SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux v Crusaders

southpaw

Sparky post game comments:

Nice to get back to FF.

Little disappointment after last year, but now we get another chance.

It's been a fun year. We're winning and we're having fun.

Holy Cross was tough. Played with heart. They surprised many people. They're a good team.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prpich post game comments.

Sweet feeling right now. Pretty soon, it will sink in that we're going back to the FF.

Not too hard to focus on this game. They're a better team than most people give them credit for.

We do our part, and the freshman put the puck in the net. Some of the things Oshie, Duncan, and Toews do with the puck is amazing.

Crowd was great this weekend. Fed off their energy.

TH just said some of the HC Seniors such as MacGregor have come out to their bench still in their uniforms, sipping on Powerade, remembering and not wanting to let go of the the biggest hockey weekend of their lives.

He probably hasn't thought that he'll be the answer to a college hockey trivia question. Props to Holy Cross on playing a great weekend of hockey. They definitely have nothing to feel bad about. They beat Minnesota, and hung in the game with the Sioux for more than 2 periods.

Email sent. ;)

Anyways, my thoughts on the game:

Forwards: Wow were they buzzing in the first period and parts of the second and third. A little bit of a let down in the second and our D got tested. Oshie was amazing tonight. The NCAA blowhards were very complimentary of him. Toews is an INCREDIBLE passer, but he passes too much! He had a shot at a second goal but instead he tried to pass it and it was broken up. Stafford did a good job and Zajac was very good including the tip in for the goal. 4 power play goals tonight and 1 five on five. Our power play has really come into the zone in the post season. We need to keep it up. Watkins, Kaip, and Porter really played well. To be honest, I was hoping Prpich would get a point. He was all over the place all game long though.

Defense: Smaby, you ROCK THE D@MN HOUSE BABY!!!! Some HUUUUGE hits and a GOAL!!! You rock. Radke, Jones, and Chorney looked solid out there. Lee was steady as he goes. I think he did pretty well tonight. I don't remember who turned over the puck for the first Holy Cross goal, I hope it wasn't Lee, but we recovered pretty well after that. Jones' first penalty was a bad call. His second penalty was the second dumbest penalty of the night after Kaip's penalty.

Goaltending: Jordan left the net too far once and it cost us. Yeah, it was flukey, but still, I think it could have been avoided. However, he's still quite solid. I'm digging his play right now.

Coaching: 2 Frozen Fours in 2 years as Head Coach. Any more questions about Hakstol? Yeah, I thought not.

Even though they lost tonight, I can't help but REALLY appreciate Holy Cross as a team and a program. Coach Pearl is classy. Their players played with such heart and determination. I admire that program greatly and wish them the best in what will surely be a reloading year for them next year (They lose 7 players including Quesada, the goaltender). Hats off to the true Cinderella team of the 2006 NCAA Regional Tournement.

Now we're off to play a Boston College team that is younger than we are, has the same amount of momentum we have, and has yet to allow a goal in this Tournement. I am confident that, if we get past Boston College we'll have a really good shot at #8. However, I think we're going to be in for something in Milwaukee. Let's go give it our best shot to open up April and let's keep this good season going!

To quote Hennessy on the radio "TJ Oshie Is there a more dynamic player - even a Senior in this League ?"

NO

He is indescribable. You just sit there every game and say wow.

Which is why there is a new shirt available for purchase!!!! *hint* *hint* *hint* Look down. ;) ;)

He probably hasn't thought that he'll be the answer to a college hockey trivia question. Props to Holy Cross on playing a great weekend of hockey. They definitely have nothing to feel bad about. They beat Minnesota, and hung in the game with the Sioux for more than 2 periods.

What a great weekend for Holy Cross. Could you imagine playing for them, probably getting about 1,000 people at your home games all year, then coming to the Ralph and playing a 'home' game in front of 12,000 - upsetting the Gophers and sending the crowd into a frenzy?

Then, you show up the 2nd night and give the Sioux a run. Their last game of the year, and for some, the last game of their careers will be played in the palace.

I think I'd sit on the bench and soak it all up as long as I could, too! Congrats to Holy Cross on a great weekend.

While HC played like a team with nothing to lose, UND did more standing around than they maybe should have. What kicked the team into motion tonight were Crusader goals. Maybe a *tiny* emotional drop from the high they left with Mich.

However, they scored when they needed to, competed hard, and most importantly GOT THE JOB DONE!

I'm hoping to see the onslaught that they brought against Michigan for the BC game...they'll need it.

From watching on TV I didn't think the Sioux had quite the same jump and flow as they did last night. Were the Sioux playing down a little? Or was Holy Cross just a better team than many of us gave them credit for.

They did do some very good things. They seemed to clog the front of the net a lot, and they got close on a number of opportunities.

You have to give them credit. IMO the final score of tonite's game was NOT indicative of how close this game really was.

Curious to hear from the fans in the stands and see what they perceived live.

From watching on TV I didn't think the Sioux had quite the same jump and flow as they did last night. Were the Sioux playing down a little? Or was Holy Cross just a better team than many of us gave them credit for.

They did do some very good things. They seemed to clog the front of the net a lot, and they got close on a number of opportunities.

You have to give them credit. IMO the final score of tonite's game was NOT indicative of how close this game really was.

Curious to hear from the fans in the stands and see what they perceived live.

Prpich said in the post game that they're a lot tougher team than what people give them credit for. How can you argue with it. They beat Minnesota and played us tough. Yeah, they had some ugly scores earlier in the year, but they were playing their best hockey when it counted the most. However, I do agree that we weren't the same team tonight that we were last night. Don't know if that's because of Holy Cross, or because of some other reason. Last night, we simply looked like the best in the nation.

Congrats to Jonathan Toews on earning MOP of the tournament. The WCHA committee who selected the WCHA All-Rookie team are most likely saying to themselves, "Boy, are we a bunch of dumb a$$es!" ;)

Hey, who are you calling a dumb ass? ;);)

The media jackals voted for the all-tournament team and the MOP. The only guy I voted for who didn't make it was Travis Zajac. I thought his specialty teams play was outstanding all weekend long. But it was a tough vote.

Hey, who are you calling a dumb ass? ;);)

The media jackals voted for the all-tournament team and the MOP. The only guy I voted for who didn't make it was Travis Zajac. I thought his specialty teams play was outstanding all weekend long. But it was a tough vote.

He was talking about the WCHA All-Rookie team. Did you vote for that one, too?

Oops. No.

I am a dumb ass. ;)

But not completely. Good choice on the vote for Zajac, although it's not just all weekend that his specialty teams play was outstanding, it was all year long. He's the single best penalty killer I've ever seen.

I remember the first exhibition game last year against Manitoba. He was out on a penalty kill and nearly killed off a full minute by himself behind the Manitoba net. I was in awe. I'm so glad it wasn't just a fluke performance.