SiouxSports.com Forum

Russia vs Canada

Fetch

I agree and it would be nice to see happen. It would be good for the Canucks to get it handed to them.

I think the saying "Be careful what you wish for" (or who you cheer for) may be appropriate here. I too think Canada is going to have their hands full. And, while I will not be cheering for Russia, I won't be crying if Canada loses, simply because of the way they have treated our boys over the last two weeks.

Is this on FSN ?

It's in the schedule for 10 PM Central. The usahockey site says the bronze medal game will be shown then, but the directtv schedule shows the gold medal game.

Since only one Sioux player will return with a medal, I hope it's a gold.

Second Period is over and Toews missed out on a goal with a quick whistle. Although he hasn't officially been given an assist he has played a role in the last two Canadian goals. What has amazed me even more is how he is schooling the Russians at winning faceoffs.

Canada wins gold, and, with this young team, there will be no sandbagging next year, they will be heavily favored.

Canada's 1988's are even stronger than the 87's. Don't believe any nonsense otherwise. Team Canada will be loaded next year.

Canada's 1988's are even stronger than the 87's. Don't believe any nonsense otherwise. Team Canada will be loaded next year.

Won't a good portion of the U.S. team return. Though maybe that isn't such a good thing. :lol:

But the talent is there for the U.S. At least everyone thought so ahead of the tourney.

Won't a good portion of the U.S. team return. Though maybe that isn't such a good thing. :lol:

But the talent is there for the U.S. At least everyone thought so ahead of the tourney.

I totally agree that the talent is there for the U.S. I think the main problem for the U.S. is coming together and playing like a team. After witnessing the Canadians at the WJ Tourney last year in GF (and I not only mean the players, but the fans as well.). There is a passion there that I have never seen. The Canadian team plays, not only for themselves, but seemingly for an entire country. They know they have to come together and gel in order to do that, and they have a coaching staff that understands that and knows how to get that to happen. It seems, from what I have seen the last two years, that the Americans either aren't willing to do that, due to their own agenda or ego, and/or really don't know how to do that. For that, I blame the coaches. As the saying goes, "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work." I think that was proven the last two weeks.

I totally agree that the talent is there for the U.S. I think the main problem for the U.S. is coming together and playing like a team. After witnessing the Canadians at the WJ Tourney last year in GF (and I not only mean the players, but the fans as well.). There is a passion there that I have never seen. The Canadian team plays, not only for themselves, but seemingly for an entire country. They know they have to come together and gel in order to do that, and they have a coaching staff that understands that and knows how to get that to happen. It seems, from what I have seen the last two years, that the Americans either aren't willing to do that, due to their own agenda or ego, and/or really don't know how to do that. For that, I blame the coaches. As the saying goes, "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work." I think that was proven the last two weeks.

Ok here is how it works.

Kessel finishes at the top of the scoring with 11 points. His plus/minus is zerooooo!

Borque finished fifth in scoring with 8 points. His plus/minus is minus one!

Porter with 6 points. Minus 2.

Top scorers for Canada are Blake Comeau and Dustin Boyd with 7 point and 6 points respectively. Both finish with a plus 7. Barker and Downie with 6 points. Both finish at plus 6.

You have to play both ends of the ice. It isn't good enough to just score.

You have to play both ends of the ice. It isn't good enough to just score.

You could just as easily and just as accurately lay blame on those who missed golden oppurtunities to score against the Swiss and Canadians. Had the boys got one additional goal in either of those games, I think they would have been in the Gold Medal game. McKenzie just alluded to this as well for what it's worth.

ifs and buts.

Get them next year boys. I really like the potential of the US returning five defensemen next year and getting the heck out of North America where Canada seems to dominate.

Congrats to the Canadians, I really wish I could have seen the smug Russians go down. Instead I'm watching the US blow another game.