SiouxSports.com Forum

next year's schedule

siouxpuckster

Here's what I have found, no guarantee on accuracy.

?? Manitoba - Hakstol's comments

10/06-10/07 Quinnipiac - Hakstol mentioned they open with this, guessing a bit on the date

10/13-10/14 Maine - Found this in a maine thread on USCHO

11/03-11/04 St.Cloud - From St. Cloud's schedule

11/24-11/25 CC - From CC's schedule

12/15-12/16 Mich.Tech - From Tech's schedule

01/05-01/06 @CC - From CC's schedule

01/26-01/27 @MN - From MN's schedule

02/16-02/17 UMD - From UMD's schedule

03/02-03/03 @St.Cloud - From St. Cloud's schedule

Other conf games left:

Denver(2 away), AA(4), Wisc(4), Mankato(4)

I believe they can schedule 36 games, conference games take 28 so this leaves 8 others.

The eight none conf:

Quinnipiac(2)

Maine(2)

Dartmouth tourney(2) (Dartmouth, St.Lawrence, and BU). This was posted on USCHO, can't confirm.

?? My guess is the other two would be road games at BC and Northeastern. New Hampshire owes us

two at REA but my guess these will be in 2007-2008 season, assuming the Maine info is accurate.

?? My guess is the other two would be road games at BC and Northeastern. New Hampshire owes us

two at REA but my guess these will be in 2007-2008 season, assuming the Maine info is accurate.

Why do you think BC and Northeastern? Did we sign another deal with those two teams?

Thanks RochSioux. Good info. I can't believe that we are going without a home Minnesota series again so quickly.

Looks like no trip to Tech either.

Keep us posted on any updates. Here is hoping you are still well on the mend. The off-season is always a good time to go on the mend. The lam as well.

NDH, recovery going well, a few more weeks and I should be back running and biking. Thanks for asking.

Kinda sucks without a home series with MN but at least we get four with Wisconsin. I always like going to Madison for the series and they will play there the next three years.

Why do you think BC and Northeastern? Did we sign another deal with those two teams?

2003-2004 season BC came to REA for 2.

2004-2005 season UND traveled to Boston and played BC and Northeastern once.

2005-2006 season Northeastern came to REA for 2.

So the Sioux played BC twice and Northeastern twice at REA while only playing them once each on the road. I am guessing they owe them another trip to Boston.

10/06-10/07 Quinnipiac - Hakstol mentioned they open with this, guessing a bit on the date

Other conf games left:

I imagined how these games might fit into the schedule. I'm guessing the Maine and Madison weekends immediately follow Quinnipiac, in some order, followed by a trip to Mankato. A trip to UAA could be squeezed between the SCSU and CC weekends, and I wonder if the Sioux could host the defending national champs just before they host MTU. Between CC and MN in January, it sure would be neat if they could host UAA and play home-and-home with the BSU Beavers. Starting with BSU, it could be like a tour of Minnesota hockey to close the regular season: BSU, at MN, MSUM, UMD and at SCSU (with a trip to Denver snuck in between UMD and SCSU).

Not entirely for sure, but I think we will play in Boston 1 game each.

Also, do will we have the UNH series at home this year.

I would also expect 2 with BSU.

I am hoping those Sioux games up in Massachusetts happen. I am going to really try to see a live Sioux game next season. Does anyone know if series with the Q will mean a trip to Connecticut in 2007-08? Thanks.

Since the Sioux have usually (always?) done home and home when scheduling non-conference games/series, I'd expect that's a good possiblility.

Other conf games left:

I believe they can schedule 36 games, conference games take 28 so this leaves 8 others.

The eight none conf:

Quinnipiac(2)

Maine(2)

Dartmouth tourney(2) (Dartmouth, St.Lawrence, and BU). This was posted on USCHO, can't confirm.

UND has another home and home with BSU this January I believe.

Posted on USCHO by a poster:

Oct. 1 Manitoba (Exhibition)

Oct. 6 Quinnipiac

Oct. 7 Quinnipiac

Oct. 13 At Wisconsin

Oct. 14 At Wisconsin

Oct. 20 Maine

Oct. 21 Maine

Oct. 27 At Mankato State

Oct. 28 At Mankato State

Nov. 3 St. Cloud State

Nov. 4 St. Cloud State

Nov. 17 At UAA

Nov. 18 At UAA

Nov. 24 Colorado College

Nov. 25 Colorado College

Dec. 2 US 18's (NTDP)

Dec. 8 Wisconsin

Dec. 9 Wisconsin

Dec. 15 Michigan Tech

Dec. 16 Michigan Tech

Dec. 29 At Dartmouth Tourney

Dec. 30 At Dartmouth Tourney

Jan. 5 At Colorado College

Jan. 6 At Colorado College

Jan. 12 UAA

Jan. 13 UAA

Jan. 19 At Bemidji

Jan. 20 Bemidji

Jan. 26 At Minnesota

Jan. 27 At Minnesota

Feb. 9 Mankato State

Feb. 10 Mankato State

Feb. 16 Duluth

Feb. 17 Duluth

Feb. 23 at Denver

Feb. 24 At Denver

Mar. 2 At St. Cloud

Mar. 3 At St. Cloud

This:

plus this

equals an interesting mix of people, and a road trip for the ages. We'll be there.

Not a good weekend right in the middle of Ducktober and opening weekend in ND for Pheasants, thank god they are on the road. :silly:

If the tentative schedule is accurate, UND will be in Mankato on Oct 27/28. For those of you interested in attending that series, I would encourage you to call and reserve hotel rooms ASAP. The Holiday Inn is the place to stay during a hockey trip to Mankato (near the arena, bars, food, and is the team hotel). I just called and reserved a room and was informed that few rooms remain for that weekend due to some conference and a bunch of weddings.

If the tentative schedule is accurate, UND will be in Mankato on Oct 27/28. For those of you interested in attending that series, I would encourage you to call and reserve hotel rooms ASAP. The Holiday Inn is the place to stay during a hockey trip to Mankato (near the arena, bars, food, and is the team hotel). I just called and reserved a room and was informed that few rooms remain for that weekend due to some conference and a bunch of weddings.

I would love to be the owner of a bar in Mankato that weekend. Yikes :silly:

This:

plus this

equals an interesting mix of people, and a road trip for the ages. We'll be there.

FWIW, the Howard Johnsons hotel next to the Kohl Center is now a Doubletree Hotel. Since it is a football w/e they have the room prices jacked up an extra $100 or so per night to $239.

I can't believe anyone would pay $239 for one night in a hotel room. I bought a 1972 AMC Gremlin for $175 and a 1973 Mercury comet for $150 and they lasted four years! By the way, does anyone know where I can get gas for 39 cents a gallon?

Yeah, my 1976 time capsule.

no that was a tournement...

Also, would we play at CC during WJC??? Or is that after the tourney...

I think that CC series is right after the WJC, which means our boys will be tired again, if they play at all. Add to that the elevation....