SiouxSports.com Forum

Meet & Greet?

siouxhockey1101

Does anyone know if there will be a fan meet and greet at REA sometime in the next couple of weeks to congratulate the team on a terrific season?? I know they did it last year after the sioux were runners up in columbus....hope they do it again this year too....!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if there will be a fan meet and greet at REA sometime in the next couple of weeks to congratulate the team on a terrific season?? I know they did it last year after the sioux were runners up in columbus....hope they do it again this year too....!

Tim O'Keefe said on yesterday's post-game show that there would be something for the team at REA on Tuesday. He said he hoped that there would be a good turnout of Sioux fans.

Tim O'Keefe said on yesterday's post-game show that there would be something for the team at REA on Tuesday. He said he hoped that there would be a good turnout of Sioux fans.

I just hope they don't have some of those speakers talking about how they can make another run next year if everyone sticks around and then make it uncomfortable for guys like Stafford, Smaby and Zajac, among others, by singling them out. They all know that, and we all know that, and they need to make the decision that's best for them without feeling pressure from people who should be supporting them and their careers. This get-together should be a celebration of the past year and I hope that the organizers stick to that.

I just hope they don't have some of those speakers talking about how they can make another run next year if everyone sticks around and then make it uncomfortable for guys like Stafford, Smaby and Zajac, among others, by singling them out.

I'd be very surprised if that happened.

so is it gonna be like the thing at the beginning of the year this year( skate) or like last April ?

I would think it would be like last April. A few people talking, introduction of seniors, finished off with an autograph session. No skating. Last year at this time, we didn't have ice in the arena.

At the players request eh? I wonder why that is. I hope it is not because they may feel as if they let their fans down - as that is certainly not the case.

When I called the Athletic administration office all she told me was there would only be an autograph signing and when I asked why she said that's all the players wanted.

I agree with you. We had a hell of a year and I, like you, don't believe the players let us down. I'm damn proud of 'em and wish we, fans, had an opportunity to show them how much we appreciate them.

I live in Florida so can not be there. I certainly hope a lot of people attend and send the message to the players how much they are appreciated. Who knows, it may help one of them make a decision to stay at UND rather than sign a contract! A few signs wouldn't hurt either!

This meet and greet is going to be so awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :lol: Me and my friend are wearing some tshirts that we made. Mine says Fear Prpich on the front and on the back it sayd fear the physical force that is Prpich!! My friends says Fear Parise on the front Cant wait till tonight!!!!

Looks like the girls in the fancy hats will not be getting their wish to go to this final event of the year.

We are all travelled and monied out. Everyone have a great time.

Give our regards to Marvin, Prpich, JPar, and Matt Smaby.

Tell Travis and Sparky that we would love to see them back in the green, black, and white of the Fighting Sioux come next October.

Safe travels, and thanks to the departing for all of the great memories.