SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Radio Highlights

KirkEisenbeis

Regarding the game worn jerseys, since some people have already been requesting/claiming #'s, I'm going to start keeping track. PM me or post on here if you want a specific number. If enough people are interested in buying these, I should be able to find out Monday when the athletic dept. is open how we can go about buying them.

undhockey - #28

farce poobah - #7 and #21

MafiaMan - #19

Sioux-Cia - no number requested yet, although you did mention #19....you and MafiaMan will have to duke that one out. :love:

I know I can take him but OK, MM can have #19. I'll take #11.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the game worn jerseys, since some people have already been requesting/claiming #'s, I'm going to start keeping track. PM me or post on here if you want a specific number. If enough people are interested in buying these, I should be able to find out Monday when the athletic dept. is open how we can go about buying them.

undhockey - #28

farce poobah - #7 and #21

MafiaMan - #19

Sioux-Cia - no number requested yet, although you did mention #19....you and MafiaMan will have to duke that one out. :love:

Ah dang, I'm too late.... I wanted the Kolbra's!! Oh well, that's ok, I'll just have to decide on someone else's.... haha

It will be priceless seeing all the Holy Cross jerseys in the crowds at Gopher games next year. I honestly don't think they will ever be able to live this down. From now, no matter who or where they are playing, the rodents and their fans will hear cheers like this:

H-O-L-Y-C-R-O-S-S.....holy cross, holy cross.........yay...CRUSADERS!!!!!

AND

HOLY CROSS *clap, clap, clap clap clap*

It's cool that Holy Cross has the same number of letters as Minnesota, so this new rouser will sound great! And to see it done by Sioux fans...standing and mimicking the rodentia, will be over the top. This will probably start at the Frozen Four just to rub it in, and by next season fans of every team will be doing this to the gophers for years to come. Man...they are gonna hate us more than they already do.....

Thank You Holy Cross!

The clip was played on a Grand Forks radio station around noon today!!

Holy Cross!! You are getting lots of kudos for your work!! Gotta love it!!

I just e-mailed the clip to KFAN here in the cities....if there's anyone that will air it, it's Common Man and his producer Tenna-B, they love to have a good time at Dubay's expense. If the GF radio station was 1440AM, then we're already covered. :lol:

I'd be interested in #14 if this comes to pass. Let me know how you would like payment.

Yes, I'm interested in Reinhardt's jersey too. I'd pay a deposit if I can have it over Nodakvindy. :lol: I only want it if it says Reinhardt on the back and #14. When he scored the first goal last Friday the first thing that came to mind after the elation, was a book I used to read and assimilate with when I was a kid. It was called, "Reinhardt lifts." It was a book about this puny kid that felt bad about being so scrawny and overcame the odds and won the end of the year weight lifting competition.

Nodakvindy, you've just got to let me have this one. Please?

Or wait, how do you think Holy Cross would feel if we asked to auction some of the jerseys? Not just $200? :lol:

It will be priceless seeing all the Holy Cross jerseys in the crowds at Gopher games next year. I honestly don't think they will ever be able to live this down. From now, no matter who or where they are playing, the rodents and their fans will hear cheers like this:

H-O-L-Y-C-R-O-S-S.....holy cross, holy cross.........yay...CRUSADERS!!!!!

AND

HOLY CROSS *clap, clap, clap clap clap*

It's cool that Holy Cross has the same number of letters as Minnesota, so this new rouser will sound great! And to see it done by Sioux fans...standing and mimicking the rodentia, will be over the top. This will probably start at the Frozen Four just to rub it in, and by next season fans of every team will be doing this to the gophers for years to come. Man...they are gonna hate us more than they already do.....

Thank You Holy Cross!

Every fan base hates the gophers more than anyone else so we're used to hearing annoying chants. At least the Holy Cross chants we'll hear will be fresh and something new. :lol: Unfortunately I think you're right. We will be hearing about this for quite some time. But like I said, as a Gopher fan we get crap no matter what so we'll live. I doubt we'll get much sympathy from anyone.

Put me on the list for HC game jersey. I am pretty flexible on number at this time but will look into players before I decide for sure. However, count me in! I already have plans to wear this jersey to the Final Five Gopher games next year, unless of course they are playing the Fighting Sioux.

Yes, I'm interested in Reinhardt's jersey too. I'd pay a deposit if I can have it over Nodakvindy. :lol: I only want it if it says Reinhardt on the back and #14. When he scored the first goal last Friday the first thing that came to mind after the elation, was a book I used to read and assimilate with when I was a kid. It was called, "Reinhardt lifts." It was a book about this puny kid that felt bad about being so scrawny and overcame the odds and won the end of the year weight lifting competition.

Nodakvindy, you've just got to let me have this one. Please?

Or wait, how do you think Holy Cross would feel if we asked to auction some of the jerseys? Not just $200? :lol:

No name on the back. HC is old school. Just the number 14.

For those that haven't listened to the full game tape of the Holy Cross-Minnesota game, the student announcers had a very interesting observation that I think tells half the story of the game. According to them, during the Thursday Holy Cross skate around, a Gopher hockey player was asking the Holy Cross people who their best players were, who is their starting goalie, etc. Now I am not a coach, but it sure seems to me that the day before a game in the regional your team should sure as hell know who the key players are, who the primary goalie is and his strengths and weaknesses. This certainly leads to a conclusion that Minnesota did not scout the team or review game tapes of Holy Cross. They were focused on Saturday.

The other half of the story is a quote from a Gopher player after the game: "We deserve better than this!"

One need not say more. Minnesota, from coaches on down, clearly overlooked Holy Cross and thought that this game would be a cake walk handed to them. Combine that with the poor showing in the games that didn't count, and the Gophers were ripe to be had.

Just sent this to the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio (1520 AM in Grand Forks). They have a weekly feature called "Homer Call Of The Week". Hopefully they will pick up on it and put it on their show on Monday AM.

Dan/Show Killer,

Here's an awesome candidate for homer call of the week. It could be the biggest upset in NCAA college hockey history! The game was the NCAA College Hockey West Regional in Grand Forks, ND covered by ESPNU last Friday March 24th. #1 Minnesota Gophers against the Holy Cross Crusaders. Being held in Grand Forks the home of the (HUGE gopher rivals) University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux. The game went into overtime tied 3-3. Less than a minute in the Crusaders scored and sent the gophers packing. Great moment for Holy Cross!! Great moment for the Sioux Fans who were there to see their rivals lose in OT before taking the ice against the Michigan Wolverines!

Take a listen to the clip! Classic!!

http://college.holycross.edu/wchc/hockey.htm

Thanks,

Tim

For those that haven't listened to the full game tape of the Holy Cross-Minnesota game, the student announcers had a very interesting observation that I think tells half the story of the game. According to them, during the Thursday Holy Cross skate around, a Gopher hockey player was asking the Holy Cross people who their best players were, who is their starting goalie, etc. Now I am not a coach, but it sure seems to me that the day before a game in the regional your team should sure as hell know who the key players are, who the primary goalie is and his strengths and weaknesses. This certainly leads to a conclusion that Minnesota did not scout the team or review game tapes of Holy Cross. They were focused on Saturday.

I know for a fact that they reviewed game tapes of Holy Cross. The reason I know this is because me and my family were almost the ones who drove up to Grand Forks with the tapes to give to Lucia personally. They were supposed to get the tapes earlier in the week but they came late. My brother is very close to the program and they knew we were driving up there so they were gonna give the tapes to us to give to Lucia. But then someone else in the program ended up doing it instead. They knew very well who their star players were and who was the starting goalie. We're talking about Don Lucia, a coach who has 4 macnaughtons, 2 broamoor trophies, and 2 NCAA titles. He's not going to overlook anyone in a tourney format. Plus, that takes away from Holy Cross's effort. They played well and that's why they won. But they definitely scouted Holy Cross with game tapes.

I know for a fact that they reviewed game tapes of Holy Cross. The reason I know this is because me and my family were almost the ones who drove up to Grand Forks with the tapes to give to Lucia personally. They were supposed to get the tapes earlier in the week but they came late. My brother is very close to the program and they knew we were driving up there so they were gonna give the tapes to us to give to Lucia. But then someone else in the program ended up doing it instead. They knew very well who their star players were and who was the starting goalie. We're talking about Don Lucia, a coach who has 4 macnaughtons, 2 broamoor trophies, and 2 NCAA titles. He's not going to overlook anyone in a tourney format. Plus, that takes away from Holy Cross's effort. They played well and that's why they won. But they definitely scouted Holy Cross with game tapes.

is bucksieve the don himself? :lol:

is bucksieve the don himself? ;)

:lol: I know, it sounds like a strange story but it's true. It seems weird that the game tapes of HC would be driven up there by a family of gopher fans but that's what almost happened. That would have been pretty cool actually. And no, I'm not the Don. :lol:

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that Lucia said that they didn't get to review tapes because they game late or something similar and that's one of the reasons they lost to HC

Well I do know that they got the tapes on Thursday afternoon or early evening. I'm assuming they went through them with the players but maybe there wasn't enough time. But I do know they got 'em. They were supposed to get them early in the week and I'm not sure why they came so late. But now at least we have an excuse! :lol: Just kidding.

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that Lucia said that they didn't get to review tapes because they game late or something similar and that's one of the reasons they lost to HC

To be bluntly honest, and repetitive, MN lost because the players didn't show up, and the Holy Cross players did. MN looked uninspired. I watched the clip of the OT goal, and whatever RP was doing when he got the puck stolen, it wasn't typical of the kind of play you would expect from him.

To be bluntly honest, and repetitive, MN lost because the players didn't show up, and the Holy Cross players did. MN looked uninspired. I watched the clip of the OT goal, and whatever RP was doing when he got the puck stolen, it wasn't typical of the kind of play you would expect from him.

Not gonna argue with that. Just telling about the tapes and what Lucia said (or what I read he said).

I watched the clip of the OT goal, and whatever RP was doing when he got the puck stolen, it wasn't typical of the kind of play you would expect from him.

I noticed that, too. I was quite surprised, to say the least.