SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Still no word on whom the possible third recruit is? USA Hockey any hints as to who it might be?

Any one know anything about Brett Chartier and his possible college destination? I thought I read that he was from Winnipeg and Jason Gregoire was one of the reasons that he is now playing for Lincoln. Just wondering cause he seems like he could be a nice player possbly for 2010.

Still no word on whom the possible third recruit is? USA Hockey any hints as to who it might be?

Any one know anything about Brett Chartier and his possible college destination? I thought I read that he was from Winnipeg and Jason Gregoire was one of the reasons that he is now playing for Lincoln. Just wondering cause he seems like he could be a nice player possbly for 2010.

Article and interview:

http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=879752

http://www.thepipelineshow.com/clips/seaso...rtier_Oct21.mp3

having family friend ties to the toews and gregoires cant hurt the possibilty of getting him. my buddy mentioned this kids name at the beginiing of the year to watch out for and hes proven he is a very good player at his age

i know as im with you on knowing but when its ok to release the name im sure usa and whoever else can will. we dont want to lose any of our people who are nice enough to relay their info when ok to do so

i know as im with you on knowing but when its ok to release the name im sure usa and whoever else can will. we dont want to lose any of our people who are nice enough to relay their info when ok to do so

I hear you there. I was just looking for a hint is all. I respect his insite and don't want him burning any bridges by releasing a name too early.

Evan Trupp has a younger brother (Hayden) who is playing AAA midgets in Alaska. I believe he is a junior in High School and seems to be a very talented player, much in the same mold as Evan. Has there been any discussion about him or does anyone have any info about UND interest in him?

How many more, if any, will ND recruit for '09?

I'm not sure, but if the Sioux do recruit for 09, it will be for a goaltender to replace Walski.

I can't believe they'd go for anyone else unless it was one of the few blue chippers that are still uncommitted.

That being said, I truly believe that, if someone like Morin was going to go the NCAA route, he would have committed by now.

Who knows. Dylan Olsen is still available. Who knows what's going to happen.

How many more, if any, will ND recruit for '09?

The player that I was informed that visited for the Gopher series would be a 2009 recruit. Speaking that there would be no early signings (which I don't see with this team), we would bring back 10 fowards. That leaves room for either 4 or 5 fowards to come in. If this certain player committed, then we would add him along with Kristo, Bruneteau, Cichy, and possibly Mattson or Fink. We will also bring back five defenseman and for sure bring in two with MacWilliam and Gleason. They will recruit one more goaltender to replace Walski, but other than that I would think the 09 class is wrapped up.

I'm not sure, but if the Sioux do recruit for 09, it will be for a goaltender to replace Walski.

I can't believe they'd go for anyone else unless it was one of the few blue chippers that are still uncommitted.

That being said, I truly believe that, if someone like Morin was going to go the NCAA route, he would have committed by now.

Who knows. Dylan Olsen is still available. Who knows what's going to happen.

I heard that Olsen is still available.

The player that I was informed that visited for the Gopher series would be a 2009 recruit. Speaking that there would be no early signings (which I don't see with this team), we would bring back 10 fowards. That leaves room for either 4 or 5 fowards to come in. If this certain player committed, then we would add him along with Kristo, Bruneteau, Cichy, and possibly Mattson or Fink. We will also bring back five defenseman and for sure bring in two with MacWilliam and Gleason. They will recruit one more goaltender to replace Walski, but other than that I would think the 09 class is wrapped up.

Do you think Knight could be considered for next year?

So would this recruit be considered by the coaches to be more ready than Knight or Mattson?

I think Knight will come in before Mattson. I think Mattson would do wonders at the DI level with a year in juniors under his belt.

I actually think Fink should come in next year. In all likelihood, he'd be riding the bench much of the time, which means he'll have plenty of time to heal up for injury and get used to the system.

I'm glad stats don't determine DI worthiness or I'm afraid I'd have to ask what Fink's upside is. His junior career, again statistically, has been rather subpar.

I'm going to correct my last post.

As it stands, Heisenberg lists the following players as 2009 - no option listed:

Corbin Knight

Mike Cichy

Danny Kristo

Andrew MacWilliam

Brett Bruneteau

Joe Gleason

The following recruits can come in 2009 or 2010:

Danny Mattson

Mike Fink

Though Mattson has a better upside than Fink, I still say Fink comes in next year. I'd much rather have Mattson in juniors playing and Fink riding the bench than Fink in juniors and Mattson riding the bench.

Though Mattson has a better upside than Fink, I still say Fink comes in next year. I'd much rather have Mattson in juniors playing and Fink riding the bench than Fink in juniors and Mattson riding the bench.

Mattson is not destined to ride the pine at UND. He is fun to watch! I'm starting to think that Fink may be a case where an early scholarship offer backfires on the coaching staff..

OK, here's my wild guess: Cam Lamoureux.

http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/rosters_prof...playerID=239814

Very interesting guess. I had forgotten about him. His younger brother (Greg?) was a higher-end prospect, but he committed to the WHL last year, and I guess I forgot about Cam then.

As much as people around here dislike the team members who don't score much but do other things necessary to win, the coaches do try to bring in a mixture of players. He would probably be one of UND's standard older Canadian kids (an immediate favorite of some opposing fans), perhaps like Darcy Zajac. Zajac gained a step this year, which has made him more effective, but even in his first two years, you could count on him to not do something stupid. If the right play was to get it deep, he got it deep. (He may be nothing like D. Zajac; just a comparison based on age and background).

Anyway, I would be pleased if this happened to be a good guess.

He did play in his team's game on Friday, January 9, but they were off on Saturday, so he could have come then.

I'm going to correct my last post.

As it stands, Heisenberg lists the following players as 2009 - no option listed:

Corbin Knight

Mike Cichy

Danny Kristo

Andrew MacWilliam

Brett Bruneteau

Joe Gleason

The following recruits can come in 2009 or 2010:

Danny Mattson

Mike Fink

if danny mattson comes in he will be playing, not sitting

it could go like this as i got this list from a buddy as he asked about this the other day and this is just a rplacement list. not a comparison to players leaving and coming. fink maybe plays another year of ushl

Miller-Cichy

Duncan-Kristo

Martens-Bruneteau

Kozek-Mattson

Watkins-Knight

Finley-MacWilliams

Jones-Gleason

and add a goalie for walski

My impulse guess was Forney but I see he played (and got points) those nights. I admit I don't know much about him but he seems to be doing well in Green Bay. I wouldn't mind seeing him get another chance now that he seems to be healthy.

I doubt Forney would have to take a recruiting trip to UND if he was interested in coming back to the Sioux. ;)

I doubt Forney would have to take a recruiting trip to UND if he was interested in coming back to the Sioux. :lol:

exactly. ill guess its nolan zajac (D) i have no clue at all and just a guess but he would be a nice d man prospect to come in with forbort and mattson ;)