SiouxSports.com Forum

Ed Schulz Blasts Blais

PCM

Did anyone else hear Ed Schulz ripping Dean Blais for standing him up for a 1:30 p.m. interview on the radio today? Schulz was subbing for Dan The Common Man on The Fan and had been promoting the interview. He told a story about the first couple of hockey games he broadcast for the Sioux and was saying nice things about UND.

But then Blais committed the unpardonable sin of failing to call in. Schulz went on a diatribe, saying that he was now a Gopher fan and that he hoped Minnesota swept the Sioux. He called Blais an a$$ and said he had made a new enemy. Schulz was completely serious.

I thought Schulz's outburst was disgusting and thoroughly unprofessional. He acted as if it were the first time in his life anyone had stood him up. Anyone who throws an on-air trantrum like that doesn't deserve to be in the broadcast business.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned on the KFan at 12:10 and heard some guy doing ND topics so assumed this was a show from GF or Fargo. Was this Ed Schultz at this time?

At that time of the day, he was talking up the Sioux as the best team and that they would sweep the Gophers yadda yadda yadda. That would be quite a turnaround because you could see the guys' green coming through the radio...

Does anyone really care what Ed Schulz says or does? I don't, as

far as I'm concerned he can take a long walk on a short pier! Hope he

and the Gophers are happy together!

Go Sioux!!!

Parise for Hobey!!

It sounded like he was just joking.

He does have a big mouth.

Nail this is Hammer. I think Blaiser will be on his show all the other coaches have been.

I don't blame Blaiser he was on 1310 Knox w/Mac @ 9am then went and did the show w/ idiot and whatever the heck the other rubes name is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kfan the idiots of the air ways. ;) Tsk Tsk Eddie :D

Tune in Ed at 9:00 this morning.

Give him no more than 15 minutes, and then decide from there.

That article mentioned Dan Benson. This is the same Dan Benson that promised a Zach Parise interview to Mick Farkas on Monday Night Sports Talk about two months ago. The catch? Benson didn't check Zack's schedule. Zach has a class Monday nights. Do I see some sort of pattern forming regarding interviews and a particular scheduler?

Nothing Ed might say this morning can excuse the lack of professionalism he displayed on Friday. Nobody is saying that the interview wasn't scheduled and that Dean didn't do it. Obviously, it would have been better if he did. That's not the issue. The issue is how Schultz handled it on the air.

I have been listening to Big Eddie this morning and now he has made lite of the issue. Said he was only joking. If anyone heard the broadcast, you would know he was having a fit and raging out of control. I think we should push him to play the last 10-15 minutes of that program. He is always stating, we tape every program, just so we can verify what was said. Hey big Ed play it for us!!!! E-mail him and let him know what you think. This is unaccectable behavior.

edkfgo@aol.com :D

Tune in Ed at 9:00 this morning.

Give him no more than 15 minutes, and then decide from there.

That article mentioned Dan Benson. This is the same Dan Benson that promised a Zach Parise interview to Mick Farkas on Monday Night Sports Talk about two months ago. The catch? Benson didn't check Zack's schedule. Zach has a class Monday nights. Do I see some sort of pattern forming regarding interviews and a particular scheduler?

How are you going to criticize someone else for Schultz's tirade?? We don't tell YOU how to make the fries.

First, Ed was out of line. Yes, he was stiffed but it has to have happened before. How Ed handled it was unprofessional.

Next, apparently someone (Blais or Benson) did the stiffing. That too is uncool and unprofessional.

Benson did schedule that interview (with Farkas) when he knew Zach had a Monday night class. That's reality. Is this situation Benson's fault? Who knows. I'm asking. If you interpret my past statement to blame it all on Benson you're wrong. Those other guys are big boys and control their own actions. I'm asking if Benson may have had some role in setting up this war of words.

A wise person who posts here (self-identify if you choose to) reminded me that not that long ago there was a spat between our favorite hockey play-by-play guy and our favorite head coach. At issue? Getting stiffed on interviews. Our favorite play-by-play guy handled it more subtly and professionally. Bravo to Tim.

There appears to be enough "poor form" behavior on this one to more than go around. It appears in this case that it has just taken on a life of its own and went too far too fast.

Remember one other thing: Ed's a radio guy. Think his numbers were any good today?