SiouxSports.com Forum

MILWAUKEE here we come!

AZSIOUX

Vaht!!!! :lol:

Did you even read the name and topic description for this thread. Quit being such an antagonist, YOU ARE NOT MICHAEL PRPICH!!! :love:

Apologies to all.......It appeared as if all these threads were supposed to turn into UND/UMN whinefests, so I didn't want to stray from normal course.........

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped drinking and partying about 2 years ago. But anything on Water street is fine. Water Street Brewery, Brew City Barbeque, Art's Performing Center (NOT). Plus Goolesby's in nice for sports and drinking.

This may sound strange, but I had the best grilled cheese sandwich of my life at the Water Street Brewery. Kind of cliche, but they have some damn good cheese in Wisconsin. Their microbrews are also very tasty. Their burgers are also very good.

The Miller plant is mostly a pretty boring tour - mostly behind plexiglass, but the last time I did it they did bring us to the caves where they used to store the beer, that was pretty cool. If you want a real brewery tour, stop in Chippewa Falls and tour the Leine's factory.

Wisconsin has earned their reputation as being a state full of fat alcoholics. At least they have fun.

Wish I could attend this year. Damn pregnant wife :love:

This may sound strange, but I had the best grilled cheese sandwich of my life at the Water Street Brewery. Kind of cliche, but they have some damn good cheese in Wisconsin. Their microbrews are also very tasty. Their burgers are also very good.

The Miller plant is mostly a pretty boring tour - mostly behind plexiglass, but the last time I did it they did bring us to the caves where they used to store the beer, that was pretty cool. If you want a real brewery tour, stop in Chippewa Falls and tour the Leine's factory.

Wisconsin has earned their reputation as being a state full of fat alcoholics. At least they have fun.

Wish I could attend this year. Damn pregnant wife :lol:

that's what happens when you poke fun at someone!! :sad::love:

I do have a question. We are coming on Amtrak and staying at the Ramada Inn downtown. On the map it looks like it is just a few blocks walk to the hotel, but it crosses 794. Is there a way to walk across? It is hard to tell on a map. :love:

Yes, you go under the freeway there. That whole area is going to be redone in a few years. It is kind of rough right now. Word to the wise, there is a bus terminal across from the Ramada. Lots of transient characters. Watch your belongings, and take the street to the arena by going out of the front hotel door and to the RIGHT. Much better view and less panhandlers.

Wish I could attend this year. Damn pregnant wife :love:

I don't know if my buddy can handle those microbrews. Last time we did that was @ CC. He tumbled down 5 rows on a missed high five after the Sioux scored. It was pretty funny. I don't think I will get him to try the micro's again.

I got an email about the UND pep rally before the game on thurs. $10 covers food...ham and turkey sandwiches I think on Thurs and chicken strips on Sat. Last year it was pretty fun, band played, Eddy was there and signed a few (many) autographs. The employees were all decked out in Sioux jerseys. Door prizes. Who's going to that?

I got an email about the UND pep rally before the game on thurs. $10 covers food...ham and turkey sandwiches I think on Thurs and chicken strips on Sat. Last year it was pretty fun, band played, Eddy was there and signed a few (many) autographs. The employees were all decked out in Sioux jerseys. Door prizes. Who's going to that?

Where's the pep rally? Can't miss that! Anyone know anything about the Ambassador Hotel? Is it okay, is location okay? If anyone knows of availability of a hotel closer to the arena, I'd appreciate a shout.

Thanks.

Go Sioux!

Where's the pep rally? Can't miss that! Anyone know anything about the Ambassador Hotel? Is it okay, is location okay? If anyone knows of availability of a hotel closer to the arena, I'd appreciate a shout.

Thanks.

Go Sioux!

Post #31 this thread. :lol:

Thanks.

Go Sioux!

Hopefully it's as nice and luxurious as the Ambassador Hotel in Grand Forks!!!!! :lol:

I was told that Water Street has a lot of cool pubs and brewerys including a place called The Lodge as in Lennie's Lodge. Friday could be a long day of checking all of those places out. There is also a piano bar (Lucille's Rockin' Pianos) that also looks like a cool place.

Are most folks staying downtown?

And while I am asking questions, anyone know where the Sioux are staying?

Thanks in advance for your input.

GO SIOUX!

What are some hotels located downtown near the Bradley Center? If the scenario plays out Sioux win and Badger lose I expect there to be tickets and hotel rooms available for Saturday night so I'm going to make the trek from St Paul and pretty much make phone calls the entire way until I get a hotel and hopefully some tickets if I haven't gotten them already. Much to my wife's displeasure she is being forced to come with along with my 15 month old son. She thinks I'm crazy but I told her unless she wants to hear for the next 20 years how I never went to the game she better get her suitcase packed. I really really hope the scenario plays out right.

I was told that Water Street has a lot of cool pubs and brewerys including a place called The Lodge as in Lennie's Lodge. Friday could be a long day of checking all of those places out. There is also a piano bar (Lucille's Rockin' Pianos) that also looks like a cool place.

GO SIOUX!

According to the GF paper today the Sioux are staying at the Wyndham hotel downtown. Address etc. can be found online.

What are the drinking laws in Wisconsin? Bar closing time? Liquor stores or grocery stores for beer? That one really messed us up in NY. Closing time of off-sale?

Bars close at 2:00 except Fri & Sat night they can stay open until 2:30. The off sale laws vary by county, but most cut off early 9 or 10 - after that it is 3.2 beer or nothing. You can get off sale (beer) in the grocery stores.

In WI you can legally drink in a bar/restaurant at the age of 18, if you are accompanied by a parent or a spouse - over 21.

GO SIOUX!

The ramada is the closest and cheapest to the bradley center. The Pfister is the place to go to impress your wife. Also, try the Hyatt, which is right near the Bradley, has a revolving restaurant, and may even have a pool.

Thanks.

Go Sioux!

Ambassador hotel is newly remodeled, quite nice, but on 23rd and wisconsin, which can get a little sketchy. not a problem if you stay on wisconsin when walking. you can take a bus to the game, but the wisc ave bridge is out so the buses turn north and go on wells. get off at about 6th and wells and go north to the bradley center.

by car, just take wells street east all the way down to 6th. turn left and on the northeast corner of 6th and state is a parking structure, the closest to the bradley.

the pep rally is at the saloon i just mentioned, according to annother message i read yesterday.

weather is good, looks like low 50's during the day. brewers are in town on friday. the stadium is new and very nice.

also, check out the milwaukee journal sentinell on the web today. nice article on tony h. the '87 hobey baker winner from UND who is a coach of the Milwaukee Admirals. The guy won the the NCAA, the Stanely and the Halder cup. Wow.

It's a great day for hockey here. Kids can attend the rally, but have to pay if over 5. I think it is all ten dollars. Sioux practice in 2.5 hours. Have to buy a camera. My wife has been checking about free transportation like other cities do for the Frozen Four but no success yet. Everybody get here.