SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I'm assuming Kelly Zajac is on the Sioux radar, for obvious reasons, so I was trying to figure out when he might arrive if all goes well with his development and recruitment. Here's a little Zajac family history:

Travis d.o.b. 5-13-85

2002-03, 59 games 16-36-52

2003-04, 59 games, 43-69-112

Travis was about 17 years, 4 months old when he started his first year at Salmon Arm. He was about 19 years, 4 months old when he arrived at UND.

Darcy d.o.b. 9-23-86

2004-05, 60 games, 12-21-33

2005-06, 57 games, 37-43-80

Darcy was 18 years old when he started at Salmon Arm, and will turn 20 to start his UND career.

Kelly d.o.b. 6-6-88

Kelly will start his Salmon Arm stint age 18 years, 3 months. I read that he probably would have started at Salmon Arm last year, but Hockey Canada's new rules prevented him from playing out of province. It should be interesting to see whether he puts up numbers that more closely resemble a first-year Zajac or a second-year Zajac. If he does well, then perhaps he is a piece of the puzzle for 2007, and we might get to hear the "Zajac from Zajac" that we just missed this year. There are several interesting players on this year's Salmon Arm team, including Volpei (from SSM and headed to SCSU), Winnett (Michigan) and Mosey (SSM), so they should be fun to follow.

If he does well, then perhaps he is a piece of the puzzle for 2007, and we might get to hear the "Zajac from Zajac" that we just missed this year.

I agree that if Kelly has a good year in the BCHL that he may come in for 07 instead of 08.

Is Kelly supposed to be more like Darcy (grinder) or Travis (finesse) in playing style?

I agree that if Kelly has a good year in the BCHL that he may come in for 07 instead of 08.

Is Kelly supposed to be more like Darcy (grinder) or Travis (finesse) in playing style?

Last time I saw the kid he was more finesse than grinder, mainly because of his size, i.e., not very big. He was however a pretty smart little guy, made some nifty plays around the net that were Toews like. Again he is no Toews, however, and never will be :[

Not sure on hair color, but Riley Nash has a common Sioux background and fits the description:

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/rosters_prof...playerID=175980

brad malone is 6'2'' and 205 i believe...who knows.

i wonder(even though i would not do this) if someone was to ask them what their name is would they say, or is that more of a secret? i know its pretty weird though

Not sure on hair color, but Riley Nash has a common Sioux background and fits the description:

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/rosters_prof...playerID=175980

Not him, this guys face was shorter and fuller.

I did think about asking his name, but Eades was already looking at me funny when I looked back to get a second look, so I could describe him to you guys.

Not him, this guys face was shorter and fuller.

I did think about asking his name, but Eades was already looking at me funny when I looked back to get a second look, so I could describe him to you guys.

No thanks, I know what Eades looks like... ;)

Alright I know this has been brought up quite a bit but not for a while but does anyone know what the deal is with Mario Lamoureux yet. Is he going to play in the USHL again this year? I am assuming that if he plays in the USHL this year that means he will be playing for the Sioux in 07 or otherwise he will go to Red Deer? this year.

No thanks, I know what Eades looks like... ;)

HAHA! It was an evil eye! I think I figured out why the guys listen to him. One look like that and you would quake. :love:

I believe that Mario is playing in the USCHL this year, but I could be wrong. I think he was just offered a scholarship to UND and hasn't actually ever signed a NLI. Anyone know for sure?

• 2 weeks later...

The BCHL started last night. To bad that Trupp is going to miss a few weeks. I think he would have challenged Kyle Turris for the league scoring title.

Salmon Arm won last night. They have a half dozen players of interest to follow on their team alone.

David Toews is back in a good place, so hopefully he is a SIOUX in the future.

The BCHL started last night. To bad that Trupp is going to miss a few weeks. I think he would have challenged Kyle Turris for the league scoring title.

Salmon Arm won last night. They have a half dozen players of interest to follow on their team alone.

David Toews is back in a good place, so hopefully he is a SIOUX in the future.

where is david toews at this year? would be great to see him in a sioux sweater in the next couple years along with is it kelly zajac??

This may have already been posted but I was talking to the Sioux Falls Stampede Coach at a golf tourney and he indicated that Malone would be visiting UND this week and that he has narrowed his choices down to UND or Wisconsin.

Hopefully we will put on a good impression so we can get him locked up.

Hopefully we will want to play an uptempo style instead of a defensive systems game that focuses

on defense first.

A football weekend in Madison with all that State Street has to offer on fall weekends would be stiff competition, as beautiful as we all know GF to be. Of course, we also know that Sioux hockey players traditionally hate to party, so it matters not.