SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Behavior @ The Ralph

WiSioux

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know, if the students weren't there, the game would be a lot more boring.. They make it interseting and they get you in the game, even though some of it is " obscene". if they werent there, who would start the cheers? Would anyone cheer? i think by making all the new rules, theyre taking away a bit of tradition. just my thoughts though...... ???

That, or perhaps somebody could get the lyrics printed out onto the back of a t-shirt or sweater. Put the people who actually know the songs in front. The front could say something else, like Siouxsports.com perhaps?? Just a thought. :D

Or maybe they could use the marquis boards (the light signs around the edge of the balcony) to put lyrics up and start cheers?

Oh wait.... that's been suggested, told "we'll think about it." and forgotten :D

Or maybe they could use the marquis boards (the light signs around the edge of the balcony) to put lyrics up and start cheers?

Oh wait.... that's been suggested, told "we'll think about it." and forgotten :D

you're right REA could really help with this...in denver at the pepsi center and mile high stadium the "ring" is used alot to start crowd particaption....great point

Big Ups to the student section again tonight.

Well done.

Yup - pretty well behaved again! My only gripe was with 1 sign they held up a lot tonight....

"FANS WHO SIT...ARE ILLIGIT!"

Alright...I'm going to nitpick here but you guys are in COLLEGE and (I assume) have had English 101.

"Illigit" refers to ILLEGITIMATE...I guess...two problems...incorrect slang and IT'S SPELLED WRONG!

"Legit" is recognized slang for legitimate - "Illigit" is only recognized by NDSU fans who are univerally recongized as MORONS! :D

The sign should have read..."FANS WHO SIT AREN'T LEGIT!" (Hey - I'm only trying to help here guys! You go to a REAL university....reflect it!)

Well, I tried. :D

Yeah. :D I thought of it as I was passing them out, a bunch of idiots will make airplanes and throw them because they have the IQ's of a stillborn rat. So stupid. :D We should get REA to put it on the scoreboard. It's basically free of cost as opposed to having to constantly print out the lyrics. I would assume you spent a fair share of money on it and it was only for one night. Students should keep pestering REA about this and make sure they do it.

Way to go students! Keep it up. Let's make this the best house in NCAA hockey and have a lot of fun doing it. Some of the hand sitters will start to get it, some never will, but keep it up. Recruits want to play in front of good crowds who support the team and are having a good time to boot.

Working to get everyone on the same page with cheers and songs is outstanding.

btw, this young team is looking better as the season progresses.

Yeah. :D I thought of it as I was passing them out, a bunch of idiots will make airplanes and throw them because they have the IQ's of a stillborn rat. So stupid. :D We should get REA to put it on the scoreboard. It's basically free of cost as opposed to having to constantly print out the lyrics. I would assume you spent a fair share of money on it and it was only for one night. Students should keep pestering REA about this and make sure they do it.

Either way, Sioux-cia and you both (and anyone else involved) deserve props for taking the initiative to make this effort.

Just so ya know, I emailed the general manager of the Ralph to ask who I would talk to about getting school song lyrics on the big screen... papers in the chairs, that's another deal... I'm not gonna print them all, pay for them all, and deliever them all... I don't have that kind of patience

Thanks for the input... I am going to discuss this with our staff and

take a look at the operational issues associated with this proposed

activity.

This may be a good way to get the rest of the crowd into "Fight on

Sioux" and "Stand Up and Cheer".

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.

Jody Hodgson

General Manager

Ralph Engelstad Arena

Grand Forks, North Dakota

Thanks for the input... I am going to discuss this with our staff and

take a look at the operational issues associated with this proposed

activity.

This may be a good way to get the rest of the crowd into "Fight on

Sioux" and "Stand Up and Cheer".

Thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.

Jody Hodgson

General Manager

Ralph Engelstad Arena

Grand Forks, North Dakota

Tell her not to bother printing them. That obviously did not work.

Tell her not to bother printing them. That obviously did not work.

I think part of the problem is few know when those songs are actually played. The band seems to know what song is being played, maybe the band director should hold up a sign to signal to the rest of the crowd what song is on. Eventually people might know the songs by the starting notes. :D

I think part of the problem is few know when those songs are actually played. The band seems to know what song is being played, maybe the band director should hold up a sign to signal to the rest of the crowd what song is on. Eventually people might know the songs by the starting notes. :D

In case anyone doesn't know, Fight on Sioux is played right before the team comes out on the ice (usually played starting slow and speeding up) or when there have been an few unfortunate events in the game such as few gopher goals. Stand Up and Cheer is played when they come on the ice, at the end of a period or when the Sioux score. It's for you, North Dakota U is barley played at hockey games and is usually only played for tailgaters or during the football pregame show.

Maybe we could solve the problem by bumping the beer song from unofficial to official school song :D

In case anyone doesn't know, Fight on Sioux is played right before the team comes out on the ice (usually played starting slow and speeding up) or when there have been an few unfortunate events in the game such as few gopher goals. Stand Up and Cheer is played when they come on the ice, at the end of a period or when the Sioux score. It's for you, North Dakota U is barley played at hockey games and is usually only played for tailgaters or during the football pregame show.

Maybe we could solve the problem by bumping the beer song from unofficial to official school song :lol:

I always try to sing along, yes I know the words, but the times that the school song is played is usually a time when you also want to just yell and cheer (after a goal, for example), by the time I am done high-fiving my neighbor the song is over...

I don't know if that means there should be another time the school song is played, or if I am off base here...thoughts?