SiouxSports.com Forum

This going tbe one hell of a series!

chief123

What a pass by Parise. What an effort by Bochenski. What a goal by Spiewak. I think my heart stopped for a bit when the puck went up in the air. I wasn't sure which side of the line it would come down on. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cheer. :D

I was at the game tonight. Somewhat quiet in the Shrine, even after they went up 2-1. Excellent performance by the Sioux, especially in the 2nd. Seemed like things started clicking when Parise was moved back up to the top line.

Very good defense in the third. I also thought the Gophs were struggling a little that period. Passing was not on, and oh that miscue in their own end for the #4 goal. That was a tough one for the Collective to swallow.

Not as much whining this evening. A few comments about the Sioux roster being old (??) and the lack of calls. Most notable was the Collective "Boo!" when they announced Parise's goal. Not MN nice, now is it?

taz

I listened to the game over the internet feed tonight. Did Ballard actually taunt Parise? If he did, is he nuts? That's all you need to do, give the best player on the ice another reason to whoop up on your team again.

I think this is the game that has cemented their confidence. Now there is no doubt they can play with anybody in the nation. I can't wait for the CC series in the springs! :D

They didn't say anything about it on the radio, but Ballard got some payback from the Sioux. On TV, they showed him limping off the ice and then grimacing in pain on the bench. I was listening to Hennessy's play-by-play, so I don't know how the TV sportscaster described what happened.

It looked like Ballard tried to check Ryan Hale, but Hale sidestepped him and he mostly just hit the boards. He went down and curled up in the fetal postion around Hale's stick and tried to hang on to it. Hale took several very forceful jerks on the stick before Ballard let go.

I'm not sure what hurt him worse -- crashing into the boards or Hale's stick.

Looked like Ballard's "jewels" met the blade of Hale's stick, a few times. Ryan was really cranking on the stick too. ;) Maybe David should have come over and pulled Ballard's sweater over his head as well. ;)

Not sure if Ballard, or any Minnesota player, taunted Parise, but he definitely drew his fair share of checks. Generally, nothing too major. It was great watching Greene clobber Martin after his little dance with Zach. :D Good to see the team sticking up for each other.

Oops. I thought it was Lundbohm that put the wood to Ballard's, well, you know.

Anyway, I watched it on the tape tonite. Ballard came in where Hale was working the puck on the board. Hale turned and saw Ballard about to hit him and brought the stick up between his legs HARD. Very ala Tallackson to Hale last year.

Hale turned and saw Ballard about to hit him and brought the stick up between his legs HARD. Very ala Tallackson to Hale last year.

Ah, so that's what happened. Sounds like it's worth taking another look at the tape. :D

I listened to the game over the internet feed tonight. Did Ballard actually taunt Parise? If he did, is he nuts? That's all you need to do, give the best player on the ice another reason to whoop up on your team again.

I think this is the game that has cemented their confidence. Now there is no doubt they can play with anybody in the nation. I can't wait for the CC series in the springs! :D

Ballard has been less than impressive this year in my opinion, Schnider has more offensive points than him. If Ballard wants to act like a punk so be it. Actually he has no reason to taunt Parise. I am excited about the game but its only half of the series. I would love to see a sweep tonight their first in Marryi-ucci since 1980...

From Today's Strib: Hirsch, for one, hopes they don't waste any more time. "We had lapses where we were dazed and confused," he said. "We need to own [North Dakota]. By no means are they better than us, but we've got to bring it."

Well pallie...they were better than you last night. By ALL MEANS.

Good UND contingent at Sterbs and MaryHoochie last night and hoping for the same tonight. The Sioux D was outstanding for the most part. Very tight in their end--interupting Gopher play and giving them very narrow passing lanes. Excellent job keeping Vanek, Riddle, Guyer from making an impact. Brandt was good enough and stayed in position--which is all we can ask for right now.

Oops. I thought it was Lundbohm that put the wood to Ballard's, well, you know.

dagies, you're right, it was Lundbohm, not Ryan Hale. The best part is that right when that happens, Woog says something like, "That's a special spot on the ice for Ballard."

I assume he was referring to it being the spot where Ballard pulled Lundbohm's jersey over his head last season. Well, Lundbohm gave Keith another reason to remember that particular spot. :D

Just finished watching the tape of last nights 3:00 AM broadcast.

What an outstanding team effort. The defense is stifling now that all the guys are back.

This team reminds me of the 2000 & 2001 teams that never stopped coming at you. They put the clamps on the goofers. In the 3rd. they looked liked they were afraid to even go into the Sioux zone. Dump the puck & run(skate) away before they got demolished by another Sioux crunching hit.

Brandt played a very good game last night. He made some outstanding saves when the goofs happened to break into the zone. Brandt needs to build his confidence back up after having a lay-off from playing regularly. Confidence is what is helping the team to keep knocking off their opponents.

It was nice to hear the Wooger give Dean & the Sioux their props after the game. He was amazed the Sioux were able to turn it around so quickly after last year. He said a team should be able to win most games with 4 goals & the Sioux did just that.

This season keeps getting better & better all the time. Can't wait for tonights game which is live on FSN. Also going to CC for the rematch, which will be one helluva a series. The Sioux are going to go very deep into the post season. A dynasty is growing & the fans will be able to watch a great team for many years to come.

Speez, I agree with everything you said. Other than the first goal Brandt gave up, I didn't think Jake played badly at all. He made some big saves right when the Sioux needed them most. I guess I'm missing something that the Gopher fans are seeing.