SiouxSports.com Forum

Signs for the NC$$

dj_hoime

Not a sign, but I think it would be great if the Sioux would wear jerseys during the tournament with "Your non-offensive name here" printed on them. It would be nice if someone took them to task on it, but the sanctions would be hard to deal with.

Not a sign, but I think it would be great if the Sioux would wear jerseys during the tournament with "Your non-offensive name here" printed on them.  It would be nice if someone took them to task on it, but the sanctions would be hard to deal with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the idea in theory. But it will never happen because Hakstol would never create a distraction (making a political statement) for the most important games of the season.

I like the Sicatoka's idea of the team wearing a jersey that says nothing but "Hostile and Abusive" on it.

Of course, mksioux is right, Hak won't create a distraction with the jersey, but I'm rethinking my idea about wearing my Sioux gear. Maybe I'll have to have an overlay for my jersey.

I bought one of Diggler's shirts and plan on wearing it quite often.  I hope many more people will buy them as well.  Maybe those shirts would be good as the sioux sports shirts as many people have been wondering about if there would be one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree completely. :blush:

As someone that has made it clear at USCHO.com that I am against the NCAA forcing UND to change their nickname/logo, can someone explain how this is about money to the supposed NC$$? Yes, I understand that FSU was allowed to keep theirs, but that doesn't explain how forcing UND to change would create a monetary benefit to the NCAA. I honestly want to know the logic behind this theory.

As someone that has made it clear at USCHO.com that I am against the NCAA forcing UND to change their nickname/logo, can someone explain how this is about money to the supposed NC$$?  Yes, I understand that FSU was allowed to keep theirs, but that doesn't explain how forcing UND to change would create a monetary benefit to the NCAA.  I honestly want to know the logic behind this theory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FSU has enough money to make a court case very unpleasant for the NCAA. The NCAA assumes that, since we are a smaller school, we won't be as scary to face.

My opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I had some bumper stickers made which can be put on a car, back pack, on the back of a jersey, on a dorm door, window, etc.

NC$$ I AM NOT HOSTILE OR ABUSIVE NC$$.

There's a red circle acround the NC$$ with a slash diagonally across the NC$$.

You can see it on EBay>> Item number: 6571836725

http://cgi.ebay.com/NC-RULES-SCHOOLS-ARE-H...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm going to try to get these stickers displayed at all the schools on the list of shame! Don't know how, yet, but I'll figure it out. I'm going to mail one to everyone on the NCAA Executive Committee. Any suggestions as to who else should get one will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Sioux-cia