SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Radio Highlights

KirkEisenbeis

I will not be wearing it on DanceMania. Do you think they'd show me in that jersey at the Gopher Invitational? And even if they did, I'd never win. Oh no, I've got MUCH BETTER plans.

Fabulous. Please just don't do the rump-shaker again.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be interested in a previous years jersey for $150. I would like dibs on McGregor or Quesseda(sp?) if one of their is available. Also would like to have it signed, again, if possible.

I already called Quesadilla's (#35) a couple days ago. :lol: You can have McGregor's though. :D

I will not be wearing it on DanceMania. Do you think they'd show me in that jersey at the Gopher Invitational? And even if they did, I'd never win. Oh no, I've got MUCH BETTER plans.

The only reason I am not getting mine signed is that I plan to wear it every Friday AM during pick up hockey with a bunch of Gopher fans. Figured that the signatures wouldn't hold up to well if it is being washed. That said, I've never had a signed jersey. Do the signatures hold up when washed??? If so, I may change my mind on this.

The only reason I am not getting mine signed is that I plan to wear it every Friday AM during pick up hockey with a bunch of Gopher fans. Figured that the signatures wouldn't hold up to well if it is being washed. That said, I've never had a signed jersey. Do the signatures hold up when washed??? If so, I may change my mind on this.

Why not have someone embroider over the signature with black or dark Green thread? Granted, it wouldn't be the actual signature, however, it would add some significant longevity to the signature ... :lol:

Why not have someone embroider over the signature with black or dark Green thread? Granted, it wouldn't be the actual signature, however, it would add some significant longevity to the signature ... :lol:

If anyone did this, I'd be forced to stab them in the throat with a wooden spoon.

I got a Genoway green for $350. It's a funny market. Some folks like some players and numbers more than others. Same with colors. Why Colby did not fly by my top dollar of $350 is beyond me.

Too bad I can't afford it.

Hey 7>4 . . . . That'll be a blast sporting that HC jersey on the ice. You get one big enough so it will be fluttering like a flag in 30 mph winds as you make one of your patented end-to-end rushes?

Hopefully, the HC crowd will be smart enough to use the right ink for the signatures. Some pens are perfect. Others are not.

I got a Genoway green for $350. It's a funny market. Some folks like some players and numbers more than others. Same with colors. Why Colby did not fly by my top dollar of $350 is beyond me.

Too bad I can't afford it.

Hey 7>4 . . . . That'll be a blast sporting that HC jersey on the ice. You get one big enough so it will be fluttering like a flag in 30 mph winds as you make one of your patented end-to-end rushes?

Hopefully, the HC crowd will be smart enough to use the right ink for the signatures. Some pens are perfect. Others are not.

What pens are perfect, NDH? something other than an over-the-counter Sharpie?

If anyone did this, I'd be forced to stab them in the throat with a wooden spoon.

What pens are perfect, NDH? something other than an over-the-counter Sharpie?

Hence the reasoning behind embroidery and taking a wooden spoon in the neck ... :lol:

If I'm gonna have the jersey mounted behind glass ... I'd leave the sig original (preferably with a fabric marker), however if I'm gonna where the thing proudly for years ... I want longevity ... I can't afford to buy a new jersey every time the sig gets too faded ... :D

I have seen some things signed with the black sharpies and when washed the color fades to a brown. :D I wouldnt recommend washing it.

Wear it wash it and don't worry about it. The value in this jersey isn't the autograph, it's the jersey and the ability to inflict pain on your Gophers buddies.

I have seen some things signed with the black sharpies and when washed the color fades to a brown. :D I wouldnt recommend washing it.

use a Fabric pen ... they still fade but will take a heck of a lot more washing than a Sharpie ... at least on Cotton ... I don't know about on a nylon jersey ... ;)

I've used fabric pens with my kids for school projects you can get them at craft or fabric stores... (I still like the idea of embroidering them to make them truely permanent ...) :lol:

or http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/3262-AA.shtml

Wear it wash it and don't worry about it. The value in this jersey isn't the autograph, it's the jersey and the ability to inflict pain on your Gophers buddies.

Well put Sagard. I agree. Keep it unsigned. Now if I can only convince the rink manager to play the HC play-by-play replay over the PA. Just some friendly payback after living through the back-to-back years of 02-03.

Two thoughts, my friends:

1. If your "jersey coordinator" is moving out of the area to Colorado, why not consider having HC send the jerseys to the UND bookstore? Or are you trying to keep them out of the loop? (They wouldn't try to sell the HC jerseys would they? :lol: ) After all, I was going to suggest to the HC bookstore that they should cut a deal with the Fighting Sioux's bookstore and sell HC apparel there (hockey, of course).

2. Some of the Holy Cross fans on their board thought it would be great if you guys were to come east and play us next season. Though our on-campus "arena" is very small and seats only about 1,200 but we had about 2,000 at the conference playoffs, we have access to a large arena in Worcester, MA, until about 2 years ago the 2nd largest city in New England, smaller only than Boston. The DCU arena seats, I believe upwards of 12,000 and the hockey fans in New England, not just HC fans would flock to the game (especially if you go all the way or at least beat BC). I can assure you that the folks in Massachusetts (I live in Rhode Island, smallest state in the union) would do all in their power to try to match your hospitality.

Those purple jerseys would look really sharp with silver autographs on them.

I'm actually hoping they all sign on the white part of the HC logo. I think that would look best. It would frame best, too, for those doing that.

7>4, do you live in the cities? My boss is a gopher fan who plays hockey every friday morning. I wonder if you play with him.

if any thanks are necessary, it's to you and to this woman at the bookstore who is arranging it. You and she have gone above and beyond the call of duty to get us these AWESOME jerseys
She definitely deserves a big thank you for all she is doing for us! As for me, don't worry about it. It's been fun and people have already expressed their thanks. :D

Also, do you have anyone around this area that would be able to assist you in dealing with the shipment of these jerseys? I'd hate so see them shipped all the way out the Colorado and then have to be shipped back out this way. The extra cost should be able to be avoided.

I agree, this is a great idea! I've only received addresses from about 1/2 of the people, as I think the rest just sent their addresses with the money. But so far it looks like there are 5 people in ND, 3 people in Minnesota/St. Paul area, 2 in Colorado, and 1 in Alabama. It sounds like the best bet is to have one box sent to Grand Forks and one box sent to Minneapolis/St. Paul. YaneA is right on the UND campus and would be a good person for GF. Runningwiththedogs, if you're still ok with taking the ones in MN that's cool with me. We'll just have to figure out how to work out how the rest of us will get them.

Some of the Holy Cross fans on their board thought it would be great if you guys were to come east and play us next season.

If it were up to Sioux fans, it would happen in an instant! ;) I think it would be fun to set up a non-conference game against Holy Cross in the future, ala Canisius (I miss my Wookie... :lol: )

Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow which #'s will be available for the jerseys of past seasons.

If it were up to Sioux fans, it would happen in an instant! :D I think it would be fun to set up a non-conference game against Holy Cross in the future, ala Canisius (I miss my Wookie... :lol: )

Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow which #'s will be available for the jerseys of past seasons.

An ideal scanario would have the Sioux making a trip and playing BU or BC at Fenway on a Friday night and then taking on Holy Cross at the DCU Center on Saturday night. I think the UND-BC rivalry will help make the Fenway game a reality.

Runningwiththedogs, if you're still ok with taking the ones in MN that's cool with me. We'll just have to figure out how to work out how the rest of us will get them.

I'm good to go with that. I'll arrange something, maybe at Senser's, who knows. Let me know who the Twin Cities people are once you get everyone's addresses, and I'll PM them.

So now instead of seeing a bunch of green jerseys at Mariucci next season we're gonna see a bunch of people wearing "bible thumper" jerseys? ;):D

That will make a point though, hopefully by that point of the season most fans will have forgotten or tried to forget about that game but wearing those jerseys will place the daggers in the same place they were March 24th. :D

You guys and gals are brutal. :D