SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I got word today that the Sioux have showed considerable interest in him.

now this is a big goalie and he put up some decent numbers....13-5 and a 2.46 GAA....

RAWLINGS, Chris

Current Team: Salmon Arm Silverbacks

Jersey Number: 37

Position: G

Height: 6'5

Weight: 200

Hometown: North Delta, BC

Shoots: Left

Date of Birth: September 19, 1988 (17 years)

Posters on USCHO say that the Wisconsin State Journal indicated Winnett's final two were Michigan and Wisconsin. I couldn't find the article online, but it's probably correct.

That's the same Journal that allegedly stated that Ben has committed to Michigan.

now this is a big goalie and he put up some decent numbers....13-5 and a 2.46 GAA....

RAWLINGS, Chris

Current Team: Salmon Arm Silverbacks

Jersey Number: 37

Position: G

Height: 6'5

Weight: 200

Hometown: North Delta, BC

Shoots: Left

Date of Birth: September 19, 1988 (17 years)

Yeah, he is a big goaltender. And Salmon Arm just signed a WHL reject goaltender to back him up who is 6'6" tall.

In any case, having a goaltender that tall would be totally against the grain.

That's the same Journal that allegedly stated that Ben has committed to Michigan.

winnett did commit to mich., but other than on ss.com i havent seen that he was interested in UND...

but on the flip side there still is brad malone and m lammy and a few others...also that ben blood sounds like he would be a nice pickup on D.

winnett did commit to mich., but other than on ss.com i havent seen that he was interested in UND...

but on the flip side there still is brad malone and m lammy and a few others...also that ben blood sounds like he would be a nice pickup on D.

As far as guys who have hockey heritage that are up and coming,

Salmon Arm just signed a Defenseman named Hank Van Boxmeer who is the son of former NHL player/coach John Van Boxmeer. He's a defenseman with pretty good size (6'2" 196lbs.) and the report states that he holds some offensive ability. Other than that, I know nothing about him. He got signed out of Midget AAA last season. He intrigued me because it's interesting (to me anyways) to see sons of former NHL players or coaches coming up through the ranks. I don't know if Hank's "any good" or whether he is a "blue chip recruit." But if he does well, he may be worth a look.

I'm reading the printed version of the Wisconsin State Journal and there is a short article on the Under-18 World Cup and the Badger prospects that are going to be in it. They mention Brett Bruneteau...

"At least one other pmember of Team USA will be monitored closely by UW coaches. Bree Bruneteau, a 17-year-old center with Omaha of the U.S. Junior Hockey Leahge, has expressed an interet in the Badgers, for 2007-2008. According to his father, Rick, he is considering seven or eight schools. He is also attracted to the Western Collegiate Hockey Association..."

It also mentions that UW lost out on Ben Winnett who said Wed that he will play for Michigan in 2007

I can't find today's article online, perhaps it will be there tomorrow, but he is an interesting one. Talks about some recruits that UW is looking at, and some that they have missed... perhaps we have interest in a few of these? I haven't heard many of the names here... anyone have any info on them?

UW men's hockey: Two recruits still on horizon

I'm reading the printed version of the Wisconsin State Journal and there is a short article on the Under-18 World Cup and the Badger prospects that are going to be in it. They mention Brett Bruneteau...

"At least one other pmember of Team USA will be monitored closely by UW coaches. Bree Bruneteau, a 17-year-old center with Omaha of the U.S. Junior Hockey Leahge, has expressed an interet in the Badgers, for 2007-2008. According to his father, Rick, he is considering seven or eight schools. He is also attracted to the Western Collegiate Hockey Association..."

It also mentions that UW lost out on Ben Winnett who said Wed that he will play for Michigan in 2007

I can't find today's article online, perhaps it will be there tomorrow, but he is an interesting one. Talks about some recruits that UW is looking at, and some that they have missed... perhaps we have interest in a few of these? I haven't heard many of the names here... anyone have any info on them?

UW men's hockey: Two recruits still on horizon

A few of whom?

The four players listed are Bohmbach, who committed to UW, Winnett, who committed to Michigan, Colton Grant, who committed to Major Juniors, and Jordan Schroeder, who committed to the Gophers are the only ones mentioned in the article?

A few of whom?

The four players listed are Bohmbach, who committed to UW, Winnett, who committed to Michigan, Colton Grant, who committed to Major Juniors, and Jordan Schroeder, who committed to the Gophers are the only ones mentioned in the article?

I guess I'm out of the loop, I missed the fact that Bohmbach was already going to UW. I'll admit that I didn't read very much of the article...

"Word along the grapevine has it that Eden Prairie forward Danny Kristo, a very talented young forward that is headed off to the NTDP, will be joining the North Dakota Flickertails for college. The Gophers were also very high on Kristo so this is a very good pick up for North Dakota. Congrats to him and good luck (except against the "U" that is!)."

http://gopherpuck.blogspot.com/

found this little piece on him, good player to land if this is correct............

Danny Kristo (5-11, 155): From Eden Prairie (Minn.) H.S, Kristo made an immediate splash by finishing as the tournament's second leading scorer with a 5-4

"Word along the grapevine has it that Eden Prairie forward Danny Kristo, a very talented young forward that is headed off to the NTDP, will be joining the North Dakota Flickertails for college. The Gophers were also very high on Kristo so this is a very good pick up for North Dakota. Congrats to him and good luck (except against the "U" that is!)."

http://gopherpuck.blogspot.com/

Great pick up if true. Would he be an '09?

I'm in the same boat as most all of you on this one as well. After what I had been hearing, I thought it was just a matter of time before he gave his verbal to the Gophers. Nice to see we got a real nice player for the future especially since it sounds as if Lucia was really after him. Now lets start adding to the 07 class.

Interestingly enough, Kristo is almost the exact same age as David Toews who is ocnsidered an 08. This means that he may be a candidate for acceleration if his game is ready.

any word on toews and tessier?? is that his name?..thx