SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

We'll take him!!

He probably thinks the Sioux are watching him because I went to the game by myself and didn't realize until I got there and got a few looks that I had on a Sioux hoodie with a Sioux hat and a Sioux coat with my Sioux lanyard hanging out of my pocket. :huh:

I should have brought a clipboard. :lol:

If anyone wants to watch a possible prospective player, Elk River plays Centennial tommorow night on FSN North. Centennial's Tyler Pitlick is probably the best player for their team. The Star Tribune had a feature on him yesterday and said that he is looking at playing in the WCHA. The coaching staff has recruited eastern Twin Cities players before, so I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches at least gave him a look.

Isn't he related to former gopher and NHL player Lance Pitlick? If so, I would guess that Minnesota would have the inside track on him, but you never know.

I was recently informed that Nate Schmidt is more of a wait and see player for us. As I was saying last night, right now it is about developing a little more.

I think if we list Schmidt as a wait and see type player we will miss out on him. From what I have gathered, CC, Minny and St. Cloud have all offered so far so I would think if we didn't offer this weekend that he would really have to want to be a Fighting Sioux to wait for an offer from us and turn down those other offers right now.

I think if we list Schmidt as a wait and see type player we will miss out on him. From what I have gathered, CC, Minny and St. Cloud have all offered so far so I would think if we didn't offer this weekend that he would really have to want to be a Fighting Sioux to wait for an offer from us and turn down those other offers right now.

rumor has it that don lucia and a scout from und were at his game against apollo on tuesday. schmidt had a pretty sweet goal too.

rumor has it that don lucia and a scout from und were at his game against apollo on tuesday. schmidt had a pretty sweet goal too.

Not a rumor... a fact. Lucia really wants him. Judging by the kind of schools Nate and his siblings attend, a private college like CC seems to hold an advantage (Although CC isn't a Catholic college. Don't let Notre Dame get wind of this!). SCSU just has the hometown thing (a factor I fear is less important to Nate).

Since Hak wasn't around for the Coaches show this week maybe he wanted to see Schmidt first hand before offering him. Hopefully that's the reasoning behind him not being around. Exiled One may know if he was at the game or not. From everything I gather, it seems like a toss-up as to where Schmidt decides to go as I have heard from different people that CC was first on his list, then someone said UND was his dream school, then there was the article from sometime ago that Exiled One posted that stated he wanted to go to SCSU and now someone on another board claims that the Gophers are his first choice. Anyone have any clue?

Since Hak wasn't around for the Coaches show this week maybe he wanted to see Schmidt first hand before offering him. Hopefully that's the reasoning behind him not being around. Exiled One may know if he was at the game or not. From everything I gather, it seems like a toss-up as to where Schmidt decides to go as I have heard from different people that CC was first on his list, then someone said UND was his dream school, then there was the article from sometime ago that Exiled One posted that stated he wanted to go to SCSU and now someone on another board claims that the Gophers are his first choice. Anyone have any clue?

Yes, Nate does. :huh: Hey, he's 16. If you happen to know any 16-year-olds, it's probably easy to understand why the front-runner could fluctuate and the decision could take a while. :lol:

P.S., I wasn't at the game, but I corresponded with Tom Reale who was at the game. Tom was the author of recap that was published in the St. Cloud Times. He didn't identify the UND coach by name.

One of the 08 Defensemen I liked, Damon Kipp of Salmon Arm committed to UNH. I still think UND will look at 1 more defenseman for 08 with MacWilliam being the only one that is still out there that UND has had any interest in.

I am now a little less certain that we need another, just given how good Gleason is playing.

anyone have info on uncommited top goaltender recruits out there for next season? we are obviously gona need one and just curious. thanks

I'm not so sure they'll be looking for a "top" guy since they have Eidsness lined up. I'd expect someone along the lines of a Grieco, though hopefully more willing to accept a back-up role than Grieco.

I'm not so sure they'll be looking for a "top" guy since they have Eidsness lined up. I'd expect someone along the lines of a Grieco, though hopefully more willing to accept a back-up role than Grieco.

I doubt they would want a guy that would have the high hopes of being a career back up/door opener. Especially after the Grieco situation (even the Okposo situation). That should be enough of an incentive to go after the best player available. You never know what (or who) will change the minds of these kids. That's my theory anyway.

I would think that the coaching staff hasn't made any promises to Eidsness beyond the fact that he will get his fair shot to play right away. It isn't fair to anyone to make promises of playing time. Maybe it happens, but I doubt it.

I doubt they would want a guy that would have the high hopes of being a career back up/door opener. Especially after the Grieco situation (even the Okposo situation). That should be enough of an incentive to go after the best player available. You never know what (or who) will change the minds of these kids. That's my theory anyway.

I would think that the coaching staff hasn't made any promises to Eidsness beyond the fact that he will get his fair shot to play right away. It isn't fair to anyone to make promises of playing time. Maybe it happens, but I doubt it.

they have to go for a top gialie thats left out there, thay already have a 3rd stringer in walski, you cant count on 1 freshman goalie no matter who it is.

One thing to remember is it is also about scholarship money. I would assume Eidsness is getting a good chunk of money to come here, and I don't think they would give another 3/4-full ride sholarship to two goaltenders coming in the same year. Obviously you want to find the best goalie possible, but you also have to get the best goalie for the money that you are giving them.

One thing to remember is it is also about scholarship money. I would assume Eidsness is getting a good chunk of money to come here, and I don't think they would give another 3/4-full ride sholarship to two goaltenders coming in the same year. Obviously you want to find the best goalie possible, but you also have to get the best goalie for the money that you are giving them.

any names out there we should keep an eye on usa?? thanks