SiouxSports.com Forum

Robbie Bina

DGH

The news that his recovery is progressing well is super.

The article also gives us a few answers about the plan for the near future. He can skate and work out now, and his next check-up is in about six months, or near the end of February. Even if he were cleared to play then, it's hard to imagine a scenario where it would make sense to add a player for the last few weeks of the season. So now he can concentrate on recovering, and hopefully be cleared to play and be his usual mini-tower of strength again beginning in the Fall of 2006.

Missing a full season = a 2-minute minor and a delayed one-game suspension?  :glare:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Much like ending a guy's career results in being suspended for a few games + the playoffs plus a season that didn't happen anyways (Todd Bertuzzi). The punishment never seems to fit the crime, unfortunately.

I'm happy he's able to skate and work out! That's great!

Still, I hope he takes the safe path and makes his glorious return opening day 2006.

As for the Bertuzzi thing: At least Todd was convincing when it came to being sorry it happened. Paukovich wasn't really genuine at all.

The point everyone misses in this comparison is simple: The NHL took action. The WCHA/NCAA in this case said "oh yeah uh... yeah, he was injured.. yeah. uh... ok, one game."

If the NCAA was as dedicated to fixing problems like the Bina tragedy like they were about Bertuzzi (even though the suspension turned out to be somewhat of a joke), then Paukovich wouldn't be playing at least the first half of the season and Don Adam would be a spectator instead of an on ice anything with the WCHA

If the NCAA was as dedicated to fixing problems like the Bina tragedy like they were about Bertuzzi (even though the suspension turned out to be somewhat of a joke), then Paukovich wouldn't be playing at least the first half of the season and Don Adam would be a spectator instead of an on ice anything with the WCHA

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

However, it will be six months before his next checkup, ...

Late August plus six months equals late February. There's not much adding one defenseman, who hasn't played in a year, will do for a team's fortunes at that point. I suspect a medical hardship year is in Robbie's 2005-06 future.

Welcome to 8 defensemen:

Smaby, Radke, Chorney, Jones, Lee, Finley, Alexander, and Marvin.

Welcome to 8 defensemen:

Smaby, Radke, Chorney, Jones, Lee, Finley, Alexander, and Marvin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First off it would appear that all will get some playing time this season.

However, it will be six months before his next checkup, meaning he likely wouldn

According to this article in the Herald, Bina say's he is "99%" sure he will take a medical hardship this year. 

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/12468644.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very VERY smart move on his part.

Now he can skate, work out, and in a few months, practice with the team all this year and not try to rush things.

Also send him your lawyers address so he'll know who to contact about the malpractice suit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have stated nothing medically in my past that has turned out incorrect.

Besides, I have never claimed to be a medical professional. I express my opinion, none of it of the diagnostic variety.