SiouxSports.com Forum

Curse Of Ralph or Dean Blais

bogeyboge50

Kinda like the Boston Red Sox do we have a curse of Ralph or Dean? Ever Since we moved into the ralph no national championships ever since blais left been to the title game once and lost. Lost in the west regionall to Denver. and home record this year was horrible. thats leaves a question do we have a curse on our hands!

Kinda like the Boston Red Sox do we have a curse of Ralph or Dean? Ever Since we moved into the ralph no national championships ever since blais left been to the title game once and lost. Lost in the west regionall to Denver. and home record this year was horrible. thats leaves a question do we have a curse on our hands!

It's been 5 years. ;)

Yes. I heard they were going to implode the building anyway, so the curse won't last very long. That's what my one friend, who is even a SIOUX fan, said he had heard from his neighbor's daughter's boyfriend. He works at UND (the boyfriend) and SAW the contract with the REA on it. ;)

"with all due respect, you're a f#$#ng idiot!" t. soprano

I believe Blais was the coach when we lost to Denver in the West Regionals.

According to the person that started the thread, you guys are the Chi Cubs of NCAA hockey. ;)

I didn't realize the Fighting Sioux hockey team had been around for over 100 years. However, I did a little research and I discovered that, in their inaugural season in 1896, they had an upstart young beat writer named Patrick C. Miller... :lol:

I think the Bulldogs are cursed too. It's called "The Curse of Being the Bulldogs Hockey Team Every Year."

Curses? We are the school who started college football and after 137 years, we have a grand total of one National Championship( shared with Princeton) in 1869 and two bowl games, one in 1978 and one in 2005.

North Dakota--please send your curse to our sports program ASAP!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

I didn't realize the Fighting Sioux hockey team had been around for over 100 years. However, I did a little research and I discovered that, in their inaugural season in 1896, they had an upstart young beat writer named Patrick C. Miller... :lol:

Hey, maybe I'm the curse! ;)

Maybe it's time for me to retire. :lol:

Let's see, during the "cursed years" we have won the McNaughton Cup, the Final Five Championship, and appeared in two Frozen Fours.

Exactly. Most college teams are lucky to win their own conference once in ten years, let alone making it into the playoffs with some consistency.

"Curse"? Here's an ambiguous answer, go f&$% yourself. :lol:;)

Are you kidding me? Hakstol in his first two years takes a Broadmore trophy home and makes 2 frozen four appearances, one of them with a team of 13 freshman in the lineup who no one expected to be there. Call that curse if you wish, hell, keep the curses and jihads coming as far as I'm concerned.

Are you kidding me? Hakstol in his first two years takes a Broadmore trophy home and makes 2 frozen four appearances, one of them with a team of 13 freshman in the lineup who no one expected to be there. Call that curse if you wish, hell, keep the curses and jihads coming as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly.

So far, the only curse that's somewhat plausible is the "PCM is a curse because he's older than dirt." :D

But anyways, Fire Hakstol, Parise is a sieve, bench Lee, Smaby's a bad captain, and let's for the Big Ten Hockey Conference too! :)

sagard- You're absolutely right. Let's look at the positives here. The Sioux are dedicated to winning and winning it all. And they will and have. It's been 6 years since their last title, though they do have 4 more frozen four appearances with 2 runner ups to show for it. This is way more than you can say for many teams, collegiate and pro, in many sports. For example, I doubt the Wild will have a stanley cup in their first 10 years, maybe even 20 if they keep up the "good work." The Vikings will never win the Super Bowl with their propensity towards mediocrity. The same can be said for Gopher football and basketball. The Twins are playing so well that even they may be the second biggest joke in the AL Central behind the Royals.

It definitely could be worse.

I know about 55-60 other programs that would like to be as "cursed" as yours.

Laughable.

I have a hole in my heart from yesterday's game but I think there is no reason to be alarmed, the future looks very bright. I must thought we would find a way to win but the planets didn't line up for UND this year. I am sure there are a lot of teams that would love to be where UND was yesterday. DU didn't make the playoffs, Minnesota was bounced by a determined 15 seed and C.C. couldn't beat Cornell. It's so hard to get to the Frozen Four and I think UND will be back soon.

If you would have told me UND would have been in the Frozen Four I wouldn't have believed it.

I think UND is going in the right direction. Yesterday our offensive stars looked lost, I can't remember our boys being out of it like they were today. I just hope UND can keep the core group of players from yesterdays game next sesaon. The Young defense will be older, bigger, stronger and hopefully left with a bad taste in their mouth and determined to get back to the Frozen Four in St. Louis.

Now it's time for some golf.

Edited by Goon

Geez. Cursed. We Sioux fans are blessed. I've often thought how lucky I am. My HS has won like 25 state championships in various sports, I've watched the Twins win 2 world championships, I've watched the Sioux women win 3 BB N. championships, I've watched the Sioux win a football N. champioshp, and of course, watched the Sioux win 5 of their 7 hockey N. champioships. So nit's been 6 years since the 2000 championship. They've been in 2 champioship games since then. No, the Sioux aren't cursed. Sioux fans should be smiling, despite yesterday. I know I am (not last night, though).