SiouxSports.com Forum

UND/DU on FSSN?

BigGreyAnt41

I think we need to pass the hat and start Fox Sports Net Red River Valley. Then we'd know what channel we could watch our favorite college hockey team every weekend - except when they travel up to AA :blush:

Seiously, doesn't/couldn't FSSN generate enoguh ad revenue to travel? They have a fair sized market area - and potential market area. They wouldn't need to cover just UND events - and expand to NCC and NDSU/SDSU events. I would think there would be ample opportunity . . .

+++++

FSN - Dakotas

Love It!

Its not that. Its the fact that when they do road games, it costs MUCH more

-they need to fly (or have them drive) to the site

-they have to run the truck to the site (for satellite uplink)

-they have to pay to beam it back to Grand Forks..that aint cheap

-if they cant share a feed, they need their cameras and equipment

so for a road game, they have to pay for TWO uplinks (one from the venue to the Ralph and then the normal FSSN send out)

Other than the Yankees of college hockey (Goofers) nobody else has a huge TV schedule. As an example, when UMD does road games, there is an agreement to use each others feeds. So when UMD televised last Saturday's game it was the same feed as the FSSN game EXCEPT

-it was UMD announcers

-during commerical breaks, they showed the crowd (that was the live feed..the local feed went to commercials)

Heck it even had the Sioux graphic in the corner for the score.

That is what WDAZ was going to do for the Saturday Duluth game in Duluth...use WDIO (Duluth station) feed and have Sweeney do PBP for the FSSN feed but then they did the FB game so they just used the WDIO feed with their announcers.

Hopefully this is correct, but I just received emails from Chris Semrau (REA) and CableOne (in Fargo) and both said the games this weekend should be getting picked up on FSSN in Fargo as well.

Earlier today I received an email from Chris saying just GF, like everyone else is reporting so not sure what has changed in the last few hours but it looks promising. Hopefully enough Sioux fans pestering away has caused this to happen.

By the way, Chris did not mention times but CableOne said 8:30 tonight and 10:30 tomorrow night.

Thanks

So channel 23 is indeed showing FSN Rocky Mountain right now, but there's an Arena Football game on that JUST started....

anybody know what the deal is?

Yeah I noticed that too. What's up with that?

EDIT: Check out how fast the time is clicking down on the football game. Looks like we'll get to see the Sioux play afterall.

I watched the game last night on FSC Central. Now, tonight it appears that UW/MSUM is playing on that channel (tape delayed), but it also shows DU/UND playing at 10:30 on FSCA. I wonder if that is tape delayed from tonight's game, or if it is just a replay of last night's game...any insight?

Thanks!

I watched the game last night on FSC Central. Now, tonight it appears that UW/MSUM is playing on that channel (tape delayed), but it also shows DU/UND playing at 10:30 on FSCA. I wonder if that is tape delayed from tonight's game, or if it is just a replay of last night's game...any insight?

Thanks!

On directtv, the Wisco/Mankato game is on live on FSN, FSNa, and ESPNU. DU/UND on live on FSRM. Sorry, can't help you with your FSC question.

on FSN, FSNa, and ESPNU. DU/UND on live on FSRM. Sorry, can't help you with your FSC question.

I gather that the game will be on channel 23 again tonight at 807 pm. That is what the Herald said today.

I gather that the game will be on channel 23 again tonight at 807 pm. That is what the Herald said today.

talking to the hearld reporter... he said it's the same deal as last night. he didn't know that cities outside of gf got the game, so he assumes that we'll be able to get it tonight in fargo and other fssn areas too.

Tonight is definitely slightly different from last night. Last night it was on FOXSC, which is on cable in my area (and it was on at the local sports bar via DirecTV). Tonight it is not on FOXSC and not on my cable at all (though presumably bars can still pick up the Fox Sports Rocky Mountain feed).