SiouxSports.com Forum

Favorite Player(s) or moment in Sioux Hockey

SIOUXELEVENS

Time to bring some Sioux talk into this boring day. Favorite goal scorer,Russ Romaniuk. You just knew if he got the puck any where near the circles it was going in. Favorite tough guy Archibald hands down, I love how Prpich plays but Archy is in a class by himself.Best set up guy,Greg Johnson way to unselfish to a fault.Favorite goalie would be Aaron Switzer in 96-97 his save on Spehar in the old Ralph is still the best I have seen.Best team would be 86-87 just dominated everyone except the the Gulls from San Diego :lol: I'am sure there our plenty of other opinions out there so lets here em.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

favorite goal scorer...brandon bochesnki, great shot and could sraight snipe

favorite tough guy...matt greene, just loved his style and the big hits he always delivered, i also like the way prpich plays as well

favorite set up guy...zach parise, this guy was so unselfish and had some amazing assists in his 2 years

favorite goalie...jake brandt, had some unbelievable games with the sioux and some crazy moments, liked his style and how he handled his senior year

favorite team...99/00 sioux..panzer (was f'n robbed of the hobey) ??? scorin goren, commie, goehring and the rest of the guys

adding another category ;)

favorite sioux game ever attended..besides title # 7 win in providence...there are many but i would say last years frozen 4 vs the gophs, what a fun game and night after the win

favorite play..cant remember who scored it but zach parise made a unbelievable pass on his knees after getting just smoked to the ground by a gophers player in that great final 5 game when the sioux lost by 1 goal i believe, i will have to watch the dvd to get my details straight..

favorite comeback i attended...had to be the BC game when the sioux came back and the ralph was frickin rockin..oh wait, when the blaiser pulled the goalie in albany in the title game twice to force overtime only to get beat by that overrated kolanos and doug #$#%$ flutie :lol:

favorite current players...oshie and parise

favorite goal scorer...brandon bochesnki, great shot and could sraight snipe

favorite tough guy...matt greene, just loved his style and the big hits he always delivered, i also like the way prpich plays as well

favorite set up guy...zach parise, this guy was so unselfish and had some amazing assists in his 2 years

favorite goalie...jake brandt, had some unbelievable games with the sioux and some crazy moments, liked his style and how he handled his senior year

favorite team...99/00 sioux..panzer (was f'n robbed of the hobey) :lol: scorin goren, commie, goehring and the rest of the guys

adding another category ???

favorite sioux game ever attended..besides title # 7 win in providence...there are many but i would say last years frozen 4 vs the gophs, what a fun game and night after the win

Psssssst...your youth is showing, AZSIOUX.

I'll cut straight to the chase and go with the last category. For me, nothing can top the 1997 WCHA Final Five when former Edina Hornet Peter Armbrust buries a rebound in OT to give the Sioux a 4-3 victory over the Gophers. All those dejected Gopher fans had to be thinking "it's 1989 all over again" at the old St Paul Civic Center. You gotta believe...and I think that Sioux team right then and there realized that it was possible for the impossible to come true. They sealed the deal a short time later with a 6-4 win over BU in the 1997 NCAA title game.

I'll cut straight to the chase and go with the last category. For me, nothing can top the 1997 WCHA Final Five when former Edina Hornet Peter Armbrust buries a rebound in OT to give the Sioux a 4-3 victory over the Gophers. All those dejected Gopher fans had to be thinking "it's 1989 all over again" at the old St Paul Civic Center. You gotta believe...and I think that Sioux team right then and there realized that it was possible for the impossible to come true. They sealed the deal a short time later with a 5-3 win over BU in the 1997 NCAA title game.

i know, i was going to state that but i decided not to ;)

favorite goal scorer(S)...brandon bochesnki, Jason Blake

favorite tough guy(s)...matt greene, David Hale, Commedore.

favorite set up guy...zach parise, Greg Johnson, Teeder Wynn.

favorite goalie...Karl G (the itty bitty goalie)

favorite team...97/98/99/2000 sioux

favorite sioux game ever attended Beating the BADgers in the Final five in 2000 and 2005.

I'll cut straight to the chase and go with the last category. For me, nothing can top the 1997 WCHA Final Five when former Edina Hornet Peter Armbrust buries a rebound in OT to give the Sioux a 4-3 victory over the Gophers. All those dejected Gopher fans had to be thinking "it's 1989 all over again" at the old St Paul Civic Center. You gotta believe...and I think that Sioux team right then and there realized that it was possible for the impossible to come true. They sealed the deal a short time later with a 5-3 win over BU in the 1997 NCAA title game.

Mafiaman it was priceless when the Sioux fans reversed the rouser N-O-R-T-H D-A-K-O-T-A YEAH Sioux loved every minute of it :lol:

favorite goal scorer...Jeff Panzer

favorite tough guy...Mike Commodore. Matt Greene was a cut in Commie's mold, but I once saw Commodore skate halfway across the ice to pummel a guy after he took a shot at Goehring. There were other players closer, but he still beat them all to the joker. I wish I remember who it was that got destroyed.

favorite set up guy...Zach Parise

favorite goalie...Lots of good ones, but I'll stick with Karl Goehring. Classy guy, great goaltender.

favorite team...99/00 sioux. This team and the 2003/2004 team were the most complete teams I've ever witnessed.

favorite sioux game ever attended I'd have to say the game vs. BC at the new REA when we went from down 4-2 to winning 6-4. It was the first and only time I've EVER heard the New REA so loud.

I should say one thing: Everyone listed here are players I've viewed in person. Since I never saw Hrkac, Archibald, Belfour, and all play for the Sioux, I left them off the list.

I left the Civic Center that night with no worries. I just KNEW the Gophers were going to beat the Sioux a week later in the quarterfinals, just like they had turned the tables on CC in '95. It was going to be easy.

Unfortunately for me the after the Gophers/CC game in the '95 NCAA decided (correctly in hindsight) that the 2nd round conference matchups were a bad thing and had other plans for Woog and the boys. Now the NCAA has reverted to ignoring 2nd round conference matchups.

My favorite "positive" Sioux memory was the '01 Championship final five minutes. To see ESPN/Flutie/etc.. go from sky high to jaw dropped was incredible. It was so nice to see someone else get victimized by the Sioux. Unfortunately for you all I had started rooting for the Sioux that Frozen Four and teams I cheered for didn't typically end up as champions in those days.

I left the Civic Center that night with no worries. I just KNEW the Gophers were going to beat the Sioux a week later in the quarterfinals, just like they had turned the tables on CC in '95. It was going to be easy.

Unfortunately for me the after the Gophers/CC game in the '95 NCAA decided (correctly in hindsight) that the 2nd round conference matchups were a bad thing and had other plans for Woog and the boys. Now the NCAA has reverted to ignoring 2nd round conference matchups.

My favorite "positive" Sioux memory was the '01 Championship final five minutes. To see ESPN/Flutie/etc.. go from sky high to jaw dropped was incredible. It was so nice to see someone else get victimized by the Sioux. Unfortunately for you all I had started rooting for the Sioux that Frozen Four and teams I cheered for didn't typically end up as champions in those days.

Do you mean the 2000 NC game? In 2001, we lost to BC in OT.

Mafiaman it was priceless when the Sioux fans reversed the rouser N-O-R-T-H D-A-K-O-T-A YEAH Sioux loved every minute of it :lol:

Priceless. I remember jumping out of my seat when the puck went by DeBus.

Of course, I also remember heckling two Gopher fans sitting five rows in front of me. These clowns both had the same replica jersey on and during a key quiet moment in the game, I blurted out at the top of my lungs "hey everybody, it's discount night on Jesse Bertigliot jerseys over at Gold Country!". Our whole section started laughing and it was a few moments later when these Einsteins realized I was heckling THEM!

Second priceless moment of that year: the Sioux fan holding up the sign after the BU game that read:

I JUST PEED MY PANTS. ???

favorite sioux game ever attended I'd have to say the game vs. BC at the new REA when we went from down 4-2 to winning 6-4. It was the first and only time I've EVER heard the New REA so loud.

That's the game I caught my game puck! Heck of a night! BC player shot was deflected by Sioux defenseman, which came right to me. Everyone else in the section moved out of the way. I played goalie! :lol: The next year, they put up that stupid netting!

That's the game I caught my game puck! Heck of a night! BC player shot was deflected by Sioux defenseman, which came right to me. Everyone else in the section moved out of the way. I played goalie! :lol: The next year, they put up that stupid netting!

I remember the Old Ralph where a student caught a deflected shot into the crowd and half the arena started the "GOALIE -- SIEVE" chant where they pointed to the student and yelled "GOALIE" and the opposing goaltender and yelled "SIEVE" I found that incredibly amusing. ???

Favorite goal scorer - Lee (Scorin') Goren closely followed by Brandon (Money) Bochesnki.

Favorite tough guy - Mike Commodore. The hair. The attitude. The quotes. The fists. He had it all.

Favorite set up guy - Jeff Panzer. The cure for the hot goalie.

Favorite goalie - Karl Goehring (a.k.a. Mr. Consistent).

Favorite team - 1996-97 Sioux. They were the first UND team I saw play live. I've been hooked on Fighting Sioux hockey ever since.

Favorite two-way player - Adam Calder. The guy never quit working on either end of the ice.

Favorite Sioux game ever attended - 2000 Frozen Four championship game in Providence. Seeing all those BC fans rise en masse and head for the exits the instant Goren scored his empty netter was priceless.