SiouxSports.com Forum

Early outs

GBpakrzz

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fare thee well, Jacques Cousteau!!! Better luck with the NHL officials. I heard they call diving a lot more. Oh, and they can fight and they can be much more physical.

Earl's going to get eaten alive.

STILL: He is a sixth round draft pick, which means nothing is guaranteed like you'd see in a first or second rounder. I would jump if I could get the money too.

This is depressing. My plans to wear a skin-tight wet suit at next year's Final Five, in order to win DanceMania! have been ruined!

It appears that SCSU might be the next team to lose a great player too.

Bobby G. Next?

The Pittsburgh Penguins own his draft rights. However, there's a loophole in the NHL's new Collective Bargaining Agreement that could accelerate Goepfert's pro debut.

According to the language of the CBA, drafted college players remain the property of the team that selects them until the fourth June 1 following their draft year.

Now if Elliott would only go, too...

According to a post on the Hockey_L there was some guy out there that said that Elliot was staying for his fourth years, but after watching Morrison play for the Sens last night, that might be a pipe dream. With Hasek retiring and Morrison not looking all of that sharp and Emery being an ok number one I could see him gone next season.

That would definitely hurt SCSU's chances next year.

"It seems so long ago when I was drafted," said Goepfert, who went in the sixth round, 171st overall. "You're young and immature.

"It was in Toronto (in 2002) and I didn't go, but I remember watching the computer, hitting refresh all the time and seeing these guys get picked early and I knew I was better than they were. I was crying ... it was definitely a shot to my ego."

:glare:

If Bobby leaves, I can't see SCSU finishing above 7th next season.

Bobby G. Next?

is that the language of the new CBA or the old CBA (i'm too lazy to look), since he was drafted under the rules of the old one, that would be the one that would pertain to him. The only reason i ask is that there are numerous accounts of August 1st (or is it 31st) after a players senior season in college that they lose their rights and player becomes a free agent.

is that the language of the new CBA or the old CBA (i'm too lazy to look), since he was drafted under the rules of the old one, that would be the one that would pertain to him. The only reason i ask is that there are numerous accounts of August 1st (or is it 31st) after a players senior season in college that they lose their rights and player becomes a free agent.

I think we can assume that Bobby Goepfert will be gone, welcome to the cellar at SCSU. They will be fighting it out with UAA, MTU and SCSU for the right to face the league champion in the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

I think it's just a matter of time for the same reasons as all the Juniors this year.

Connelly will be great next year though if the last 25+ years of UW goaltending is any indication.

Sagard, from all that I am hearing (wink, wink if you trust all the blogs and hockey_L kids of lists) that Elliot is going to stay one more season at Wisconsin, I am thinking whatever, the kid is a hot commodity and can learn way more in AHL than at the UofW. I am sure the Sens will be throwing some money his way. I mean what is the hurry, he isn't going to play in the NHL playoffs and if the Sens don't get better goaltending they are only going to play one round. Morrison lost last night in o.t.

If Elliot signs, the Badgers could be in the bottom of the league standings with SCSU.

UW fans have to be nervous with what they've seen of Elliot's successor.

It would be interesting to say the least, when I was watching the outdoor game that was on FSN at Lambeau filed and I noticed that Wisconsin has 2 other goalies sitting on the bench and that is not counting Elliot, it's funny that they couldn't find at least another goalie that can half way play out of that whole slough of goalies.

I am sure our buddies in Madtown are sweating things out just like we are. I am also sure that Eaves if he lost Elliot would be cutting some dead beat goalies that can't play so he had some roster space to sign another attractive goalie recruit.He, he, he...

Edited by Goon

Chris Chucko signs a contract to play pro hockey. Good riddance to an average player that had more hype than production. If he's gone, half of UND's roster should turn pro becuase apparently it's not that hard to get an NHL contract.

Chris Chucko signs a contract to play pro hockey. Good riddance to an average player that had more hype than production. If he's gone, half of UND's roster should turn pro becuase apparently it's not that hard to get an NHL contract.

i haven't been able to find anything to confirm this other than a random post on GPLoser and someone on the calgary message board citing the GPLoser post..... do you have a link to a story or transaction memo??

I have to admit, Chucko is kind of a mystery. He was a hard-noised gritty guy in the BCHL, it seems he never really got going in college. Maybe his style just didn't fit with donnie's.

what is a mystery is that he the flames number 2 prospect!! his production in college doesn't say NUMBER 2 PROSPECT on any team, not even the gophers! must be a huge upside the flames see or like THETRIOUXPER says, completely different style than donnie wants

what is a mystery is that he the flames number 2 prospect!! his production in college doesn't say NUMBER 2 PROSPECT on any team, not even the gophers! must be a huge upside the flames see or like THETRIOUXPER says, completely different style than donnie wants

Like Sioux recruits and players, I will say this:

Show me something official.

Is Chucko gone? Nope. USCHO doesn't have it. ESPN doesn't have it. I don't notice a link to any MSP newspaper either. No press release from UMN.

What does all that mean? Chucko is still a Gopher until ONE (at least) of those sources mentioned above is cited.

I have to admit, Chucko is kind of a mystery. He was a hard-noised gritty guy in the BCHL, it seems he never really got going in college. Maybe his style just didn't fit with donnie's.

I think you and I both know that the hard-nosed gritty guy is the one Lucia wanted. It was there for most of his freshmen year and I suspect he will demonstrate it again somewhere. This past year there were injuries and rumors floating about non-publicized injuries. I hope that is all it was and that he can make the NHL. If not he can always go back to school and pay his way. :silly:

I think you and I both know that the hard-nosed gritty guy is the one Lucia wanted. It was there for most of his freshmen year and I suspect he will demonstrate it again somewhere. This past year there were injuries and rumors floating about non-publicized injuries. I hope that is all it was and that he can make the NHL. If not he can always go back to school and pay his way. :silly:

Sagard,

Has this been confirmed?