SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank You

mprpich

Well I've been here for four years now and have enjoyed every minute I have spent here in Grand Forks and playing for the University of North Dakota. I wanted to thank you the fans for all of the support you have given me as well as our team during my time here. You are all truely great hockey fans and the best in the country. I know at times my antics on the ice have driven alot of you nuts and many times questioned why I do the things I do. I have been very fortunate to play for such a tradition rich school and I am very proud to say that I am part of the Fighting Sioux family. Being so far away from home I would like to thank all of those people who have taken me in as one of their own and helped me along the way. You the fans are who make this such a great place to play hockey and live. I will take away from my time here more lasting memories than I can even count. Thank you I will miss playing here so much.

To my friends and family thank you for the support you have given me over the years, with out you I would never be where I am today, and would not be the person I am. From the hundred of hours spent on the road driving from game to game and tournament to tournament no mater where it was THANK YOU! Thank you for giving me this opprotunity to play such a wonderful sport that has taught me so much.

Lastly to my teammates and coaches, Thank you for such a great season, you all taught me a great deal about what it takes to percievere and excell when all others might count you out. You have made this last year of mine here one that I will not soon forget. I know it didn't end the way we wanted it but I know next year and the years to come you will make all of us proud and proud to say we to once wore the green and white.

Thank you all again for a great time here.

#19 Mike Prpich, Member of the Fighting Sioux forever

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Mike for coming on this board and expressing your thoughts on a great career. One bad thing -- now I'm crying at my desk...great! You are an incredible respresentative for the University of North Dakota and you made us all very proud.

May you find many water bottles to steal in the years to come!!!

I will always remember the smile underneath that helmet...thanks again!!!

thanks mike!!!!

thanks for drinking out of the du goalies watter bottle

thanks for beating the crap out of peluso

thanks for the 110% effort each night

thanks for the salute after the holy cross game

good luck in the pros............................

It was a pleasure to watch you these 4 years! I knew from the first game I saw you in, that Mike Prpich (but it took me awhile to remember how to say that last name) was going to be someone special. Thank you for showing us that smile!

Mike, I might not have always agreed with some of the things you did on the ice, but on the few occasions I was priveleged to talk with you, you were always a gentleman off the ice. You have left an indelible mark on Fighting Sioux hockey, and for that, you are to be commended. Sioux fans will remember your time at UND for generations to come. Thanks for the great memories, for your hard work, for playing through pain when the team needed you and for leading by example. You will be missed. thumbup_wink.gifclapping.gif

Mike,

As I told you yesterday when you were so gracious as to sign autographs with the rest of the team, best of luck in all your future endeavors. You have given us more enjoyment and memories in watching you than we could ever begin to hope for, or to try and say thank you enough. Great stories will be shared with younger generations and those visiting a Sioux hockey game for the first time about Mike Prpich. Your dedication, sense of team and class act will be greatly missed but is deeply appreciated.

Best of luck and thanks for the salute after the Holy Cross game!

We will miss you, but always welcome you wherever there is green and white!

What an absolutely classy post! :lol: Yesterday at Fargo Sioux Boosters, Dave Hakstol joked about how his blood pressure would go down now that you graduated. ;) He then QUICKLY followed that up by saying that you are one of his favorite players to ever go through the program and how you gave tons to the team and the program that the casual fan would never see, including on and off the ice and in the locker room.

You will be missed but not forgotten! Thank you for 4 great years.

Mike, thank you for being one of the best character players these eyes have ever witnessed. You were the best penalty killer on the team the last few years. You gave everything you had every shift. You were never afraid to sacrifice your body for the betterment of the team. That's the true definition of a team player. You and the rest of the guys were an absolute pleasure to watch this year. Thanks again.

I've been a serious fan of Sioux Hockey since 1979, and a lot of talented young men have worn that #19. But I don't think I'll be able to see another Fighting Sioux player wearing #19 for a long time and not think of Mike Prpich. It was a heckuva run, young man, and I wish you all the best in your future. No matter what comes your way in life, you will always have your years at the University of North Dakota. You as much as anyone on the team embodied the credo I try to instill on my youth teams: "Winning isn't everything, wanting to win is"

Thank you for putting in the time and effort for our enjoyment and entertainment. It was OUR honor to watch you play the game.

Good luck with your coming endeavors. If you go at it like you played hockey for the Sioux, you will be a success.

Squirtcoach

Last Thursday after the BC loss, I had a chance to shake Mike's hand and thank him personally for all of his effort and the joy has given us over the past four years. Even though I'm sure he was very down about the loss and the team's early departure from Milwaukee, he took the time for me. I'm sure that he will do equally as well at whatever it is he does in life, in or out of hockey. He has the right stuff for sure.

Thanks for choosing UND and best wishes with your future plans. Thanks for playing hard all the time. Watching you, alot of young kids could learn about playing at both ends and giving up the body to block a shot.

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts here. If you ever read anything negative that I posted, just assume that some no-good DU hack stole my log-in and posted it... :lol:

Should Lee Marvin be reading this thread, I wish you all the best as well (and don't forget to set that cousin of yours strait on where he's going to school).

Prpich. You are a class act, and one heck of a hockey player. We said it long ago, here. Heart and soul of a team that was loaded with talent. Gotta have the heart and soul to make the talent go. Jump startin' Mike.

The Girls in the Hats who forever watched warm-ups from the ice level, from Dayton to Milwaukee, always said that you were the one who was driving the bus. Making things go. Keeping the youngsters on the ball. You could see it growing with each passing series. It all came together when you got Gwozdecky going nuts standing on the ledger board. We were there and saw it first hand. You will forever be one of the only players who ever got a coach kicked out of a hockey game!! It was then that the team became a team. The run that followed was memorable. While everyone contributed, you led by example. A perfect example that statistics do not tell nearly everything about what happens in a game.

Now, your options are many. If I were you, I would not hesitate to go back to the golden plains of Saskatchewon, ride the sunsets that never end, farm the land like there is no tomorrow, stay in shape by skating with the best amatuer players that the world has to offer, hook up with, and maybe even someday marry, one of those girls from the Canadian Plains who, outside of maybe North Dakota girls, are the best looking women in the world, and put your education to full use. I would also make frequent trips back to the Great State of North Dakota. Or, what the heck, I might just set up in Grand Forks and make a life right here.

Over the years, many, many have skated for the Fighting Sioux. Many are remembered. Many are forgotten. Few become legends. Those that do become legends do so for many different reasons. Here is toasting to the newest member of the Legends Club of the Fighting Sioux from NDU.

Who is selling their game worn #19??

Mike - thanks for the memories, both on and off the ice. Thanks for staying 4 years and endearing yourself in our hearts. Thanks for graciously coming over to our house for Thanksgiving dinner, but mostly for the fun time you showed the kids playing "mini sticks" in the basement. They will always remember that. You're a class act. We love ya man!! Good luck in your future endeavors, I hope they include coming back to Grand Forks some day. If you are ever in a corporate meeting, take a swig out of the big wheel's water glass - just for old time's sake!! :lol:

Mike you are a class act and have given hundreds of kids a role model. We have looked forward to your shifts and talked about them afterward. You were discussed more than any player I can remember, and have a bigger fan club than you know. I have no doubt that you will be wonderful in whatever you decide to do in the future but please remember to come back to Grand Forks and the people who would be proud to be your home team!