SiouxSports.com Forum

Early outs

GBpakrzz

Johnson will be a top 5 draft pick who has never played college hockey and you're convinced he will sign. Toews will be a top five draft pick who HAS played one year of college and you're convinced he'll stay. You look at things through green tinted glasses. Not to mention that d-men usually need more time to develop than a forward. I know what the experts are saying but they siad the exact same thing about J. Johnson. If Lucia isn't worried than why would I be? Lucia talks to Johnson and his parents on a regular basis, the "experts" do not. You guys act like an 18 year old d-men jumping right into the NHL is the norm when it's actually incredibly rare.

By the way, Kessel won his third ROY award on USCHO. He shared it this time with Lerg, the goalie from MSU.

the difference between the 2 is PHYSICAL. erik johnson may be ready depending on what the team that drafts him thinks. YOUR SUCH A TOOL....GODDDDDDDDDDD

btw....congrats to kessel, he can polish all his hardware while oshie and toews lead their team to title #8...

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I admit first off that I am one of those people (not NHL expert, but still one of those people) who think that Johnson will never wear a Minnesota sweater.

However, never say never. Jack Johnson was supposed to be in Carolina following the draft and he didn't go. He did pretty well in Michigan this year. Carolina tried to sign him again and they failed. Though I don't believe Johnson will suit up for Minnesota, I don't think it's entirely out of the question either.

If you listen to the Pundents this includes great NHL minds on places like XM and TSN and others these shows include the likes of lot of ex-players and radio personalities (ie like Phil Espo, Cam Stewart, Mike Bossy, Darren Pang) others on the NHL network, you have to have XM I am not sure if it is on Cirus they will tell you as well as on TSN (which is ussually pretty accurate) That there is a good chance that Eric Johnson will never make it too Minnesota. Its out there. I am just passing it along. I recommend getting this package if you can because there is a lot of usefull information.

Please, I do not want to sound silly do not email these people I am not saying that they are the guys that said it specifically there are only so many people that work on the XM network these are just the names I remember, I am just saying when these people talk on the NHL XM Channel and the discussion of young players for next years draft and and the draft they talk about guys like Eric Johnson, next time the subject comes up I will actually pay attention to who said what, I know I have heard it a lot. I know the one guy was the man from TSN I believe his name was McKenzee (sp)

Johnson will be a top 5 draft pick who has never played college hockey and you're convinced he will sign. Toews will be a top five draft pick who HAS played one year of college and you're convinced he'll stay. You look at things through green tinted glasses. Not to mention that d-men usually need more time to develop than a forward. I know what the experts are saying but they siad the exact same thing about J. Johnson. If Lucia isn't worried than why would I be? Lucia talks to Johnson and his parents on a regular basis, the "experts" do not. You guys act like an 18 year old d-men jumping right into the NHL is the norm when it's actually incredibly rare.

By the way, Kessel won his third ROY award on USCHO. He shared it this time with Lerg, the goalie from MSU.

Wow and Oshie is still actually playing hockey and not golf.

I actually think it is funny when I hear goofer fans tell everyone that they think will see Eric Johnson in a goofer jersey and he is coming reguardless of where he is drafted in this years entry draft, ok what ever. Have you guys talked to the experts yet? According to many great NHL minds some think Johnson will never put on a Goofer Jersey because the NHL guys are drowling all over themselves to get him on their team and in a uniform. I have heard this a lot on the NHL talking heads, all you have to do is listen to XM radio channel 204.

I don't know who this Eric Johnson is, but if he is good I hope he plays for the Gophers. I am more concerned about Erik Johnson personally. :lol:

I don't know who this Eric Johnson is, but if he is good I hope he plays for the Gophers. I am more concerned about Erik Johnson personally. :lol:

Rumor has it Eric Johnson is going to North Dakota. He is supposed to be the next Erik Johnson.

Rumor has it Eric Johnson is going to North Dakota. He is supposed to be the next Erik Johnson.

That is a smart move by Eric Johnson, he is now a GUARANTEED first rounder. ;);):D (I have read in the last few minutes that he is a big, physical D-man that just punishes those that dare set-up in the slot)

Wow and Oshie is still actually playing hockey and not golf.

I am sure you are still playing hockey as well. Starting on thursday against BC? I am also sure you have played on all 7 Nat'l Championship teams ,correct?

However, never say never. Jack Johnson was supposed to be in Carolina following the draft and he didn't go. He did pretty well in Michigan this year. Carolina tried to sign him again and they failed. Though I don't believe Johnson will suit up for Minnesota, I don't think it's entirely out of the question either.

I haven't read up much on Jack, but did Carolina not offer him the rookie max? It seems that next year rookies will be capped at like $50k less per year. Very advantageous money wise to sign this summer.

Note to Bucky, check out this headline on TSN before it disappears then read the story.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

For those of you who missed the headline on TSN tonight it read No Longer Number One and discussed Kessel dropping to number four in the prospect rankings behind 1. Johnson 2. Toews and 3. Staal

There was no new info in this article. Four of the five scouts has Kessel going in the top three. One has him going #1, and another has him #2.

Not to mention, this is the International scouting service. The NHL central scouting service has him listed as the #2 prospect ahead of Toews, but I don't see you sharing that information with us. You cherry pick information better than our President cherry picks intelligence.

And if Kessel actually does fall a bit in the draft that's good for the Gophers. If Toews rises a bit in the draft that's bad for the Sioux. I'm not really sure why you made me read this article but thanks, it put me in a great mood.

The only thing I got out of this article was that two of the first three picks are Gophers. :D

I bet that one of those two will not play for the Gophs next year

I bet that both will.

Thanks again Sioux_Hab-it for pointing out an article that talks about the possibility of three gophers(Kessel, Johnson, Okposo) being taken in the top 5 of the NHL draft. :D

Thanks again Sioux_Hab-it for pointing out an article that talks about the possibility of three gophers(Kessel, Johnson, Okposo) being taken in the top 5 of the NHL draft. :D

And where did the so-called "best freshman class in the nation" get the Gophers this season?

This isn't directly related, but I just want to know what people think on this.

For a long time Kessel was projected to be the #1 draft pick far and above everyone else, and it's now suggested that he might go as low as 4th. 4th is still awesome, but after having been accustomed to thinking 1st, it seems a little crappy. So if Johnson is taken first, instead of Kessel, and then suits up for the gophers, do you think there'd be any animosity between the two ( or from Kessel toward Johnson) given the highly competitive nature of the draft? Just curious....probably not as much so as if they were both forwards.

I bet that both will.

Oh your welcome I guess if you are happy with what was supposed to be a lock on the number one selection ala Crosby and Ovechkin before the season started. His one dimensional game got exposed for what it is. I hope USCHO and INCH picks your teams incoming class as number one again this year. :D

There was no new info in this article. Four of the five scouts has Kessel going in the top three. One has him going #1, and another has him #2.

I knew there was nothing new in this article but Buckysieve thinks Sioux fans make up everything that they post. He had better pray every night until the draft that Pittsburgh doesn't get the number one pick, if he wants to see Johnson in the brown and yellow.

How sweet would this be...

1. Kessel

2. Johnson

3. Toews

4. Staal

5. Okposo

Gopher Power play- Kessel, Johnson, Okposo, Irmen, and Hirsch.

YEAH............that would be damn sweet, im so glad you are already preparing for next years power play unit. whats next, you should now tell us who your C and A's will be and better yet you should list all 4 lines :D must be fun preparing for NEXT year with a weekend left of hockey ;)

2 things, kessel will not go #1 and okposo will not go #5...keep dreaming pal....and also have fun dreaming up how you guys will crap away next season as well..................OFF TO MILWAUKEE