SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/DU

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I'm coming to you wasted from Denver... didn't get to go to the game but watched the game on TV... I drank too much to pay much attention. I may/may not go tomorrow.

However, I did run into SiouxJoy on the airplane!

LIVE from denver my peeps, 8-12 beers deep, yeahhhh babyyyyyyyyyy.....complete azz kicking..great game, finish it off tomorow night!!! overall great team effort, 5 of 6 goals from frosh........time to hit up old chicagos pizza and brewery.....the crowd was starnge, half full at puck drop then filled up decent by end of 1st period, still many empty seats in the house, sioux fans were loud as hell and we had a hell of a night at the game.....later everyone, hit you up in the moring with a live report, if i ever wake up :D:D

Hey everyone, I'm coming to you wasted from Denver... didn't get to go to the game but watched the game on TV... I drank too much to pay much attention. I may/may not go tomorrow.

However, I did run into SiouxJoy on the airplane!

Have another for me kiddo! Have fun, or rather, continue to have fun!!

I'd love to see a box score. DU announcers flip flopping on the Fabian major. DQ one moment, misconduct the next....

neither collegehockeystats nor uscho have the box scores up yet.

UPDATE: collegehockeystats list the Fabian major as a MISCONDUCT not a DQ! Good news in that regard.

Excellent game tonight for the Sioux. DU did fight in the 2nd period, but Sioux found a way to turn things around for the better in the 3rd. Freshman showed again. I like that, but I still think we need the upperclassman to show too, in order to go anywhere in the playoffs. It seems like one night, it's the freshman, while the next night, it's the upperclassman. Let's all just score all the time, and get back to normal 6 and 7 goal games like back in the late 90s!!! :D

If you look at the stats from tonight you'll notice that Smaby had 2 assists & Stafford had a Playmaker--I'd call this "showing up." Goal scoring isn't the only indicator--isn't it apparent that, with the exception of Oshie's unassisted breakaway, the Freshmen needed their teammates to help them score--isn't that "showing up??"

If you look at the stats from tonight you'll notice that Smaby had 2 assists & Stafford had a Playmaker--I'd call this "showing up." Goal scoring isn't the only indicator--isn't it apparent that, with the exception of Oshie's unassisted breakaway, the Freshmen needed their teammates to help them score--isn't that "showing up??"

Thought Stafford and Zajac put on a clinic in puck handling and showmanship and DU was the audience. Stafford has reached another level- the man is amazing. NO lack of effort by any line tonight in my eyes, pure team performance

Great game by the Sioux! Sparky's still off the scoreboard, but he had a couple of key plays in the game....just keep working, it'll happen. In other related news.....UAA beat Minnesota 4-3. WOOHOO! It doesn't get any better than this (except with a sweep of course)

Great game by the Sioux! Sparky's still off the scoreboard, but he had a couple of key plays in the game....just keep working, it'll happen. In other related news.....UAA beat Minnesota 4-3. WOOHOO! It doesn't get any better than this (except with a sweep of course)

You must have checked either Yahoo or ESPN... both of which are wrong. Turns out that Minnesota beat UAA 4-3, sorry to spoil your night... but hey... at least the Sioux won!!!

You must have checked either Yahoo or ESPN... both of which are wrong. Turns out that Minnesota beat UAA 4-3, sorry to spoil your night... but hey... at least the Sioux won!!!

Oh sad day :D Well, still happy day, I guess, cause the Sioux kicked butt! but just ever so slightly tainted with a gopher win.

Stafford with 3 assists on the night. Not too bad. :D

Sparky didn't show up on the scoresheet, but he made several great plays and shot blocks that I saw.

Agreed that all 4 lines were out there generating chances (and putting quite a few of them away).

Stafford with 3 assists on the night. Not too bad. :D

Sparky didn't show up on the scoresheet, but he made several great plays and shot blocks that I saw.

Agreed that all 4 lines were out there generating chances (and putting quite a few of them away).

Sparky collected another jock for his collection. Made a DU d-man look silly at center ice. It's nice to see that the AR actually had the balls to call DU patented pick play at the end of the second. The have been commiting interference penalties off face offs for a long time. This was a good and correct call. WOW did Smaby tattoo someone behind the net.

Anderson had no control or consistancy in that game. Gwoz SHOULD be serving a suspension for not leaving the ice. Bad calls both ways. Prpich should have had 5 and the gate, Fabian shouldn't have. Paukovich should have had at least a double minor for his take down of Oshie, after Oshie undressed him in front of the net. Oshie looked like the stronger player.

Wow, now this was the freshman class I was hoping to see. Fetch, give Lee props after a great game.

My highlight of the night was Paukovich coming down the middle at Parise and Sparky checking him off the puck and denying a shot. Not pretty, but effective. Also an absolutely brillient play by Finley on the 2 on 1. Jones was solid. Nice agressive forecheck the whole night.

Lets go for the repeat tonight, DU will be fired up, but so should the Sioux. If this game is out of hand either way, look for the gloves to drop since we have tech next week.