SiouxSports.com Forum

Other Tournament Games

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rpot is pretty shook up.

So, how long will it take for Ryan to sign? Will he make it unsigned until the Frozen Four? Will he remain unsigned on Monday?

Seriously, that guy is gone. Just gone.

Congrats to Holy Cross. They came out and they proved something. Even if they don't make the Frozen Four they go back to Worcester, Mass knowing that they came out to the Palace in the Plains and the slew Goliath. They proved something.

Also, this is REALLY going to help Holy Cross in recruiting and AHA in respectability. They have a long way to go, sure, but it was a MAJOR step.

I think they should have celebrated a little with the McNaughton. The Gophers didn't adjust to the way the game was being called. Too much energy wasted killing penalties.

Good for Holy Cross they deserved the win. It hurts, but if your going to win some famous games, your probably going to lose some as well.

The Sioux need to get it done tonite. The door to the Frozen Four just opened wide and they need to take advantage of it.

Wow.

Holy Cross just beat the tournament favorite Gophers.

With all due respect, keep your mouth shut. Sure, they may have left EVERYTHING on the ice tonight and may be worn out tomorrow for whoever they play, but they still beat the Gophers. That's not easy to do without some talent and some heart.

As for me, I may have a rough day at work on Monday. My boss is a Gopher fan who said "you just jinxed us" after I informed him how Woog said that this was the only game where an upset is nearly impossible.

Rpot is pretty shook up.

So, how long will it take for Ryan to sign? Will he make it unsigned until the Frozen Four? Will he remain unsigned on Monday?

Seriously, that guy is gone. Just gone.

Congrats to Holy Cross. They came out and they proved something. Even if they don't make the Frozen Four they go back to Worcester, Mass knowing that they came out to the Palace in the Plains and the slew Goliath. They proved something.

Also, this is REALLY going to help Holy Cross in recruiting and AHA in respectability. They have a long way to go, sure, but it was a MAJOR step.

Bobby Clark just asked how many Ns in Potulnnnny

Here's an e-mail I sent this morning to The Sicatoka, who's been predicting a Gopher upset since last weekend.

As close as the auto-bid patsies have come to knocking off number-one seeds, it's only a matter of time before it actually happens.

Who is more ripe for picking than Minnesota?

You know one of my favorite Clausewitz sayings: "The moral is to the physical as three is to one."

As I was sitting in the Xcel Center last Friday night watching Potulny score right in front of me with 14 seconds left to tie SCSU, a thought crossed my mind: What if the Gophers lose?

When the Gophers came from three goals down to tie the Huskies, every Gopher player, coach and fan in the building assumed that if Minnesota tied the game, their team would win it. In their minds, it was a foregone conclusion. They were going to win. End of story.

The Gophers were simply too good to lose to a team like Jan Brady State. The Huskies were set up as the patsies. They were supposed to be a pushover for The Great and Glorious Preordained National Champion Minnesota Golden Gophers.

And the Gophers don't lose at the X to patsies. Minnesota doesn't score 7 goals and lose. It just doesn't happen. It can't happen. It's physically impossible.

But it did happen. And it happened on a shot that 99.99 percent of the goalies playing in the NCAA would have easily stopped.

So even before Hartman's shot went in, I was thinking about the "what if?" I was considering the impact that such a loss would have on the team's morale. And on Saturday against the Badgers, I saw it.

The Gophers looked and played like shells of their former selves. Playing their most hated rivals in all the world couldn't snap them out of it. Playing in the X before a largely pro-Minnesota crowd made no difference. The Gophers showed more life and more spark playing in last year's "meaningless" third place game against UND.

If, after today, Minnesota is done for the season, I will not pretend to be surprised.

Lucia is blaming the lateness of the tapes. He's giving excuses. And before you jump all over that, what would you do if you were Don? Come out and say "Hey, we suck!" Yeah, maybe some of you would because of your bias, but there's really nothing Don could say other than "Congrats to Holy Cross."

Here's an e-mail I sent this morning to The Sicatoka, who's been predicting a Gopher upset since last weekend.

I started making that prediction last Sunday! Okay, I don't think I put in the logic behind my reasoning, and was going by sure hope, like everyone else, but if I have to, I'll go back on this board and find that first post! :angry:

Hey PCM, I think it's great you're touching base on the forum considering how busy you are tonight. Thanks for your insights straight from the Ralph!

I wouldn't get toooo cocky yet people. We still have a game to play tonight too. A little cocky is okay though. :angry:

The only think I want to know is, does crow taste better if you add a little hot sauce to it? :lol:

I wish I could see some of the cocky Gopher fans that sat near me at the X now!

Holy Cross just beat the tournament favorite Gophers.

With all due respect, keep your mouth shut. Sure, they may have left EVERYTHING on the ice tonight and may be worn out tomorrow for whoever they play, but they still beat the Gophers. That's not easy to do without some talent and some heart.

As for me, I may have a rough day at work on Monday. My boss is a Gopher fan who said "you just jinxed us" after I informed him how Woog said that this was the only game where an upset is nearly impossible.

Well, let me be clear. It's not that I'm assuming that the Sioux are automatically in if they win tonite. However, you tell me, would you rather play MN or HC tomorrow. Can lightning strike twice? Will our team overlook HC IF they make the game tomorrow?

I guess that's what I was getting at.

The only think I want to know is, does crow taste better if you add a little hot sauce to it? :lol:

I wish I could see some of the cocky Gopher fans that sat near me at the X now!

I wouldn't. They'd probably be too drunk enough to have self control and do something they'd probably regret. No, I'm not saying they're classless (though they may be), but alcohol has a tendency to bring out the ***hole in anyone.

I heard a lot of Gopher fans saying "we'll see you at the ralph next weekend" when I was leaving the X after the Sioux won the Broadmoor.

This is nice.

Now the Sioux HAVE to take care of business. The path to the FF just opened up in front of them. Time to take advantage.

Hey PCM, I think it's great you're touching base on the forum considering how busy you are tonight. Thanks for your insights straight from the Ralph!

I'm just happy to be here. The atmosphere is electric.

Hey, I just saw the Pontiac arrowhead logo on the scoreboard at the start of an NCAA commercial. I think I'm offended! :angry:

Lucia is blaming the lateness of the tapes. He's giving excuses. And before you jump all over that, what would you do if you were Don? Come out and say "Hey, we suck!" Yeah, maybe some of you would because of your bias, but there's really nothing Don could say other than "Congrats to Holy Cross."

On radio or on tv? What was he saying?