SiouxSports.com Forum

Lets start speculating now

AZSIOUX

Thanks, AZ I knew you would have an answer for me. I hope we can win. I was over on gopher puck live and they have been chatting about the final five and I can't wait for that. Once we get into that tourney we will need to have a good showing to help our cause and gain a good seed.

yup, a sweep would be huge!! a split will be ok if you sweep tech and get through to the final 5.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But - what do autobids like Holly Cross and Alabama Huntsville do to the bracket?

They aren't ranked - but get in anyway, don't they?

yes, every conference tourney winner gets in if im correct so if a bad team who does not deserve to get in wins their tourney somehow then they will take a spot from a bottom pairwise that would be in the tourney. all the holy cross and alabamas do is take 2 spots up so for example the top 14 teams from the pairwise get in rather than the top 16 because of the autobids if all of the top teams win their conf tourney.

i hope i am correct on this, if not go ahead and correct me anyone..

yes, every conference tourney winner gets in if im correct so if a bad team who does not deserve to get in wins their tourney somehow then they will take a spot from a bottom pairwise that would be in the tourney. all the holy cross and alabamas do is take 2 spots up so for example the top 14 teams from the pairwise get in rather than the top 16 because of the autobids if all of the top teams win their conf tourney.

i hope i am correct on this, if not go ahead and correct me anyone..

IIRC, the other impact they have on the bracket is that if you get the autobid, you are automatically a TUC.

This year, that could make a difference ... for example if Bemidji were to win, UND picks up 2 wins vs a TUC - and that would be enough to swing several pairwise comparisons. IIRC, that is.

In fairness, I have been saying the EZAC is the most overrated...

PWR is just math, even if it is bad math... Long live KRACH...

In my Humble opinion I think that both the CCHA and the EZAC are so over rated. The team I think is the most over rated is Cornell. I can't wait till their goalie has to wear the smaller equipment next season he is screwed. I also say anytime Cornell wants to come into the Ralph and play UND I say bring it on.

In my Humble opinion I think that both the CCHA and the EZAC are so over rated. The team I think is the most over rated is Cornell. I can't wait till their goalie has to wear the smaller equipment next season he is screwed. I also say anytime Cornell wants to come into the Ralph and play UND I say bring it on.

Just to add to your argument, doesn't the fact that the WCHA had all of the teams in the final four last year show that the strenght of this league is superior to the others you mentioned. I still believe that you could be the 5th team in rankings in the WCHA and still be the 5th best team in the country. When will the WCHA get the respect that it deserve?

Say what you will about INCH, at least it appears that their writers are reasonably well focused on the task at hand . . . .

INCH 4x4 - Version 1

That would be a tough regional for the Sioux with 3 very good other teams there. Getting past BC would be hard enough, but then to face the UMN/BSU winner...

And I agree, any tourney projection with the Sioux in it is a good tourney prediction in my book. :D

Just get in, then all it takes is four wins!

That would be a tough regional for the Sioux with 3 very good other teams there. Getting past BC would be hard enough, but then to face the UMN/BSU winner...

And I agree, any tourney projection with the Sioux in it is a good tourney prediction in my book. :D

Just get in, then all it takes is four wins!

I think the Sioux could handle BSU.

You better worry about handling JBSU in the playoffs before you punch your tickets!

A matchup both expected and welcomed. If the Sioux can't beat JBSU this time around in a 2 out of 3 series in either arena, they don't deserve to be in the NCAAs.

A matchup both expected and welcomed. If the Sioux can't beat JBSU this time around in a 2 out of 3 series in either arena, they don't deserve to be in the NCAAs.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind a little payback for those 2 losses at the Ralph with the flukey goals. And I'm sure the players feel the same way.

I think it will be hard for the Sioux to be anything other than a #3 if they get in to the NCAAs. Remember, there are only two #4 spots available for at large bids. The other two are locked up by the Atlantic Hockey and the CHA champions. The NCAA must avoid inter-conference matchups in the first round of the regionals. So if by chance, UND is a #4, the Gophers will definitely be going elsewhere providing they maintain their #1 seed which is highly likely. If UND is a #3 seed, I guarantee you Minnesota will be in Grand Forks. I don't think we want this to happen even though it is probably inevitable. When was the last time Irmen and Potulny had a bad game in the Ralph?

I hope we get an easy regional like the Gophers do when it is in Minneapolis. I Think that Denver or Duluth could do some damage in the tourney. We need a nice run of wins together to prove that we can win.

i think the sioux can beat any team whether its minnetarda or wisco. Bring them on.........

UND is currently down to 11 comparisons lost. They are not out of the woods yet, but still firmly control their destiny. Little margin for error to be sure.

Using a 0.003, 0.002, 0.001 bonus, Mankato is now a TUC and that gives UND the Fairbanks comparison due to tilting the TUC portion. To ensure MSU remains a TUC at seasons end they need to win a game vs. CC in the playoffs. If they don't, it will still be VERY close to whether or not they remain a TUC.

The other comparisons UND picked up were all due to improved RPI: Maine, Michigan and UNO.

Here are the comparisons UND is still losing:

BU - UND needs to pass them in RPI. Probably lost.

CC - UND needs to pass them in RPI and to play and beat them at the X.

DU - UND needs to play and beat them at the X or have BSU win CHA and have DU play poorly.

Harvard - Lost.

Miami - Lost.

Michigan State - Tough. Need RPI and TUC.

Minnesota - Lost.

Northern Michigan - Sioux must not lose to Tech.

Ohio State - UND needs to retake CO. UND needs to play and beat CC or have OSU lose to someone UND has played.

SCSU - UND can either play and beat them in playoffs or pass in TUC. Very likely.

Wisconsin - Lost.

Still open:

Fairbanks - TUC AF 9-13-4 vs. UND 10-13-1. Nice break for UND that Fairbanks has to play Notre Dame. If Fairbanks beats them, ND won't be a TUC. If ND beats Fairbanks, UND has no worries.

Still wide open due to RPI:

Maine - Probabaly passes UND if both teams sweep.

Michigan - UND needs to sweep Tech to stay ahead.

UNO - UND needs to sweep Tech to stay ahead.

BC - This will get very close if they sweep and UND does not.

Cornell - UND needs to sweep Tech to stay ahead.

It looks to me like UND can afford one loss between now and the X. If they swept Tech and lost a three game set with SCSU, they would be on the bubble.

My advice to Hak. Don't lose to Tech. Not a shift, not a period, not a game.

My prediction base on 3pts vs. Tech and a 1st round win vs. SCSU. Then at seasons end UND loses 11 comparisons.

BU

CC

DU

Harvard

Miami

Mich St.

Minnesota

OSU

Mich or UNO, but not both.

Maine or BC, but not both.

Cornell - Root against them with all your might.

This would typically make UND the #12 seed and put the NCAA in a very tough spot if the Gophers win or do better than UW in the WCHA playoffs.