SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Hextall's verbal was posted this morning on Heisenberg's recruiting page.

I suppose we are still behind in the recruiting battles. I was thinking about that when watching the game last night and from watching friday's game. Minus their stars that got hurt, Skille is a good players, who is it in Wisconsin line up that is good because no one stood out for them this past weekend? I thought we were losing yearly battles to them in the recruiting wars?

Sounds like Hextal is a clone of the Rory McMahn, Mike Prpich, Rylan Kaip Carey Eades? Fiesty, mean and nasty and someone who will score dirty goals in front of the net, but will also smack you up side the head. My kind of player.

Wisconsin line up that is good because no one stood out for them this past weekend? I thought we were losing yearly battles to them in the recruiting wars?

Overall, I agree with you but.

Ummm....

They did beat us minus those stars, while we had our stars in the linup... :lol::)

If Michigan and Minnesota are "good" enough to have goaltending coaches, what do you all think of getting Ron Hextall to be a goaltending coach for the Sioux? :lol:

i think it would be nice to have a goaltending coach...it would help in getting some of the big goalie recruits...even though minny and mich are not better than UND with the G spot. :)

Anyone else watch Shattuck while in town last weekend? Wondering if anyone has heard if Stepan Novotny is being recruited heavily. He is a junior, along with David Toews, and both looked extremely impressive. Wisconsin seems to have got a gem in Brock Montpetit. David Carle looked to be the cream of the crop defensively, but I would think he might be predisposed to Denver since his brother Matt had good success both personally and teamwise at Denver. St. Cloud looks like they got a great player in Aaron Marvin who played for Team Great Plains against Shattuck and had a hattrick. Didn't notice Jordy Christian quite as much though, although I have to admit I was focusing a bit more on the Shattuck players. I would bet that many more than a handful of players on Shattuck will be playing DI hockey in the years to come. Let's hope the Sioux can keep the pipeline going and get the cream of the crop.

Overall, I agree with you but.

Ummm....

They did beat us minus those stars, while we had our stars in the linup... :lol::)

Point taken your right, I thought our team looked good Friday night not as good Saturday night.

I am not too disappointed though 2 points makes for some momentum this weekend. We need a split with Maine or possibly 3 points. BSU got to Bishop for three powerplay goals on Saturday night.

If Michigan and Minnesota are "good" enough to have goaltending coaches, what do you all think of getting Ron Hextall to be a goaltending coach for the Sioux? :)

The goalie coaches at Michigan and Minnesota are both there on a volunteer basis. I kinda doubt Ron Hextall walks away from being an assistant GM in the NHL to go live in Grand Forks and work for free.

Point taken your right, I thought our team looked good Friday night not as good Saturday night.

I am not too disappointed though 2 points makes for some momentum this weekend. We need a split with Maine or possibly 3 points. BSU got to Bishop for three powerplay goals on Saturday night.

i see UND getting 3 or 4 points, maine doesnt really have a lot of fire power from what i saw last year(i didnt see this years yet) and bishop can be broken, he is still very young. i can only hope that UND plays better at home this year though.

My ice skating class started today and Coach Eades is the teacher. He noticed my Madison sweatshirt and commented that they were talking to a recruit from Stevens Point this past week. Here is the little info that I have come up with:

Steven's Point Area High School hockey roster

Best Boys Hockey Players at State (WI)

Anyone know anything about this or have info on Steven's Point hockey players?

My ice skating class started today and Coach Eades is the teacher. He noticed my Madison sweatshirt and commented that they were talking to a recruit from Stevens Point this past week. Here is the little info that I have come up with:

Steven's Point Area High School hockey roster

Best Boys Hockey Players at State (WI)

Anyone know anything about this or have info on Steven's Point hockey players?

Chuck?