SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Mavs - Game 3

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAY TO GO DOGS!!!!

Looks like there were a couple upsets in the first round assuming SCSU hangs on to finish CC. Dogs do the Sioux a favor and move the Sioux into the Friday afternoon game. Very nice. Thursday's game should be fairly exciting with decent crowds with UMD and SCSU fans there. Can't wait!

From what I saw on TV I thought Miller looked promising tonite. I thought for sure he was going to score on one chance, and had a couple of other nice moves where he just couldn't hold on to the puck. He definitely showed some puck skill.

I've said I've been waiting to see Watkins use his speed to his advantage and tonite there were a couple of opportunities where he seemed to turn on the jets. One going down the right wing and walked a defenseman but lost the puck as he was turning the corner to cut to the net. Really wanted to see him get that chance.

Being a Sioux fan, here comes the obligatory complaining about the refs that we do so much more than other fans of other programs: Not sure what the stripes were looking at when they missed the mav throwing his stick across the crease to thwart Spirko's scoring chance. I mean, there were only 3 guys in that end of the ice and one was Spirko and the other was the goalie. Not sure how they missed the stick.

Sure is a relief to see the boys finish this game off. Can't wait for the Five now.

All five Final Five teams within decent driving distance of St. Paul. Should be a barn burner of a tournament.

What a great weekend!!!!! The whole weekend explains why Sioux Hockey is THE sport!!

And I do sincerely apologize to the UMD fans when earlier this week I said they didn't stand a chance. Whooda thunk it could actually happen. Absolutely great for Scott Sandelin after a very tough season.

just got back from watching the game..great win for the guys!! cant wait til this friday vs wisconsin..great job by duluth to kock du out and hopefully knock them out of the ncaa's..

I know I cant wait until we play bucky because its two totally different teams from when we played them earlier in the season. And also i believe that the pios are done. What a night to be a sioux fan.

And I do sincerely apologize to the UMD fans when earlier this week I said they didn't stand a chance. Whooda thunk it could actually happen. Absolutely great for Scott Sandelin after a very tough season.

If you look at the previous 14 or so games, other than the win vs Wisco 4-1, and the 2-0 (1-0 with ENG) loss vs Minnesota, there's no way you could see this team winning 2 of 3 vs. 2-time defending Denver. I was at the series at REA, and basically declared their chances over after that weekend. The scoring offense has come alive this weekend, and Zigs is on fire! You never know how far a hot goaltender can carry you.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!![/size=7]

I can't believe it! I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE X! WE'RE GOING TO THE FINAL FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! WE BEAT STUPID DENVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE SIOUX WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING FINAL FIVE COMING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so great to come on the board and see all of you guys behind the 'Dogs. I know it's definitely a big deal for you guys, getting out of the play-in game, but it made me smile to see all you Sioux fans pulling for the little guys. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Testuwide picking a fight with Curry...he doesn't want that.

FYI Curry started it. I looooooooove him.

Whew! What a great weekend! I was home from Chicago to see the Sioux play Friday and Saturday. They were a great pair of games to see. Only wish I could have been to the Sunday game too.

Great job UMD and SCSU! What a great Final Five this year! Wooo, I'm so excited!!

Go Sioux!!!!

Quote: It is so great to come on the board and see all of you guys behind the 'Dogs. I know it's definitely a big deal for you guys, getting out of the play-in game, but it made me smile to see all you Sioux fans pulling for the little guys. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

I always cheer for Duluth when they aren't playing UND. Nice work making the Final Five! DU is DUn!! Hahahaha!!!

Quote: It is so great to come on the board and see all of you guys behind the 'Dogs. I know it's definitely a big deal for you guys, getting out of the play-in game, but it made me smile to see all you Sioux fans pulling for the little guys. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

I always cheer for Duluth when they aren't playing UND. Nice work making the Final Five! DU is DUn!! Hahahaha!!!

I'm with ya there. UMD is like our little brother for some reason. At least thats how I view them.

Wow. What a night. Honestly didn't see this coming. Just when it appears they're done, they fight their way back into business. Ya gotta love them hostile and abusive Sioux!

A special thanks to the Bulldog for doing us all a favor by dispensing of the Smirking Gwoz and his Band of Pio. Very happy to see Sandelin get something out of this otherwise difficult season. Hopefully he can carry his team to the WCHA FF championship game, and to an awaiting tribe.

I also had the privilege of watching the Swagger play hockey this weekend on cable-sat. Rarely do we get that opportunity here in the upper Midwest. Goal after goal, the Swagger was relentless against the Seawolf. You know, it's quite fortunate for the Swagger that they dispensed with things quickly, so that they may rest up for their long travel to the WCHA FF tournament next weekend. Only 5 days to prepare! You can expect Friday's game to be chock full of dazzling moves, highlight reel goals, and plenty of, well... Swagger. Can't miss it.

taz

Look out! It's the much-anticipated USCHO recap!

You're like an hour late posting that. :silly: I had to go to bed without reading it and I missed the game.

Ah, who am I kidding? It's a great day. The Sioux win. Du loses. Lots of snow. No school/work. Now I can start my day with another great USCHO recap by PCM. :lol:

You're like an hour late posting that. :silly: I had to go to bed without reading it and I missed the game.

Ah, who am I kidding? It's a great day. The Sioux win. Du loses. Lots of snow. No school/work. Now I can start my day with another great USCHO recap by PCM. :)

No work, no school, no Senser's on Sunday night, Smoggy? :lol:

Actually, it was posted shortly after midnight, which is about an hour earlier than it's usually posted. :lol:

The Thursday play-in game should be a real fun game with UMD and SCSU. I would hope there will be a lot of those teams fans there to make for a fun atmosphere. I'll be pulling for UMD. GO UMD!

As much as I love UMD and am extremely glad they beat Denver, I have to think that the ultimate goal for the Sioux is to win the Final Five. The best chance for that to happen is if SCSU beats UMD and then Geophert steals a game against the Gophers. Three games in three days two weeks in a row is pretty tough to do, and if UND beats Wisco, then the Sioux would get a tired SCSU team. Plus, the Gophers would then lose to Wisco, as Elliott steals a game and so the Gophers begin their post-season spiral into a first round ncaa loss, to bemidji. :silly:

As much as I love UMD and am extremely glad they beat Denver, I have to think that the ultimate goal for the Sioux is to win the Final Five. The best chance for that to happen is if SCSU beats UMD and then Geophert steals a game against the Gophers. Three games in three days two weeks in a row is pretty tough to do, and if UND beats Wisco, then the Sioux would get a tired SCSU team. Plus, the Gophers would then lose to Wisco, as Elliott steals a game and so the Gophers begin their post-season spiral into a first round ncaa loss, to bemidji. :silly:

FYI, the Bulldogs are fully capable of beating the Gophers.

Puckett memorial.

Senser's played that on the overhead speakers. I'd bet 80-85% of the crowd at Senser's last night was watching either the UND/Minnesota State or the UMD/Denver game.

I listened to the Lettermen bit that Kirby did. Pretty funny stuff. Puckett formerly known as Kirby.