLESPNSportsZone Waitress: Who's playing?

Me: BC and the Sioux.

ATLESPNSportsZone Waitress: (Long Pause with Blank Stare)

Me: Can I speak to your manager?

Manager: I'm the manager. What game you trying to watch?

Me: College hockey. On EPSN2.

Manager: I dont think thats programmed to be on any of the TVs tonight.

Me: That's super. I just need you to turn one of these 50 TVs from the baskeball game to the hockey game.

Manager: I cant do that. Our headquarters controls which channnels are on each TV.

Me: What about that TV with figure skating or the one with weightlifting. Can you change those?

Manager: No. Sorry.

Me: You're an idiot.

Manager: Excuse me?

Me: I said I have to sneeze. We are done with this table. We're going to take our $200 and give it to the sports bar across the street.

Mr. Siouxmama and I went through the same thing in Las Vegas in 2001 (?) when the UND football team was playing for the national title in Alabama. Not even the Imperial Palace knew anything about the game. We ended up buying off sale and going back to our room to watch it.

Thanks everyone for the comments on reaching 100. Now, should I stick with the current name or change it to "ACF1" (like it is on SpeedTV's motorsports forum) or "ACF1-Sioux" (like it is on USCHO)?? Thanks for everything.

I'll probably leave it though. (its kind of cool plus it's generaly the longest log in name on the site)

Mr. Siouxmama and I went through the same thing in Las Vegas in 2001 (?) when the UND football team was playing for the national title in Alabama. Not even the Imperial Palace knew anything about the game. We ended up buying off sale and going back to our room to watch it.

Yea I know what you meen. We were at Sportsworld in Minot once and had to ask to get the hockey game on so we could watch it. They did put it on which was nice.

Thanks everyone for the comments on reaching 100. Now, should I stick with the current name or change it to "ACF1" (like it is on SpeedTV's motorsports forum) or "ACF1-Sioux" (like it is on USCHO)?? Thanks for everything.

I'll probably leave it though. (its kind of cool plus it's generaly the longest log in name on the site)

I like 'andtheHomeof theSioux'. It means something to all of us who have attended home games (and even some away games!). I have no clue what ACF1 is. :silly:

Yea I know what you meen. We were at Sportsworld in Minot once and had to ask to get the hockey game on so we could watch it. They did put it on which was nice.

If you think Siouxmama and Mr. Siouxmama took that off sale to their room to watch a football game in their room, in Vegas, without the kids, I've got a bridge for sale that you might be interested in!

I like 'andtheHomeof theSioux'. It means something to all of us who have attended home games (and even some away games!). I have no clue what ACF1 is. :silly:

ACF1: "AC" for America's Cup sailboat racing. F1: for Formula One auto racing.

I think I will leave it. Pretty much every time I hear the National Anthem I think of the Sioux.

If you think Siouxmama and Mr. Siouxmama took that off sale to their room to watch a football game in their room, in Vegas, without the kids, I've got a bridge for sale that you might be interested in!

Sorry Sioux-cia, I don't know what "off sale" meens. Guess I'm to young or something. If ya could clue me in that would be great, thanks.

I think I will leave it. Pretty much every time I hear the National Anthem I think of the Sioux.

You planning on sailing a boat or racing a Formula One car around the ice? Leave it as is. :lol:

Good choice. After watching this final series, I will think of the games in Edmonton when both of the Anthems were sung. Such passion from the crowd went into singing those. I get the chills when I think of it. I noticed tonight that Carolina returned the favour to Edmonton, by singing along with O Canada.

I gave 20 bucks (and spent another 50 on food and beer) to our waiter just to defend the ONE tv in the corner of the bar so we could watch Game 5. I've been to a bar where they turned off the one tv with hockey to match the other 20 tvs with the Sox. Another reason I dislike Chicago. Another reason to hate baseball. And basketball....

Huge sigh....

I gave 20 bucks (and spent another 50 on food and beer) to our waiter just to defend the ONE tv in the corner of the bar so we could watch Game 5. I've been to a bar where they turned off the one tv with hockey to match the other 20 tvs with the Sox. Another reason I dislike Chicago. Another reason to hate baseball. And basketball....

Huge sigh....

My son went through the same thing during the regional games prior to the FF. He lived in Boise and found 1 bar that would turn a TV to hockey instead of college BB. He did manage to meet a few people that did become more interested in hockey than BB.