SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS MICHIGAN

AZSIOUX

Secondly, while the Sioux celebrated the Final Five championship, they didn't seem to act like it was the end of the year. It wasn't an over the top celebration, and they didn't skate the trophy around the rink (to our chagrin) like we've seen in past Final Fives. To me, that's an indication that they are more focused on the task in front of them that celebrating the past.

I agree 100% dagies. It was nice to see players like Duncan and Oshie score, get some quick hugs from teammates, then go back to business. No wild celebrations and no jersey pops. Act like you've been there before and it's not the last time you'll score a goal. Bigger things lie ahead for this team. Nice work by the players and good job coaching by Dave Hakstol.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that quite a few 109 tickets have been available lately. Hopefully its gone to mostly Sioux fans. I was in 116 when I bought tickets last fall, but got a call that my tickets in 116 would not work, so they moved me to 109 (row c also). Guess we'll be rather close to each other.

I just went on Ticketmaster and the best available for two seats was in the 300's. What's the best way to try and get lower level tix? Any singles looking to sit next to a fellow fan?

I agree 100% dagies. It was nice to see players like Duncan and Oshie score, get some quick hugs from teammates, then go back to business. No wild celebrations and no jersey pops. Act like you've been there before and it's not the last time you'll score a goal. Bigger things lie ahead for this team. Nice work by the players and good job coaching by Dave Hakstol.

The Fighting Sioux are all business this past weekend, there was no extra b.s. at all when they scored they celebrated for a short period of time then returned to the face off circle. You didn't see them show boating or flying up against the glass. I have a good feeling about this team.

When I was looking at the possible brackets before last weekend's Final Five I predicted we would get either Michigan on Boston College for our first game. I really didn't want to play either of those teams because they have seemed to be our nemesis in the past. Now that we have Michigan all I can say is at least it's not at the Yost!

I'm afraid of Michigan but still think we can beat them. Michigan is super young too and the difference for them is their goaltending has been suspect and their young defensemen have been inconsistent. If we play like we have the past few weekends and don't put Michigan on a lot of pwer plays we can win this game.

Michigan is 3rd in the ocuntry in team offense averaging 3.65 gpg but they give up over 3 gpg too.

I'm not looking forward to a Saturday game. I'm just worried about Michigan.

Michigan has neither the firepower nor the goaltending to stay with UND, I have watched them a number of times this year. Jack Johnson is a stud, but slim pickings other than that, it should be a 2-3 goal UND victory. Hopefully the UM can pull their heads together and win the first game so we can get UND vs MN, but right now I am not so sure that will happen.

MICHIGAN LEADING SCORERS

hensick 17/35 52pts

ebbett 14/28 42pts

porter 17/21 38pts

kolarik 11/26 37pts

johnson 10/20 32pts

hunwick 11/18 29pts

kaleniecki 17/11 28pts

cogliano 12/16 28pts

looks to me like they have some firepower!! It's gonna be on the 6 D and Jordie to make sure that this set of stats doesn't change more than 1 or 2 points, and it's gonna be on the rest of the team to score more goals than michigan does!!!

LET"S DO THIS!!!

GO SIOUX!!

Looks like Michigan will be a test for the defense.

Some bright spots from this past weekend that bode well for the future, IMO.

From what I've seen either in person or on TV it seems that Watkins, Kaip and Lee are played at a higher level this weekend than they have yet this year. Considering the absence of Stafford it really helps to see some guys step up a notch. Especially Watkins and Lee seemed to play with more assertiveness and confidence that I'd seen recently.

We will need those continued contributions on Friday.

I've only seen Michigan a few times, but they seem undisciplined and very inconsistant. Part of that has to do with their goaltending no doubt. Michigan will play a very good game, but I don't see them as dangerous of an opponent as BC with Schnieder.

From Siouxtatoo42.

SCORERS

hensick 17/35 52pts

ebbett 14/28 42pts

porter 17/21 38pts

kolarik 11/26 37pts

johnson 10/20 32pts

hunwick 11/18 29pts

kaleniecki 17/11 28pts

cogliano 12/16 28pts

looks to me like they have some firepower!! It's gonna be on the 6 D and Jordie to make sure that this set of stats doesn't change more than 1 or 2 points, and it's gonna be on the rest of the team to score more goals than michigan does!!!

LET"S DO THIS!!!

GO SIOUX!!

Remember they play in the CCHA, a much weaker league in my opinion. A league that isn't known for their strenght from top to bottom of their league like the WCHA is. Of course Michigan isn't no push over too, however, they haven't played that well the last half of the season losing to some weak teams like Ferris State and Nebraska Omaha and Lake State... UND is definately better in the goaltending department as thye have a senior that has only played like 4 playoff games in his career and he is like 3-1.

Someone with a far greater memory and hockey smarts than me has probably said it here before, but here is my three cents.

1. We ain't in any position to overlook this one. Gotta score first, and hopefully score often. There is some history, and some payback to be made.

2. Michigan is a storied program. Red is a legendary coach. They certainly have ability, and talent, CCHA schedule be damned. They will be ready. Of course, Hak, Brad, and Eades will have the Sioux ready to go as well, no doubt about that. We also have a storied program, and a legendary staff.

3. Sioux fans better be ready to cheer early and often. Blow the doors off of that fancy barn on Friday night. Let the winner of the Holy Cross/tUMTC, if they are in the buildings, feel that place shake.

It's gonna be a great night of hockey on Friday night, and with a little goodness, grace, and luck, an even better night of hockey on Saturday.

I was telling everyone back after the Lefty to buy your West Regionals then. I hope that everyone is well on board, and reasonably well situated. I suspect that the place has, by now, sold out or will soon sell out.

Tickets through the UND allotment are probably available. Git 'em. Be there, or be square.

One thing about all of our guys, they have been winners & winners come to play tournament time. & Man it is Fun to watch them play at their best. - & personally I don't think they have peaked yet, there is some talent still wanting to make a difference & gel at the same time.

This game will be a good match up. I saw Michigan play Ohio State this year, and Mich was flat the entire game, despite playing on home ice. (Something we see UND do every so often too) However, both teams will undoubtedly show up this Friday ready to play hard. But, if one team is flat for even one period, that team will lose.

Go Sioux!

Looks like Michigan will be a test for the defense.

Some bright spots from this past weekend that bode well for the future, IMO.

From what I've seen either in person or on TV it seems that Watkins, Kaip and Lee are played at a higher level this weekend than they have yet this year. Considering the absence of Stafford it really helps to see some guys step up a notch. Especially Watkins and Lee seemed to play with more assertiveness and confidence that I'd seen recently.

We will need those continued contributions on Friday.

I agree 100% Wouldn't it had been something if Kaip would have gotten a hat trick! Watkins has been progressing all season and Lee is starting to get more physical...it'll all come together this weekend.

Michigan will be tough, well-coached and balanced. If you look at those numbers, they spread out the goals like Lennin and Trotsky. MN on the other hand is a one trick pony. Look after Potulny's sick 38 goals and your next top goal scorer is Kessel with 17. I would have someone shadow Potulny the whole game. I couldn't believe it when SCSU let him get open at the bottom of the circle with the game on the line. Even Wooger made the comment that MN is relying way too heavily on the Potulny line. First things first though...Michigan.

I am so mad about this weekend, we are season ticket holders and ive missed 3 games since the palace opened and i have tickets to the games this weekend but my dumb School musical director scheduled the play this weekend on friday and saturday night and i have the main part!!!! :angry: I am pissed i was looking forward to these games since it was announced.

Well, good luck Sioux, Personally i think the attendance will be great and the fans will be going nuts. 6-3 on friday night.Hope Stafford will come back strong.

I am so mad about this weekend, we are season ticket holders and ive missed 3 games since the palace opened and i have tickets to the games this weekend but my dumb School musical director scheduled the play this weekend on friday and saturday night and i have the main part!!!! :angry: I am pissed i was looking forward to these games since it was announced.

Well, good luck Sioux, Personally i think the attendance will be great and the fans will be going nuts. 6-3 on friday night.Hope Stafford will come back strong.

more importantly.....how are you a theater geek and sports fan at the same time??? :lol: obviously joking.

Michigan will be tough, well-coached and balanced. If you look at those numbers, they spread out the goals like Lennin and Trotsky. MN on the other hand is a one trick pony. Look after Potulny's sick 38 goals and your next top goal scorer is Kessel with 17.

Minnesota is not a one trick pony. Irmen would have 25 goals had he not missed games due to injury. Minnesota has seven players with ten goals or more, while UND has six.

Minnesota is not a one trick pony. Irmen would have 25 goals had he not missed games due to injury. Minnesota has seven players with ten goals or more, while UND has six.

And if Zach Parise wouldn't have left two years early we'd be looking at a repeat right now.

I am so mad about this weekend, we are season ticket holders and ive missed 3 games since the palace opened and i have tickets to the games this weekend but my dumb School musical director scheduled the play this weekend on friday and saturday night and i have the main part!!!! :D I am pissed i was looking forward to these games since it was announced.

Sounds to me like, without you, the show doesn't go on. PRIORITIES!