SiouxSports.com Forum

UND/DU on FSSN?

BigGreyAnt41

Grand Forks only

per the guy for Sensers, the feed from Denver is encrypted so no other FSSN's or the FTA'ers via satellite can get it

-Grand Forks and immediate area (I guess this means who has Midco near there)

-Dish channel 414

-Direct channel 645

Need the sports pack for the satellite customers

Grand Forks only

per the guy for Sensers, the feed from Denver is encrypted so no other FSSN's or the FTA'ers via satellite can get it

-Dish channel 414

-Direct channel 645

is it on at 630 here?

Please shed a tear for us Sioux fans in Bemidji. We won't be getting the FSSN feed from Forks and we don't get FSN Rocky Mtn. We'll get tonight's game on FCS Central, but after that, we're on our own . . . :blush:

Fox College Sports is a cable verison of the satellite multisport pack. Both games are on FCS Central and next week's games are back on the nationwide version of FSSN :)

so its on channel 23 for sure then?(in Grand Forks)

well lets see...from the gf herald and fightingsioux.com

Games on TV: Ralph Engelstad Arena announced Thursday that both Friday and Saturday's games will be televised on Midcontinent Channel 23 in Grand Forks and the surrounding area. The feed will be from FSSN.

so no its not on TV :blush:

of course it is.

Grand Forks only

-Dish channel 414

-Direct channel 645

I suppose he would know. I guess I'll have to bother my wife in the living room tonight then and not be in the comfee confines of my "Sioux satellite room". Perhaps I'll go to Joe Sensors instead.

Somebody has to define "surrounding area."

Whatever rinky dink towns Midco covers that are right by GF (and it has to be on Channel 23). Lets put it this way...If you had to see last Saturday's UMD/UND game on WDAZ (and not on FSSN), then you should be able to see this weekends games on FSSN

here is cheesemover (Senser's guy) response in "Sioux on Satellite" thread

No FTA available, I heard from a very reliable source that it was going to be a scrambled feed via Digital satellite from FSN RM to FSSN for local viewing/transmission only.

so it does suck..really wanted to watch these games.

here is cheesemover (Senser's guy) response in "Sioux on Satellite" thread

No FTA available, I heard from a very reliable source that it was going to be a scrambled feed via Digital satellite from FSN RM to FSSN for local viewing/transmission only.

so it does suck..really wanted to watch these games.

I'm not sure if that means Senser's is not carrying it. He said earlier in the thread that they were carrying via DirecTV channel 645.

I thought the no FTA thing just meant that us satellite rubes wouldn't be able to watch it in our living rooms on FSSN?

I just talked to Midco to see what the coverage area included. I hope that she was wrong but she indicated that Midco is not showing that the game and will not be covered anywhere. I told her about the press release and she indicated to me that the press release was incorrect. Anybody else have any info as I am skeptical to the info provided by Midco.

I just talked to Midco to see what the coverage area included. I hope that she was wrong but she indicated that Midco is not showing that the game and will not be covered anywhere. I told her about the press release and she indicated to me that the press release was incorrect. Anybody else have any info as I am skeptical to the info provided by Midco.

I talked directly to Butch Moteberg this morning it is on Cable #23 at 8:30 tonite...Thanks to Butch Moteberg, Manager Midcontinent Communications in Grand Forks area only.....

He had to jump thru alot of hoops for us because he was dealing with Fox sports RM ...Not Fox Sports North who we already have a relationship with...Fox Sports Networks generally do not let you use signals or share signals outside your regions..

I talked directly to Butch Moteberg this morning it is on Cable #23 at 8:30 tonite...Thanks to Butch Moteberg, Manager Midcontinent Communications in Grand Forks area only.....

He had to jump thru alot of hoops for us because he was dealing with Fox sports RM ...Not Fox Sports North who we already have a relationship with...Fox Sports Networks generally do not let you use signals or share signals outside your regions..

Thanks for the clarification...sounds like radio for me (if it comes in....)

Please shed a tear for us Sioux fans in Bemidji. We won't be getting the FSSN feed from Forks and we don't get FSN Rocky Mtn. We'll get tonight's game on FCS Central, but after that, we're on our own . . . :blush:

I believe Saturday night's game will be tape delayed at 10:30 central on that same FCS Central channel.

I believe Saturday night's game will be tape delayed at 10:30 central on that same FCS Central channel.

I get the FCS Central channel. They are showing the UND/DU game live tonight, but they are showing a tape-delayed UW/MSUM game tomorrow night according to my tv listings. :)

I think we need to pass the hat and start Fox Sports Net Red River Valley. Then we'd know what channel we could watch our favorite college hockey team every weekend - except when they travel up to AA :blush:

Seiously, doesn't/couldn't FSSN generate enoguh ad revenue to travel? They have a fair sized market area - and potential market area. They wouldn't need to cover just UND events - and expand to NCC and NDSU/SDSU events. I would think there would be ample opportunity . . .