SiouxSports.com Forum

Inside College Hockey Mid Season Story

Bear Man

Did anybody read this from Inside College Hockey website ?

This dumbass rips us fans pretty good. I've enclosed the quote from the article below.

Gophers. Colgate, BC and Sconnie in the final 4 - - What a giggle! So much for credibility !

Does talk about the great move Oshie made versus the Goofies last weekend so he makes honorable mention for rookie of year so far. I don' think there was a mention of Toews.

Here is the quote:

n that spirit, it's time to hand out the first-ever Mike Check Mid-Season Awards. Winners, when you hear your name called, proceed to the front of the room to receive your $5 Hardee's gift certificate and a signed copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence Officials" by Jim Roque. Please hold your applause until the last name has been announced. North Dakota fans, you may begin sending angry e-mails now.

(Seriously, NoDak-ers, is it a requirement for you to lambaste anyone who doesn't agree with your view of the college hockey landscape? Are you members of a genetically engineered sect whose primary physiological advancement is an extra bile duct? If I were asked to pick a celebrity to represent every team's fan base, I'd choose Dennis Hopper to be your proxy. Or maybe post-motorcycle accident Gary Busey.

Did anybody read this from Inside College Hockey website ?

This dumbass rips us fans pretty good. I've enclosed the quote from the article below.

Gophers. Colgate, BC and Sconnie in the final 4 - - What a giggle! So much for credibility !

Does talk about the great move Oshie made versus the Goofies last weekend so he makes honorable mention for rookie of year so far. I don' think there was a mention of Toews.

Here is the quote:

n that spirit, it's time to hand out the first-ever Mike Check Mid-Season Awards. Winners, when you hear your name called, proceed to the front of the room to receive your $5 Hardee's gift certificate and a signed copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence Officials" by Jim Roque. Please hold your applause until the last name has been announced. North Dakota fans, you may begin sending angry e-mails now.

(Seriously, NoDak-ers, is it a requirement for you to lambaste anyone who doesn't agree with your view of the college hockey landscape? Are you members of a genetically engineered sect whose primary physiological advancement is an extra bile duct? If I were asked to pick a celebrity to represent every team's fan base, I'd choose Dennis Hopper to be your proxy. Or maybe post-motorcycle accident Gary Busey.

As I say whenever this website talks bad about the Sioux and somebody posts it on here: They are a second rate site to USCHO, I rarely look at INCH, they are not even close to the quality of USCHO. Who cares what they say, I recommend not going to their site, you aren't missing much. There is a site I would recommend before INCH, it is www.collegehockeynews.com.

It's logical fallacy day on the message board (I just escaped another carefully laid such trap in my most recent post).

North Dakota fans, you may begin sending angry e-mails now.

See, the trick is that by constructing this particularly criticism of UND fans, he gets to criticize us all he wants but we can't disagree or rebuke him or he would claim that's just further evidence his criticism is true. It's a sibling of the "when did you stop beating your wife?" logic trap. I think the INCH writers are just getting sick of UND fans' sharing LetsGoSioux!'s opinion above.

It's logical fallacy day on the message board (I just escaped another carefully laid such trap in my most recent post).

See, the trick is that by constructing this particularly criticism of UND fans, he gets to criticize us all he wants but we can't disagree or rebuke him or he would claim that's just further evidence his criticism is true. It's a sibling of the "when did you stop beating your wife?" logic trap. I think the INCH writers are just getting sick of UND fans' sharing LetsGoSioux!'s opinion above.

The inclusion of this guys quote about UND fans was not needed in his editorial. But as Jim stated, I am validating his opinion by complaining about it now, it was a no win situation. Like I said, don't go to the site like this guy wants us Sioux fans to do.

Speaking of: "It's logical fallacy day on the message board", the writer of that article is a real big phallus!

For any writer to put a statement like that into his article tells me one thing. That his childhood dreams and hockey aspirations must have been in some way and at some previous point in time crushed by a Sioux Hockey team. He still bears the scars and has no other mechanism then to take out his pain and frustration on a two-bit site that would carry such a disgraceful piece. To think that TH gave their webmaster some intermission air time recently. Hope that doesn't happen again. :D

Edited by Sioux_Hab-it

I say we still send him seething emails, UofMN and Colgate are not going to be in the Frozen Four.

Not with Briggs as goalie and with their defense.

I mean really what kind of a jerk writes such garbage. The man just insulted a whole segment of the population. I mean really. When UND is rolling through the playoffs again what is this jerk going to say.

I say we still send him seething emails, UofMN and Colgate are not going to be in the Frozen Four.

Not with Briggs as goalie and with their defense.

odd, we were there last year with Briggs and a poorer defense...

honestly tho, I think INCH rips on you guys so much because you take it so poorly...

WPoS

He's also called it the best college hockey site on the Web.

It is his job to convince you he got a good interviewee that will keep you interested and tuned in. What's he going to say, "stay tuned for an interview with the editor of the nth best college hockey site on the web"? :D I'm pretty sure if Wodon or Brule came around, their sites would be the best for that night.

You guys are taking INCH way too seriously. They freely admit they pilfer their information for other sources, including message boards, press snippets from Sid Hartman's senility-ravaged mind, the local preacher on the corner in front of their favorite crackhouse, etc. Really, INCH is like the WorldWeeklyNews of college hockey. In between hits on the pipe, eating pudding and glowing reviews of Brokeback Mountain, the INCH staffers are pretty harmless. Ignore them, and take them as a parody of college hockey "sudo-journalism".

-Thank you for the e-mail. I'm sorry you find the comments in Sunday's column

insulting. While the conference notebooks are written in more of a

nuts-and-bolts journalistic style, Mike Check tends to reflect my opinions

on matters. And over the past months, it's been my experience that North

Dakota fans -- more than any other fans in the country -- are the most

vehement when they feel the Fighting Sioux has been slighted.

My intent wasn't to take North Dakota fans to task for their fervor, but to

offer a slight jab at the degree to which Sioux fans defend their

program...to everyone.

Again, thanks for the e-mail. Keep reading...

Mike Eidelbes

Inside College Hockey, Inc.

Here is the response I got to my letter.

I think he has us mixed up with Minnesota fans. :D